That looks like its worth picking up. 
Finnaly......
WAAAGH!

MowTin
Expert Trustee

Morgrum said:

That looks like its worth picking up. 
Finnaly......

As creators of No Man’s Sky, we are in love with everything sci-fi. Virtual reality feels like a science fiction become real, and has always seemed like a perfect fit for this futuristic game of ours.
It’s completely unique to land on a world that no-one has ever seen before and to really feel as if you’re there, and the team has worked so hard to make this a true VR experience rather than a port.
Grab the joystick and thruster to fly your starship over an unexplored alien planet as you peer out of the cockpit at the view below. Reach into your backpack to grab your multitool, touch it to switch to terrain manipulation, and carve out intricate shapes with unprecedented control. Play in multiplayer and casually wave to your non-VR friends or fist bump your PSVR peers.
No Man’s Sky Virtual Reality is not a separate mode, but the entire game brought to life in virtual reality. Anything possible in No Man’s Sky, NEXT or any other update is ready and waiting as an immersive and enriched VR experience.
No Man’s Sky Virtual Reality, like all the parts of Beyond, will be free to existing players. However, we’re excited to announce that the release of Beyond will see an exclusive retail release of the game on PlayStation 4. This physical edition will come with the base game, VR support, and every update so far, including Beyond.
No Man’s Sky Virtual Reality will bring the experience to PlayStation VR and Steam VR, and will be released simultaneously on both platforms.

https://www.nomanssky.com/2019/03/no-mans-sky-beyond-vr/

This will have motion control and HOTAS support. Insane! 

i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

rVRcloset
Heroic Explorer
Think this can be really cool in VR!!
The Closet Sim Rig
Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I want to get excited, I really do. Because this has great potentially. But you know, "fool me once" and that whole thing. I hope it works out! I will definitely buy it based on first-hand reviews.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Zenbane said:

I want to get excited, I really do. Because this has great potentially. But you know, "fool me once" and that whole thing. I hope it works out! I will definitely buy it based on first-hand reviews.

Have you plated it in recent time? They have more than redeemed themselves, it is a great game.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

geebee666 said:

Zenbane said:

Have you plated it in recent time? They have more than redeemed themselves, it is a great game.

I'm not much for pancake flat screen gaming, so what little time I make for it is reserved for other games. Right now I'm going through the Metro series which will likely be the only flat games I play all year.

I did follow No Man's Sky progression since before it was released. It seems to have followed the same progression as every MMORPG ever released: grandiose promises, half-ass release, multi-year release cycle that addresses early promises.

I have no doubt that today it has become something akin to what it promised in the beginning, if not better. That happens a lot with large-scale multiplayer games. But I'm not as forgiving as I used to be in my youth. Once the VR version is released, and if people give it decent enough ratings, then I'll take the plunge!

I have nothing against the game or the developer. I just made other software a higher priority.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Yeah, I was also interested in this game before release. Haven’t followed it since the initial disappointment, but I’ll certainly take a look once the VR mode comes out. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

RattyUK
Trustee
I'm torn on this one.  The trailers I watched of the game had me bored after a few minutes, the reviews are mixed but none contain any real gameplay (apart from grind - something anyone who plays E:D is completely familiar with...) commentary.  As it is still 50% off on steam, and the VR update is 'free' I'm half tempted 🙂
Anyone prepared to give a comparision between both games (and if a HOTAS is useable in NMS)?
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

New stuff:

More info here:

https://www.roadtovr.com/no-mans-sky-vr-frontiers-update-steam-psvr/

https://uploadvr.com/no-mans-sky-gets-frontiers-update/

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"