cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Rift -S be £300 in the United Kingdom?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Some people are saying it's £399, but it's $399, which makes it £300 in the UK. Can anyone confirm the price in the UK and if not when will we get to find out?
17 REPLIES 17

To be fair $399 will be excluding tax where as £399 will include VAT @ 20%

Fair point bigmike, I keep forgetting about tax law in the US, isn't there sales tax over there? I guess that varies from state to state or something.

RattyUK
Trustee

To be fair $399 will be excluding tax where as £399 will include VAT @ 20%

And import duty at whatever it is at the time.
$ = £ when duty & taxes are added, roughly so I was calculating on the same 🙂
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Greyman
Superstar

Mradr said:

To play fair - you guys also get another year of warranty for the price differences (because by law it is force). Here in the US - its only one year.

the 2-year warranty that Europeans enjoy appears to be as a result of EU law, so quite what happens to the UK after the April 12th BREXIT, or whenever it will be, will be interesting to see.

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
Brexit will release alongside knuckles and halflife 3 I bet !
Be good, die great !

Greyman
Superstar
...or CV2 maybe??  ?

LZoltowski
Champion
Dotn forget import tax and VAT 🙂
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

Greyman said:

Mradr said:

To play fair - you guys also get another year of warranty for the price differences (because by law it is force). Here in the US - its only one year.

the 2-year warranty that Europeans enjoy appears to be as a result of EU law, so quite what happens to the UK after the April 12th BREXIT, or whenever it will be, will be interesting to see.

I never thought about that when I created this thread. 

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/74531/amazonuk-1-year-warranty-on-rift-in-the-uk#la...

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
So, how much are we going to ask for our Rifts on ebay/Gumtree etc then?

I reckon £200 - though my headband plastic is starting to turn white, which is an off-putter for buyers

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2