Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brace yourselves: Official Rift-S reveal is coming

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Oculus Rift S PC VR Headset Set For GDC 2019 Reveal

An email sent to Oculus developers by Facebook suggests ‘Rift S’ will be formally revealed at GDC 2019.

UploadVR confirmed with multiple people the email mentions ‘Rift S’ alongside ‘Oculus Go’ and ‘Oculus Quest’. This suggests we should expect a formal announcement in the near future of the PC-based VR headset succeeding Oculus Rift.

And this all begins THIS MONDAY. Hopefully the rumor-mill will prove true this time.

Also note that Oculus is scheduled to be involved in at least 9 different sessions; you can get the full list of GDC here:

https://schedule.gdconf.com/

Down the Rabbit Hole with Oculus Quest (Presented by Oculus)
https://schedule.gdconf.com/session/down-the-rabbit-hole-with-oculus-quest-presented-by-oculus/86560...

Creating Realistic Acoustics with Oculus Audio Propagation (Presented by Oculus)
https://schedule.gdconf.com/session/creating-realistic-acoustics-with-oculus-audio-propagation-prese...

1,078 REPLIES 1,078

pyroth309
Visionary
Yea kind of a weird derail lol

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Mradr said:
But the item isnt new its USED meaning its not the same as getting a new one witch is what I think he was trying to comment. I am sure you can buy a new one - but with Ebay and the likes you are taking a risk that it is new or not been used by someone else or is trying to sell it because of a imperfection. 

Oh my, now you're going to struggle with this issues as well?
Here is what pyro said,
"Yea the only reason I'm probably going to get a Rift-S is because I
can't stand to put on my CV1 anymore and look through those lenses lol. I
just looked on ebay and CV1's are going for 100 bucks, even saw a brand
new unopened one for 150 lol. I'll have to hold mine until people need
parts."

Everything he said was true. Check E-Bay instead of starting another meaningless debate.

trek554
Adventurer

Zenbane said:

trek554 said:lol you really are a special kind of stupid. no one looks at a current bid and says that is what an item is "going for". what an item goes for is what the item ends up selling at. 

The initial listing price is how much it is going for at the time of listing. As the bidding increases, that is how much it is going for at that time. When the auction is over, the final price is the final sale price, which is how much it went for.

You trying to call me "stupid" is ironic considering how much you're failing at: Math, English, Logic, and a general sense of Time.

again, you illiterate dolt, the bidding price is NOT the price the item is "going for". a bidding price will keep going up and the person selling an item likely has a minimum price that they will actually take. AGAIN what an item "goes for" means what it sold for. anyone with an IQ above 75 can understand that. if you tell someone that an item is going for 100 bucks at a store then they will of course think that you are talking about what the item i selling for. hell it was very common for people to come on the car lot when I sold cars and literately ask how much a certain car was "going for". they were clearly asking how much the final selling price would be.  
WIN 11 | 13700KF | MSI MPG Z790 CARBON WIFI | G.SKILL 64GB 6400MHZ CL32 | GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | SEASONIC FOCUS GX-1000

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

trek554 said:
again, you illiterate dolt, the bidding price is NOT the price the item is "going for".

The bidding price is how much it is going for at that time. Only an illiterate dolt would struggle to understand this.

a bidding price will keep going up
Which means the "going for" price will increase. But these are big words for you, clearly.

AGAIN what an item "goes for" means what it sold for.

Nope. When an item is sold (past tense), that is not how much it "goes for" (present tense) that is how much it "went for" (past tense).

English. Math. Logic. Time.

trek554
Adventurer

Zenbane said:

trek554 said:
again, you illiterate dolt, the bidding price is NOT the price the item is "going for".

The bidding price is how much it is going for at that time. Only an illiterate dolt would struggle to understand this.

Which means the "going for" price will increase. But these are big words for you, clearly.

Nope. When an item is sold (past tense), that is not how much it "goes for" (present tense) that is how much it "went for" (past tense).

you cant possibly be so dumb to look at an item that was just listed and has 6 more days to go and use that bidding price to say that is what the item is going for. it is NOT what the item is going for because it is nothing more than a current bid that will go up. only a fucking moron would look at the lowest current bid price on an item and say that is what the item is going for. 
WIN 11 | 13700KF | MSI MPG Z790 CARBON WIFI | G.SKILL 64GB 6400MHZ CL32 | GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | SEASONIC FOCUS GX-1000

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

trek554 said:
you cant possibly be so dumb to look at an item that was just listed and has 6 mores days to go and use that bidding price to say that is what the item is going for.

That is what it is "going for" at that time. It's strange how you will type the phrase "6 more days" yet not understand how time actually works.

it is NOT what the item is going

Yes it is, at that moment in time.

Check your Dictionary for the word "going"
advance toward an objective 

An Auction has a "going for" price that is in the process of advancing towards a final price. Extreme common sense that is clearly flying far above your head.

only a fucking moron would look at a the lowest current bid price on an item is say that is what the item is going for. 

A life of home-schooling has not prepared you for life on the Internet.

pyroth309
Visionary

trek554 said:

Zenbane said:

trek554 said:

you cant possibly be so dumb to look at an item that was just listed and has 6 more days to go and use that bidding price to say that is what the item is going for. it is NOT what the item is going for because it is nothing more than a current bid that will go up. only a fucking moron would look at the lowest current bid price on an item and say that is what the item is going for. 

Bro you're raging over a side comment anyway. I'll choose my words better to avoid confusion lol.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Zenbane said:

Mradr said:
Can't support both if you only selling one though:) but you just ignore the fact?

Incorrect. Microsoft supports things that they have discontinued all the time. Just because you don't understand how this is possible doesn't mean a company like Oculus doesn't understand. A lot of your arguments rely on the notion that an organization is limited to the things that you personally choose to understand. But that's fiction.

They will support it much like the DK units.

There's a difference between a Consumer product and a Demo product. That should be obvious.

Once your warranty is up - they will just tell you to get a new one.
There will be no extra parts outside of warranty or low volume supply
once that extra stuff runs out. Even upcoming patches will be drop. So
its not really a choice - its a cut off date:) I mean look at the
treatment of DK owners after they stop the sell of the units.

That's a nice fictional story. You'd make a decent writer I think lol

Na, Microsoft will just tell you 'Meh, that sucks, but we dont really support it" - would you like to upgrade to bla bla bla to help you with this problem?" I see it all the time. I work very close to them. Unless you bring in a ton of business - they might help with small things - but once its a problem - they just tell you to wait for the next update, to upgrade, or reinstall the software base. They will sell you support in terms of service support - but not programming support unless you pay a pretty big penny like we are seeing with Window 7 Pro

Waiting on a ticket with them right now and all I got back at the start was just a "well just uninstall it" lol. I even went out of my to explain everything and how a uninstall wasnt the right method for 150+ computers because of their need to put candy crush on everything LOL.

There is, sure, but how do you think its really going to go down? Do you think theyre going to just be like "we are a limited team, but you know what, we are going to rewrite the current tracking method to support the new controllers"? IF you think that is so - ha lol.

Once your warranty is up they wont supply you a new Rift. I am sure the window to buy used ones will close after 6 months if they still even allow it after the Rift S releases.

pyroth309
Visionary
So the listed IPD range in the software from that video is 58-72. Isn't the original rift 59-71? I wonder if it will really work well at those far extremes.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Mradr said:
Na, Microsoft will just tell you 'Meh, that sucks, but we dont really support it"

More fiction. I've worked closely with Microsoft for 20 years, and you couldn't be more wrong. Check their OS Lifecycle fact sheet as one example:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet
ic0q29s3zp4q.png

Nothing you are claiming about Microsoft's and Oculus' support is factually true. You are just arguing your own personal theory.