Valve Index - Specifications released.

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
1,893 REPLIES 1,893

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Oh, well, nice try by Valve, but Sony always wins  😄

ekjcybzczmd5.jpg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
At least it doesn´t look like a Vive prototype anylonger.

This indepth article from november 2018 pretty much summons up "what we know" about the leaked photos up until now I think:

Also, Valve's marketing have always been trolling in itself. Personally I love it.
 It wouldn't surprise me if they release specs, maybe even software title's on monday April 1st.

Be good, die great !

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whooee , things are getting interesting.
An actual physical IPD adjustment, how about that lol.
Going to be nice having choices!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

KlodsBrik said:

At least it doesn´t look like a Vive prototype anylonger.

This indepth article from november 2018 pretty much summons up "what we know" about the leaked photos up until now I think:

Also, Valve's marketing have always been trolling in itself. Personally I love it.
 It wouldn't surprise me if they release specs, maybe even software title's on monday April 1st.

Liked this part especially:

"Upload VR’s David Heaney claims that his sources say that the headset will have the same resolution of Vive Pro (2880×1600) and 135° FOV. Valve News Network says that the resolution will be bigger than Vive Pro and that FOV will be 150°. "

Seems like most believe in 135 fov - but 150 would be amazing. Then I'd be forced to start modding Skyrim!  😄

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

Anonymous
Not applicable

RuneSR2 said:

Seems like most believe in 135 fov - but 150 would be amazing. Then I'd be forced to start modding Skyrim!  😄

150 would be too much and just another Pimax honestly unless they have eye tracking. 135 is kind of the cap or edge of what current GPUs will be able to handle in terms of 10s, 20s, and 30s cards. Anything higher than you really do run the risk no one ever buying it other than the top 1%.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Interesting how everything may turn out, if profits aren't there - probably not a David vs. Goliat fight, but it could be...  😄

6glvv3rl2it1.jpg

qs98we91tk9l.png

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
Some people on reddit suggest that it will have a handtracking module as well.

Be good, die great !

bigmike20vt
Visionary
So long as windows MR are sticking g with 2 camera inside out then I am not going near one of those.
Also whilst oculus is my preferred vr store front steam is head and shoulders above the windows vr infrastructure and I wod want the majority of titles I play to be natively supported and not reliant almost solely on wrappers.like most windows MR users are.
I really want to stick with oculus bit depending on what this new valve hmd is I will probably jump ship .... Hopefully if openXR takes off I can get back to buying from oculus store sooner rather than .later however
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

pyroth309
Visionary

KlodsBrik said:

Some people on reddit suggest that it will have a handtracking module as well.

That's interesting if true, I figured there had to be more to that slot. I thought it might be for some kind of hand tracking device or something.

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
Ha, i can't beieve this, only yestarday i almost bought a Vive for £499 here in the UK, as that has been the cheapest it has ever been, but on the final confirm purchase screen i changed my mind, twice........lol

Glad i did now as this looks very interesting.
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.