Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valve Index - Specifications released.

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
1,893 REPLIES 1,893

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
According to this article we are just going to hear about it in May.

https://kotaku.com/valve-teases-new-vr-headset-more-info-coming-in-may-1833691899

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
And some more speculations about the naming - index .. lenses...:

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/b7nad2/redditectives_have_almost_certainly_figured_out/

Image result for index lenses vision

Hmmmmm....

Image result for index lenses vision

Image result for wondering animated gif

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

pyroth309
Visionary
At least now we know what Index is.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

pyroth309 said:

Maybe - I'm looking forward to hear it from Valve. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

pyroth309
Visionary

RuneSR2 said:

pyroth309 said:

Maybe - I'm looking forward to hear it from Valve. 

I think the evidence is too strong given the patents and the logo. Look at the Logo again, it's a user behind two lenses. I guess the name will make sense when the marketing starts.

Sandcracka
Adventurer
After adjusting the lighting a bit more you can see that the front face plate is certainly semi translucent.  There appears to be a couple more sensors behind the face plate?

ozn505zn8ysy.jpg

pyroth309
Visionary

After adjusting the lighting a bit more you can see that the front face plate is certainly semi translucent.  There appears to be a couple more sensors behind the face plate?

ozn505zn8ysy.jpg

lt4re3gi5pak.jpg

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Someone mentioned that the centers of the green rings (see below) probably are for outside-in tracking - and that the cameras in the front have bad angles for inside-out tracking and therefore may be pass-through cameras or for controller-free hand tracking.

0eqvd8taxxx7.jpg

This guessing game is so much fun! - It'll be so boring when Valve provides us with the correct answers!  😄

Well, by then there's probably a new upcoming super-secret HMD to explore  😉

inovator
Consultant
Can't wait for cv6 it will be the size of eye glasses l. Cv10 will be implanted in your brain.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
The big reveal I'm waiting for is the price. Unless Valve have had a change of heart it's going to be expensive. Or maybe HTC caused the other headsets to be expensive. Will this have HTC displays in it or is that partnership over?