cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Stormland trailer, looks soo good!

LZoltowski
Champion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXmqHaiQXSQ
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
48 REPLIES 48

Morgrum
Expert Trustee

MowTin said:

^^^ I'm ready for whatever Skeletor brings. I have the power. 

Considering He-Man is the first leather daddy that also counts as flame on. 😄

WAAAGH!

ShocksVR
Superstar
My current desktop wallpaper:

I can't wait for this game to release!!  Hopefully it's very soon !

i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

MowTin said:

Zenbane said:
That's a rather ineffective way to mask what you're really saying. You prefer the monotonous task of shooters where there is no real skill or talent involved. Shooters are "twitch" based as the primary skillset. Shooters come a dime a dozen. Puzzle/Adventure games require actual thought. You may want your heart to race, but not from a challenge, but from the same old repetitious race to see who can line up the crosshairs quicker. Boring.

If you think shooters don't require any skills then maybe it's because you play on easy.

I play Multiplayer. You play single player?? LMAO

Puzzle games don't require much thought. The puzzles are not
designed to frustrate players or require an IQ of 150. If you're smart
they're not challenging. Maybe you find them challenging

Depends on the puzzle game. But puzzles generally require thought, it's the very nature of a puzzle. And I'd take an IQ challenge against you and your single player Shooter experiences any day!

The last puzzler I enjoyed was FORM. I got through it fairly quickly, but I enjoy the challenge of that as opposed to putting a single player game on Hard Mode and killing NPC's based on a scripted pattern. Which is apparently what you do lol

😉

MowTin
Expert Trustee

Zenbane said:
I play Multiplayer. You play single player?? LMAO

Depends on the puzzle game. But puzzles generally require thought, it's the very nature of a puzzle. And I'd take an IQ challenge against you and your single player Shooter experiences any day!

The last puzzler I enjoyed was FORM. I got through it fairly quickly, but I enjoy the challenge of that as opposed to putting a single player game on Hard Mode and killing NPC's based on a scripted pattern. Which is apparently what you do lol

😉

I've been playing multi-player fps games since before windows 95. I had to login into dial-up WAN's. I'm surprised that you've played multiplayer fps games because you claimed shooters don't require skill. It's not something I would expect any seasoned fps player to say.

But I didn't mean to insult puzzle games, a genre you love. I was wrong about Wilson's Heart. I initially hated it but as I played the puzzles were fun. I enjoyed the game.

I'm just pointing out a fact that puzzle games are not going to sell VR to the masses. They're cheaper to make so that's why we have so many of them in VR right now. Unfortunately, they just don't have the same commercial popularity as other genres like shooters. 

i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

Anonymous
Not applicable
The problem I have with puzzle games, thanks to my brain being FAR superior to everyone else's, is that they're WAY too easy.

Which is why it's essential to the survival of the human race for me and @vannagirl to reproduce - with my brains and good looks combined with her obvious brawn and aggression our kids will be key to the human race surviving any kind of apocalypse.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

MowTin said:I've been playing multi-player fps games since before windows 95. I had to login into dial-up WAN's. I'm surprised that you've played multiplayer fps games because you claimed shooters don't require skill. It's not something I would expect any seasoned fps player to say.

But you literally brought up the game modes (e.g. Normal Mode, Hard Mode). Those are single-player settings. Everything I talked about before you said that was in regards to Multi-Player games.

I'm just pointing out a fact that puzzle games are not going to sell VR
to the masses. They're cheaper to make so that's why we have so many of
them in VR right now. Unfortunately, they just don't have the same
commercial popularity as other genres like shooters.

Shooters are not selling well to the VR Masses either; look at all the "wave shooters" in VR and how many of them get blasted with negative comments for "being just another wave shooter." There are bad implementations of genres on both sides. Many puzzle games in VR end up being an easy walkthrough that pose very little challenge, and some shooters are implemented as "wave shooters" and end up boring and repetitious.

But there's also quality games out there, like Onward and Obduction; a great VR Shooter and a great VR Puzzler.

It's hard to sell much to the masses in VR because VR itself is still trying to sell to the masses. Right now, the best selling VR games are Super Hot and Beat Saber. Neither of these is a multiplayer shooter. Although Super Hot does count as both a single-player shooter and a puzzler!!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
And btw, I was doing quite well in Dead & Buried's multiplayer shooter sessions back when I was addicted to it in 2017:

bsg74dsan5fw.jpg

🙂

I thought you were one of the good guys

Morgrum
Expert Trustee

I thought you were one of the good guys

Seriously?

That's it stand still.

p6nevyd8lth3.gif

WAAAGH!