cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condescension of the pandering and pacifying variety(a.k.a. the badge system)

lindseymccarthy
Honored Guest
In case there is anyone else of the same mind, I thought I would add my feedback regarding the forum badge system. I just joined, an hour ago, and can't understate how much I don't care about a forum achievement system. It seems silly at the very least, and condescending at most. If active members have high engagement and do well to help other members, they will naturally be respected and become popular; you don't need a boy-scout rank system for that, it just happens.

That said, I appreciate this forum and look forward to having some questions answered.
26 REPLIES 26

MikeF
Trustee
then just dont worry about it

Techy111
MVP
MVP
As @MikeF said, don't worry about it mate. It means nothing. Years ago we had a poster of the week program and we could win a tshirt and they became very sought after. We will help you with anything Oculus related on this forum but sadly cannot help with any boy scout badges 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

CrashFu
Consultant
I think it's a combination of "Achievements for the sake of achievements"  and a relic from a previous era, when forum users who earned the most points in a given week were crowned with a special title.  And a T-shirt.
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

I'm beginning to think my T-Shirt is a bit condescending now.

Digikid1
Consultant
I think that this should be moved to the off topic forum.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I think it's great because unlike my real life peen, my e-peen is quite large :blush:

pyroth309
Visionary

On a serious note, it means nothing. 

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
One can grind for lol awesome or like's. But one won't get those if they are rude to the community.
 Also what does achievements matter?
 Welcome btw. Let yourself loose ! :love:

Be good, die great !

Anonymous
Not applicable

pyroth309 said:

On a serious note, it means nothing. 

Bollocks!!!!!!!!one11one

I have the fourth biggest e-peen on here. It means EVERYTHING!!!