cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condescension of the pandering and pacifying variety(a.k.a. the badge system)

lindseymccarthy
Honored Guest
In case there is anyone else of the same mind, I thought I would add my feedback regarding the forum badge system. I just joined, an hour ago, and can't understate how much I don't care about a forum achievement system. It seems silly at the very least, and condescending at most. If active members have high engagement and do well to help other members, they will naturally be respected and become popular; you don't need a boy-scout rank system for that, it just happens.

That said, I appreciate this forum and look forward to having some questions answered.
26 REPLIES 26

kzintzi
Trustee

Techy111 said:

As @MikeF said, don't worry about it mate. It means nothing. Years ago we had a poster of the week program and we could win a tshirt and they became very sought after. We will help you with anything Oculus related on this forum but sadly cannot help with any boy scout badges 😉

Still waiting for my t-shirt to arrive. hahahahahahahaha..
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
It's pretty much a non-issue because the Badges are pre-defined and limited. If you look at members who have been here since 2014/2015, they have less than 30 badges. I only get one single badge updated a year, and that's the yearly anniversary badge.

In fact, I forgot there was a badge system until I read this thread lol

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I’ve got 31 badges. Did I win?

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

I've long lusted after Cyber's and Kojack's Combo Breakers (that's not a euphemism).
Impossible to get if you didn't get it early on.

Still, these things aren't important. 😐

Techy111
MVP
MVP
For the English people here, I got a blue Peter badge !!!!!
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

vannagirl
Consultant

Techy111 said:

What about a Jim will fix it one??
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
^^No one is touching those.................yes i know, a poor choice of words. lol
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

vannagirl said:

Techy111 said:

What about a Jim will fix it one??

Ah, went form being a dodgy uncle type figure to something entirely worse.

Something akin to Uncle Joe Stalin.

kojack
MVP
MVP

nalex66 said:

I’ve got 31 badges. Did I win?

I've got 32. 🙂

I've long lusted after Cyber's and Kojack's Combo Breakers (that's not a euphemism).

100 people have that badge. The more rare one is the 6th year anniversary, only 8 of us have that. Not even Cybereality has it, he joined the forum a month before me, but hasn't logged on (with that account) for 4 months.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

You're just trying to make me doubly lustful aren't you @kojack?

I wasn't expecting to type those words.