Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valve Index - Specifications released.

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
1,893 REPLIES 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable
BOE also do 4K panels a suitable size for a headset too, they had them on view at a show some time last year. But they're probably saving them up for the CV2 in 2022 :tongue:

If Valve are going for panels the same resolution as the Vive Pro, whilst that may SOUND great they won't look too good if the Index has a 135 degree FOV. :open_mouth:

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry to say I got drawn in too. The more someone is anti-Oculus for the sake of being anti-oculus, the more frustrated I get. I'll have to learn to ignore.

Love talking other manufacturers otherwise.

Oculus is Anti-Consumer. 

Do you have proof of this? After reading some of your post.. you seem to be breaking a few rules here. I understand you might not be happy with oculus but please understand your comments are against form rules. This will be your first warning.

@RobbyPentakill this thread isn't about bashing Oculus after your other threads created for that purpose have been closed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry to say I got drawn in too. The more someone is anti-Oculus for the sake of being anti-oculus, the more frustrated I get. I'll have to learn to ignore.

Oculus is Anti-Consumer. 

Actually I think you'll find that Valve are anti-consumer and anti-competitive, not Oculus. Why not start a thread about it?  😄

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

snowdog said:w

Oculus is Anti-Consumer. 

Actually I think you'll find that Valve are anti-consumer and anti-competitive, not Oculus. Why not start a thread about it?  😄

You do have a point, SteamVR Home has always been quite grey and dull, the only thing worse may have been the Steam VR intro.

And the environment for the Knuckles demo, set on the surface of the moon, which reintroduce the damn grey! 

Now compare to Oculus Home and First Contact, the difference in quality and warmth is just striking. Oculus is simply:

j0ed33nw37eh.gif

(And no, I'm not trying to be funny - always loved Oculus' design, which sets them apart from everyone else in the best possible way. Oculus may be many things, but anti-consumer isn't one of them - at all) 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

snowdog said:

If Valve are going for panels the same resolution as the Vive Pro, whilst that may SOUND great they won't look too good if the Index has a 135 degree FOV. :open_mouth:

I think you're on to something - I just wish that problem could be solved - maybe if someone invented some special double lenses?  😄 (ok, we'll see about that, really pumping up the hype here :blush: )

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Deleted - somehow a double post was created. 

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
httpsiimgurcomlgrnihWpng

There is also this link that points towards a relese june 30.

Be good, die great !

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
This page mentions Valve Index Controllers and Valve Index Basestations as well as the hmd:
https://steamdb.info/sub/354231/apps/

Be good, die great !