cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condescension of the pandering and pacifying variety(a.k.a. the badge system)

lindseymccarthy
Honored Guest
In case there is anyone else of the same mind, I thought I would add my feedback regarding the forum badge system. I just joined, an hour ago, and can't understate how much I don't care about a forum achievement system. It seems silly at the very least, and condescending at most. If active members have high engagement and do well to help other members, they will naturally be respected and become popular; you don't need a boy-scout rank system for that, it just happens.

That said, I appreciate this forum and look forward to having some questions answered.
26 REPLIES 26

RattyUK
Trustee
I got the 100 LOL's badge today...

Then I had to go count how many badges I had because of this thread :blush:   I've got half as many as @kojack  :wink:
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

kojack
MVP
MVP

You're just trying to make me doubly lustful aren't you @kojack?

I wasn't expecting to type those words.

Yep, better suited to Skype.
1epoix5da8bf.gif

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
"Badges, We have no badges,  we
don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges!"
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've only got 29 badges 😞

But I'm still number 4 in the all time bestest posterers in the world list  so there!!!  B)

Anonymous
Not applicable

But I'm still number 4 in the all time bestest posterers in the world list  so there!!!  B)

RattyUK
Trustee

snowdog said:

So good you had to tell us twice?
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

LZoltowski
Champion
This seems to be a drive-by thread .. altho I do appreciate the feedback, I think the point has been made.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂