cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Screen when pressing home button

bakergr
Honored Guest
I got Galaxy S8 and After last update when ever I press the home button to exit an app and return to oculus home.. (where it should say: close app or return to the app)  there is a black screen and I have to remove my phone to fix it... the same happens when I exit an app. 
11 REPLIES 11

moorey79
Honored Guest
Did you work out how to fix this?
I am now having the same problem with a note9 after the latest update.

tux0topo
Explorer
Having the same problem with an S10e...

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hiya,

If you're experiencing issues with this after a recent update, I would first recommend simply restarting your phone and seeing if that resolves it, if you haven't already. As troubleshooting is fairly limited for mobile apps, if that doesn't work, the next step would be to try uninstalling then reinstalling all of the Oculus / Gear VR apps.

If you're unsure which apps to delete, or if this doesn't resolve the issue, please create a ticket with us so we can look further into this with you! https://support.oculus.com/885981024820727/

Thanks, -Aidan
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

tux0topo
Explorer
Okay... The restarted already tried (actually, i turn off my cellphone every night).
Now i´m trying uninstalling then reinstalling all of the Oculus / Gear VR apps. Later will confirm.
Thanks!

tux0topo
Explorer
Yup. Reinstalling all the apps fixed the problem for me! Thanks!

manixp
Honored Guest
I uninstalled all Oculus apps, Gear services and reinstalled everything. Nothing worked still black screen when pressing the Home Button to exit each app.

machete1101
Honored Guest
Same problem. Uninstalling/installing everything didnt help.

Tepee10101
Honored Guest
Oculus Support posted:   "...the next step would be to try uninstalling then reinstalling all of the Oculus / Gear VR apps."

The one thing you forgot to mention is that after reinstalling all of the Oculus / Gear VR apps you are now required to log in using facebook. I do not have a facebook account; I do not want a facebook account. At least before, I was able to use the Gear VR; now it will not let me use it until I create/log in to facebook.  Total BS.

My bad; you do not have to use facebook - you can still log in using your Oculus account.

legendchew
Honored Guest
I had the same issue as mention above and I also figure out the solution.

The reason for the blank screen after clicking on the return / back / home button was due to the Oculus / Gear VR application was added into Sleeping Apps.

So the solution is to removed all the relevant apps related to 
Oculus / Gear VR from Sleeping Apps.
To remove any application from Sleeping Apps:
1. Go to Device Maintenance > Battery > Settings > Sleeping apps > Click on Recycle Bin icon
2. Select the relevant apps to remove and click Remove. 

Hope this helps.

Regards 
Legend Chew