cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much is a refurbished CV1 headset GOING FOR at Oculus?

Wildt
Consultant
During the end of the warranty period on my CV1, I RMA'ed it because of the well  known audio strap issue. I got a refurbished replacement, which now has a broken IPD sensor.
Warranty has expired, but the good folk at Oculus are offering me to buy a refurbished headset with 6 months of warranty. No controllers or sensors - just the HMD.

How many Euros do you guys think they're charging for it?
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb
49 REPLIES 49

Wildt
Consultant

KlodsBrik said:

Might as well buy a new one even thou it´s sort of expensive.
https://www.elgiganten.dk/product/pc-tablets/pc-gaming/OCULUSBUNDLE/oculus-rift-vr-bundle

Love elgiganten. They always give me great support. But my backlog of purchases might be why.

I'm actually gonna prowl all the local online stores for some leftover/demo sale.

Wildt
Consultant

RuneSR2 said:

Wildt said:

Zenbane said:

KlodsBrik said:

Zenbane said:

Oculus sells refurbished CV1 themselves? Since when? Link?

They offered him a refurbished. Seen that happen in many threads. 🙂

As part of an RMA, right? They keep your broken Rift in the process?

Well, I was hoping for them to offer repairs, or perhaps a HMD swap + cash, but nopes. Just a stupidly expensive refurbished headset with just 6 months warranty. But it DOES include a new cable!

Divine forces are trying to tell you to get the Rift-S and leave the Rift for your daughter - but you probably have already considered that option.

I cannot go back to wired VR for standing experiences, so until there's a working wireless adapter for one of the new HMDs, I'm sticking with the CV1.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RuneSR2 said:

€250 - 300? Probably won't be cheap...

Have we discussed what kind of Grand Awesome Award the winner of your price guessing competition shall receive?   😄

Admitted, this is not a first for me - read about another guy who also got a refurbished HMD offered from Oculus for a similar high price. Ebay may be your best option if you want another Rift. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Wildt
Consultant
You can have the new cable if I decide to bite the bullet :lol:

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
Free cables are awesome, also .......
https://youtu.be/sMXhCUS2JBM

Be good, die great !

Wildt
Consultant
*sigh* .. you guys ever tried raising a bid that's already a tad too high for you (just a teenie bit), in a moment of frustration that the object apparently had a higher value than you were hoping for... and then end up "winning" ? :unamused:

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Wildt said:

*sigh* .. you guys ever tried raising a bid that's already a tad too high for you (just a teenie bit), in a moment of frustration that the object apparently had a higher value than you were hoping for... and then end up "winning" ? :unamused:

Hopefully you did end up saving some money compared to buying directly from Oculus... 

I use Gixen - 6 seconds before the end, no one can react to your bid - but you have to be sure about the max bid 😉

https://www.gixen.com/index.php

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Wildt said:

*sigh* .. you guys ever tried raising a bid that's already a tad too high for you (just a teenie bit), in a moment of frustration that the object apparently had a higher value than you were hoping for... and then end up "winning" ?

Nope, because with Auctions... I differentiate between the current "going for" price and the final "went for" value.

ZING!!

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee

Wildt said:

During the end of the warranty period on my CV1, I RMA'ed it because of the well  known audio strap issue. I got a refurbished replacement, which now has a broken IPD sensor.

Mate I'm pretty confident in saying, if you send Palmer Luckey a message on twitter he will either fix this for you or send you a new one. I know at the moment he's only mentioned doing this for headphones that have broken on our Rift's but I'm sure when you ask he will accept. He's that type of guy and still wants to remain involved in Rift's future and supporting VR.

I'm being serious here too, this isn't a joke, if mine ever breaks I will message him too to fix mine. 

Message him on twitter and then let us know what he says when he gets back to you? Don't forget he already said he will fix headphone issues for free, I'm sure he won't charge you, you'll just have to pay for postage.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

Wildt
Consultant

Wildt said:

Mate I'm pretty confident in saying, if you send Palmer Luckey a message on twitter he will either fix this for you or send you a new one. I know at the moment he's only mentioned doing this for headphones that have broken on our Rift's but I'm sure when you ask he will accept. He's that type of guy and still wants to remain involved in Rift's future and supporting VR.

I'm being serious here too, this isn't a joke, if mine ever breaks I will message him too to fix mine. 

Message him on twitter and then let us know what he says when he gets back to you? Don't forget he already said he will fix headphone issues for free, I'm sure he won't charge you, you'll just have to pay for postage.

Good advice, but I hear that he's (understandably) batching the repairs, so there's quite a long turn around on a fix. I can't wait that long I'm afraid.