MowTin
Expert Trustee
Anyone buy this? I think I'm going to order

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP1A2FUmaPc
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2
14 REPLIES 14

Swifty0ne
Expert Protege
I bought something similar. It worked fine on the Virtulink port on the back of my RTX 2070. No issues with it so far.

MowTin
Expert Trustee

No the video doesn't cut out on me but I have to do a cold restart connect the adapter to the video card then connect the headset to adapter if I don't  the adapter doesn't work and I stand by but original opinion this is a waste of money and far from plug and play the other adapter mention in this thread is HDMI 1.4 b which wouldn't do 90 HZ.
This should have be QA  at the company.

You're right. I ordered the one that @d@dburne suggested and it doesn't work. It flickers. 

I now have two adapters I have to return. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

john.zigmont
Heroic Explorer
Please note most adapters will work at 60HZ but not at 90HZ

I know the thread is old... but although my Oculus Rift S works fine, using the Video Port and USB on my Asus Z170, I have a USB-C port on my Nvidia EVGA 2080-ti video card, and wa shoping I could just use an adapter... but apparently, it is a no go, and they manufacturers, fans and everyone made a huge deal out of the bility... yes I know they only included the Virtual Link port for ashort time, and then dumped it... like Beta and VHS. I ave not looked into the other VR headsets to see what I might plug in the future for VR. I am satisfied my searched has saved me from pursuing hardware and software that would have not worked... Or had issues. I do wish people would asnwer with more full answers, often, we are left hanging looking for a complete answer. For now my old computer is working pretty good. Widows 11 is working good too, I fly DCS and IL-2.

Asus Z170
i7-7700K
EVGA 2080-ti
Oculus Rift S

Anonymous
Not applicable

@steven.scott.3110 wrote:

I know the thread is old... but although my Oculus Rift S works fine, using the Video Port and USB on my Asus Z170, I have a USB-C port on my Nvidia EVGA 2080-ti video card, and wa shoping I could just use an adapter... but apparently, it is a no go, and they manufacturers, fans and everyone made a huge deal out of the bility... yes I know they only included the Virtual Link port for ashort time, and then dumped it... like Beta and VHS. I ave not looked into the other VR headsets to see what I might plug in the future for VR. I am satisfied my searched has saved me from pursuing hardware and software that would have not worked... Or had issues. I do wish people would asnwer with more full answers, often, we are left hanging looking for a complete answer. For now my old computer is working pretty good. Widows 11 is working good too, I fly DCS and IL-2.

Don't remember what adapter I used, but I used that port on my EVGA 2080 Ti without any issue with my Rift S back when I was running it. Been a while. Be sure you have installed the NV Link driver from Nvidia drivers for it.