Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.37 PTC Release Notes

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Home:

• Tutorial refresh: We've polished up the new user tutorial in Home to be more lightweight and dynamic, as well as offer rewards for completion. If you are not a new user and want to check it out, find it in your settings menu.
  • UI revamp: We've updated the user interface for a consistent look and feel, and to make navigation and browsing more intuitive.
  • Expressive Avatars Update: Avatars have been updated to simulate eye and mouth movement, making a simple conversation feel more dynamic. And with new outfits and customization options like eye color and lipstick, spending time with others in VR will feel more personal and authentic.

Dash:

• Screenshot capture in VR: Capture screenshots from inside your headset by pressing the 'screenshot' button located on the menu on the right side of your Dash belt. There is a 5 second timer to set the pose and position of the screenshot. Images will be saved out to your C:\Users\*User*\Pictures\ directory. Happy screenshotting!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
97 REPLIES 97

Lujho
Expert Protege

RuneSR2 said:

You can become a beta tester by activating the Public Test Channel (PTC) in the Rift desktop app, then you should get the 1.37 PTC. 

Thanks. I guess I never did that because I was happy to wait for the official release. But I may as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

TomCgcmfc said:

Looks to be the case but it is up to developers to implement this, otherwise it will revert back to ASW 1.0.

Yep, I'm surprised there hasn't been more of a shout about this tbh.

Is ASW 2 active with existing apps that provide depth information or is there an additional step or re-compiling that has to be done by the devs?

No re-compiling necessary I don't think, it should just work. As far as I know the Unreal Engine doesn't do this automatically so you'll need to turn it on and re-compile then re-Submit it to the Oculus Store or do this with an update.

I'm waiting on a couple of plugins to get sorted out for 4.22 and I'll start working on my game again soon.

Shii
Protege
I set ASW to "Force 45fps, ASW enabled" in Oculus Debug Tool and recorded video of how it works for me: https://youtu.be/zPfenw-sokg

LuluViBritannia, is it working better than this example for you? Can you record video if better?

Intel Core i7-7700K, Asus ROG Strix Z270E Gaming, 32Gb RAM, MSI RTX 2080 8Gb Gaming X Trio

Neokin
Adventurer

Lujho said:

Thanks. I guess I never did that because I was happy to wait for the official release. But I may as well.

Usually, the official update comes 1 or 2 weeks after being in the PTC. I also prefer to wait a little 🙂

Shii
Protege
I set ASW to "Force 45fps, ASW enabled" in Oculus Debug Tool and recorded video of how it works for me: https://youtu.be/zPfenw-sokg

LuluViBritannia, is it working better than this example for you? Can you record video if better?

Intel Core i7-7700K, Asus ROG Strix Z270E Gaming, 32Gb RAM, MSI RTX 2080 8Gb Gaming X Trio

xeno3d
Adventurer
Is ASW 2.0 enabled in this PTC release?

vr360bln
Explorer
I get terrible stutters, whole system freezing, when starting oculus with latest beta update & drivers....had to switch off beta, now seems working again....must be an software issue with that latest beta. Everything else on my system (i9, 64GB Ram, 1080ti) works fine. When Oculus is running, I cant even move the mouse without stuttering....! Any Fixes? or just keep of the beta for now ?!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
According to RoadToVR:

"Update: We’ve confirmed that ASW 2.0 is live for all users running the latest Oculus software update (not the Public Test Channel)."
https://www.roadtovr.com/oculus-launches-asw-2-0-asynchronous-spacewarp/

So Oculus sent out a signal and now it's switched on even using 1.36??? Because the latest software update is 1.36 - or maybe a small package arrived yesterday? (It's been a few days since I used my Rift, had to watch some Love, a bit of Death and a lot of Robots ::blush:  )

I have high hopes for ASW 2.0 - if we're lucky then:

3yl9nlpp4hk6.jpg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Shii:
Ouch, it looks weird.
I've tried to record as well, but Home + Mirror + OBS Studio is too much for my rig xD! It stutters too much.
Anyway, I don't see this problem.
Did you see that in the headset as well (I mean, without recording), or was this just during recording?

My guess is it does that when the FPS gets below 40.
You should do your recording again with the Visual HUD set to "Performance" in the Debug Tool, it will show you the FPS. If it stays around 45, ASW is on and works very well. If it gets below 40, ASW is still on but obviously doesn't work as well, which is probably why you see this stuff.

Shii
Protege
It was same in the headset without recording. Fps was stable 45, checked with debug tool. I have i7-7700K and RTX 2080 so performance not a problem. Fps was artifically limited by forced asw in oculus debug tool.