cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Setup on another drive

ULMTDorsalfin
Sightseer
I recently got another hard drive cause my drives have started to fill up, and my oculus couldn't start because of an needed update i didn't have room for, so I tried moving it to my new drive but it then got rid of oculus so I'm trying to reinstall it again but it sends me to https://support.oculus.com/1142129705828091/ and says I need to go into oculus_setup but that doesn't exist anymore so how do I install it on my new drive without having to go on my (C:) Drive? Thank you 
2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi @ULMTDorsalfin,

Sorry to hear you're having troubles installing the Oculus app on your other drive. So we can help look into this for you, please grab your Oculus Setup log file using these steps: https://support.oculus.com/172672339980954/ then create a ticket with them attached.

Thanks! -Aidan
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Richooal
Consultant
You could also just leave your Oculus set up on the original drive and move the apps to the new drive. This function is already built in to the desktop app.

If you  go to "Settings" - "General" - "Library Locations" - Edit

You can add extra locations for your apps while leaving the Oculus app on your C drive.
Also, in your library, you can individually move games/apps to whichever locations you have set up.

u9qmb0eq0wmp.jpg

wlty1bw03ef9.jpg
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?