cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound on Oculus Home, Touch Basics and First Contact?

uKER
Adventurer
Basically what the title says.
Since about two weeks ago (guesstimated) I have no sound on Oculus Home, Touch Basics and First Contact.

Strangely, while the Oculus Home environment is dead silent, I do have sound when I bring up the in-game Oculus menu (the one with the screen floating in front of you and the button bar at the bottom).
Also, all other apps work perfectly.
Oddly enough, First Contact is malfunctioning in both its built-in and downloadable versions.

I haven't read about anyone else having this.
Any ideas?
78 REPLIES 78

shanedlm
Honored Guest
Ok this is getting old.  A month+ later and no progress?   Neither MS or Oculus seems to care enough to look into this, with both claiming its the other's responsibility.  How do we get this fixed?

uKER
Adventurer
Guess we'll have to wait til it hits the fan when the current fast ring builds start making their way to the general public and then Oculus will have to stop blowing the issue off and fix it.

shanedlm
Honored Guest

uKER said:

Guess we'll have to wait til it hits the fan when the current fast ring builds start making their way to the general public and then Oculus will have to stop blowing the issue off and fix it.

That seems so counterintutive to me. Isn't the whole point of insider previews for MS and developers to iron out the kinks BEFORE the final version hits the general public?  I just don't get Oculus' policy of disregarding Insider bugs at all.  You'd think it'd make more sense to identify and solve these issues now before they become much larger issues for everyone, no?

uKER
Adventurer
I didn't say I agreed with the way it's gonna go, but it probably is how it's gonna go.

bni1977
Honored Guest
I have this problem too, no sound in home, touch tutorial or with the robot in the camper. All other games have sound though.

shanedlm
Honored Guest
Alright, we're literally on the release preview of the May 2019 update now for Windows 10.  So when does this actually become an issue Oculus will look into? 

jbaert
Explorer
So glad I found this thread.
Since updating to Windows 19H1 (which is officially released, btw), I'm suffering from:
  • No sound: Oculus Touch Tutorial, Robot In The Camper Tutorial, Oculus Home
  • Sound: Dreamdeck, UI (dash), Store trailer, Bigscreen, Thumper, SuperHOT VR, Beat Saber, Sins Of A Solar Empire, Robo Recall (basicly, everything in my Library))
Things I did to try and mitigate: Ran OculusDriver setup, rebooted, plug/replug everything, run through setup again.
I'm on the public test channel. I'm not going to do a full reinstall of either Oculus software or Windows, since I'm pretty sure it's update-related. Home was working fine 2 days ago, before the update.

Anywhere I could look for relevant logs?

steveco99
Explorer
The May 2019 Windows 10 version they just released definitely broke the sound in Oculus Home and a few transactions.  Like the earlier posters, this first occurred after joining the inside program and getting the 1903 release. 

After several unsuccessful attempts at back-pedaling out of the Insider program, I finally did a complete fresh install of Windows and download/reinstall of Oculus Rift.  The PC and my account are no longer in the Insider program, but the missing sound problem still exists with the latest general release of the May 2019 Windows 10 update, version 1903.

They can't hide behind it being a beta version of Windows anymore - I expect a lot more people are going to run up against this now the OS is in general release.    

PRESIDENT_GOKU
Honored Guest
Got a Rift S this afternoon and I'm experiencing the same issue. The little intro thing/tutorial, First Contact, and Home are all dead silent. Games work fine (I tried Robo Recall and Medium) and Steam VR is also fine. Running Windows 10 1903. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oculus should PIN thteads like this especially for the new RIFT S sales!
@OculusSupport