cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know if my right and left controller is broken, but recently I switched my batteries out and they stopped working. I don't know if the controllers only want one specific type of battery. I was using Rayovac and I'm trying to switch to Duracell I just want to know if there is a fix, buy the same battery, or get a new pair of controllers.  
14 REPLIES 14

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Any good quality alkaline AA battery should work fine, no matter what the brand.  Maybe try a fresh/new set of batteries and make sure you are putting them in correctly (flat side on spring).  After changing out batteries you need to press your A/X controller buttons to reactivate them.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable
I put fresh ones in and try to turn them on now it just doesn't do anything 

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
Does the Oculs App show how much battery is left on the controller, empty / fully charged and or, off / standby ?
Be good, die great !

Digikid1
Consultant
Hate to ask this but it has happened with a few of my customers.....but here it is.  You did put the batteries in the correct way right?

I know I know.....you’re not an idiot however a LOT of people are sadly. 

The brand of battery does not matter. Power is power and any device will accept power as long as it is not too much or too little. Rayovac AA batteries are the correct voltage. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
lol I made sure it was the right way and it just says off

Digikid1 said:

Hate to ask this but it has happened with a few of my customers.....but here it is.  You did put the batteries in the correct way right?

I know I know.....you’re not an idiot however a LOT of people are sadly. 

The brand of battery does not matter. Power is power and any device will accept power as long as it is not too much or too little. Rayovac AA batteries are the correct voltage. 

I like to see a big battery orientation pic in the compartments but these days manufacturers tend to go for tiny markings in the plastic. The CE & FC compliance marks seem to be the priority!

Doesn't sound like this is the problem here though. Strange that both controllers stopped working, could that be a headset problem? @Razerstar I don't suppose you know anyone with a Rift you can borrow the controllers to test? or you can test your controllers with their headset?

Anonymous
Not applicable
No, I don't know any one who gas a rift, but what do you mean by it could be a headset problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
the left one works it just doesn't use the other batteries besides its current one

Ok I thought you meant both controllers as you said 'they' stopped working. If both weren't working, it could have indicated a problem with the headset's ability to communicate with them.

I've never heard of a problem with only one type of battery working. I've used alkaline and different rechargables with no problems even though they have slightly different voltages (rechargables being 1.2V to compensate for a reduced internal impedance).