Rift 1.37 PTC Release Notes - Page 2 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift 1.37 PTC Release Notes

Comments

• IlMissile95IlMissile95 Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Sometimes this happens, can you do something without restarting the pc?
  • tennshadowtennshadow Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited April 5
    vr360bln said:
    I get terrible stutters, whole system freezing, when starting oculus with latest beta update & drivers....had to switch off beta, now seems working again....must be an software issue with that latest beta. Everything else on my system (i9, 64GB Ram, 1080ti) works fine. When Oculus is running, I cant even move the mouse without stuttering....! Any Fixes? or just keep of the beta for now ?!
    Same exact issue I had.  I had to revert back to non PTC version.
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,067
    Wintermute
    Sometimes this happens, can you do something without restarting the pc?

Using task manager, check if OVRService is running. If it's not, start it. That fixes it for me.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 2,611 Valuable Player
    edited April 6
    "Update: We’ve confirmed that ASW 2.0 is live for all users running the latest Oculus software update (not the Public Test Channel)."
    https://www.roadtovr.com/oculus-launches-asw-2-0-asynchronous-spacewarp/

Are anyone completely sure ASW 2.0 is active using 1.37 PTC? At least according to RoadTo VR ASW 2.0 might not be active in the PTC version... Using 1.36 I tested Red Matter and Obduction yesterday, felt much the same, but I've always had great performance (close to 90 fps using ss 2.0) in Red Matter. 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • ShiiShii Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    I did not notice any changes in 1.36 either. ASW still looks like 1.0
    Intel Core i7-7700K, Asus ROG Strix Z270E Gaming, 32Gb RAM, MSI RTX 2080 8Gb Gaming X Trio
  • DoogukDooguk Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    Just tried these drivers in Elite Dangerous and I think ASW 2.0 is working. Don't see the double image on the target reticle I normally do with ASW 1.0. Game seems to run smooth at 45fps  Could someone else confirm this?
  • 3DeMan3DeMan Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    1.15pm 6th April here in the UK - no update. 
    Any idea when this is landing in the UK?
    Brain Burst
    3DeMan said:
    1.15pm 6th April here in the UK - no update. 
    Any idea when this is landing in the UK?
    I am in the UK. Got the update notification when putting the headset on this morning.

Dooguk said:
    Just tried these drivers in Elite Dangerous and I think ASW 2.0 is working. Don't see the double image on the target reticle I normally do with ASW 1.0. Game seems to run smooth at 45fps  Could someone else confirm this?

Elite uses its own Cobra engine as far as I know - so it's not UE4 and probably does not support ASW 2.0 before receiving a patch...

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

Brain Burst
    RuneSR2 said:
    Dooguk said:

Elite uses its own Cobra engine as far as I know - so it's not UE4 and probably does not support ASW 2.0 before receiving a patch...

Have you tried it? I have. 

Brain Burst
    Easy way to check if app supporting sending depth buffer to Oculus Runtime, is to open Oculus Dash and desktop and check if you can see any semi-transparent objects from game in front of desktop. It you can see these objects, then ASW 2.0 will work.
    Intel Core i7-7700K, Asus ROG Strix Z270E Gaming, 32Gb RAM, MSI RTX 2080 8Gb Gaming X Trio
    Brain Burst
    edited April 6
    Had another go, now I'm not so sure :D. Game does feel a bit smoother, but could just be the drivers are better.
    As for Frontier updating it, would it be a server side update, or a client side one?
    Edit: Well another poster on the Frontier forums thinks it's working. I am not alone. :)
  • ElusiveMarlinElusiveMarlin Posts: 229
    Nexus 6
    edited April 8
    Got the update myself last night (UK), and had real bad stutter for the first 15 minutes, but then it became silky smooth. 

I also did not get the screenshot option on the right hand side of dash!  Not tried the avatars yet, but that does sound a great addition.
    RIFT CV1
    RIFT S

Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |
    240GB SATA III SSD | 3TB HDD | 867Mbps Built-in Wi-Fi

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."
  • ShowbizDonkeyShowbizDonkey Posts: 74 Oculus Staff
    Hey everyone - seems like there's some confusion around the screenshot feature. I double checked with the team and that feature should be available to all users on the 1.37 PTC. To be clear, the screenshot button lives in a little pop out menu that expands when you hover your Touch pointer over the three dots directly above the current time on the right-hand side of Dash. Can you all please take a quick look to see if this button is indeed available for you in the location described? I want to ensure that this potential issue does not need to be escalated further. Thank you!
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    Can you just program stuff which is not a silly puzzle like you are having a laugh?
    1. The ReCentre View is hard to target but why hide it on a menu bar in DASH? It just needs a Voice Command & a Touch Bind (usually 2 Thumb Buttons is usual!)
    2. Using 2 Touch Controllers to move exactly the same way and is at retard speed but confusingly has no strafe yet using 2 Joysticks gets it almost at a normal speed turn rate!
    3. To install Oculus why is it the ONLY ever APP to need Antivirus OFF and yet you could simply allow a message to warn us to set this to allow us to install?
    4. Why block old and new tech which can work VR very well?
    5. Why does your own Oculus made games get trouble with Updates OR reinstalls of Oculus with previous installed games?
    6. Why you do not listen to Users? Are you wanting us to drift to the competition or what???
  • Taranis99Taranis99 Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Terrible stuttering and freezing issues with this update
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,067
    Wintermute
    I think they need to concentrate on all the problems, fix them and separate the Home stuff. That way they can play around with it to their heart's content without affecting the guts of the software.

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
    Brain Burst
  • CoteDazurCoteDazur Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    For something that is supposed to be that good, the way ASW 2.0 is introduced is the worst ever introduction in the history, a low point even for the Oculus team, which has demonstrated their inability at communicating intelligently many times before.
    • What version do you need to have it working?
    • How do you know you have it working?
    Simple questions, this should be interesting!
    CoteDazur said:
    For something that is supposed to be that good, the way ASW 2.0 is introduced is the worst ever introduction in the history, a low point even for the Oculus team, which has demonstrated their inability at communicating intelligently many times before.

You can see it if you know what to look for - but the difference to ASW 1.0 may not be as pronounced as many hoped for - I'm happy for the results, though (maybe it feels like 10-20% better performance than ASW 1.0, but not like getting pure 90 fps):

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/74724/the-silence-of-the-frames-how-asw-2-0-has-been-working-since-update-1-36#latest

• CoteDazurCoteDazur Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    RuneSR2 said:
    CoteDazur said:

You can see it if you know what to look for - but the difference to ASW 1.0 may not be as pronounced as many hoped for - I'm happy for the results, though (maybe it feels like 10-20% better performance than ASW 1.0, but not like getting pure 90 fps):

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/74724/the-silence-of-the-frames-how-asw-2-0-has-been-working-since-update-1-36#latest
    Thank you, I read your post, interesting read, but not really conclusive, all I have are 2 simple questions.

Brain Burst
    @ShowbizDonkey Can confirm, screenshot button finally appeared after logging out then logging in! Thank you!
    Wintermute
    CoteDazur said:
    @ShowbizDonkey could you also answer these please for us. We are left looking for something that may not appear on the Game we test. Surely the Game DEV would add an update and also tell us in some kind of Eureka Announcement. Can we at least be told. Thanks.
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,086
    Wintermute
    edited April 11
    Probably up to developers to inform  us all about ASW 2.0 compatibility but it would be useful for Oculus to keep us all informed on this as well.

Back to 1.37PTC;

I just updated to 1.37ptc today and so far it is working very well.  When I look at task manage it seems that CPU is up ~2% (to ~25% for me) and GPU is ~1-2% lower (~19% for me).  Memory usage on Dash seems to be down quite a bit.  For me, ~400mb from ~800mb.  I cannot say if either of these makes any difference.  Overall my performance in most VR apps seems to be ~ the same.

The main positive I've seen with 1.37ptc is that my X-Plane 11 in VR finally shutdown's properly.

Edit; another minor thing I found with 1.37ptc is that if you use the left controller menu to view/change preference settings you will afterwards always get a reminder pane to remind you to use the left controller menu button when you disable Dash.  Not really a big deal but I would prefer this did not happen.  Maybe a good thing for newbies though.
    Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!
    Wintermute
    SORT OUT YOUR DOWNLOAD MANAGEMENT NOW!!!
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,921 Valuable Player
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    SORT OUT YOUR DOWNLOAD MANAGEMENT NOW!!!
    Whoa. You do NOT get to make demands like that. Be respectful and tag oculus support or email them. There is no need for yelling and making demands to them like this. 

@LZoltowski
    Wintermute
    edited April 11
    Forgive me father for I have sinned.
    "Not again...What did you do son?"
    I got angry at Oculus for not providing us with a good Download Management that just works as it should.
    "That sounds reasonable son, you are forgiven, not to worry now"
    But I used ALL CAPS and BOLD, BUT TO MAKE MATTERS EVEN WORSE I ADDED NOT 1, 2, BUT 3 EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!"
    "OK that's it. You're cast away into your room and shame on you! At least they now know about it for sure huh"

• Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,921 Valuable Player
    You better believe it!!!

:D 
    Wintermute
    edited April 11
    So now when I Sign Out/In Windows I get another 7 Games needing "Updated" so that's 9 now.
    Even after I run the Updates only 5 of these clear each time. Oculus Download Management is broken and poorly implemented. Now got 5 that are stuck yet again just as before I did a complete OS install. 

I'd say this a Priority Fix ASAP to stop all DEV on anything else. Paying customers need their products!
    LUCK'S TALE (can't even download/install as I deleted the older files)
    RIPCOIL
    ROBO RECALL
    THE CLIMB
    VIRTUAL DESKTOP

I try deleting "_oaf" folder but that has yet another copy of it and "xanalytics" in them again. I must then restart Oculus Setting Up Config but the problem never solves.