cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

‘Super Mario Odyssey’ & ‘Zelda Breath of the Wild’ to Oculus Quest.

Dilip
Rising Star

Since Nintendo
EPD
has updated game codes to support VR for lack luster LABO KIT, which is good
for nothing from comfort perspective its amazing idea for oculus to woo
Nintendo to port game for upcoming Quest. A wonderful title other than AstroBot ( Astro
bot may be more complex from developer point of view since its high polygon and
made for PS4 which itself is powerful one) Since Super Mario Odyssey & Zelda
BoW is made for Switch which may be not more powerful than Quest its very very
interesting opportunity in case Oculus can reach agreement with Nintendo.

35 REPLIES 35

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
I would not hold my breath, Nintendo are not known for allowing their major IP's to appear on anything that is not Nintendo hardware, they did dabble in some mobile rubbish a while ago but apart from that i doubt you will see any major Mario or Zelda games appear on anything that is not signed in blood and owned by Nintendo. 😉
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

Dilip
Rising Star
Why not Nintendo / Sony let go their best software to earn from them, they can always keep all branding intact in software Any way user knows origin of it and appreciate. This will also earn revenue for Developers from multi platform. May be Sony has proper VR platform and can hold AstroBot close to chest for it, LABO KIT is hardly anything above Crude VR and certainly not doing justice with game like Zelda Breath of the Wild in VR.

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
^^You are preaching to the choir my friend, but just don't hold your breath, of the wild, on it happening in say the next 40 years. lol
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Anonymous
Not applicable
As much as I'd love to see it there's about as much chance of this happening as there is the chance of me and @vannagirl shagging. Yup. It's THAT unlikely lol 😮 😄

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Think the odds of that happening are way way WAY better than Nintendo sharing,/working with Oculus !!!!
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well that makes me feel better. B)

vannagirl
Consultant

Techy111 said:

Think the odds of that happening are way way WAY better than Nintendo sharing,/working with Oculus !!!!

Thank you Tony unsure what for yet I have to get back to you  😄
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

Swifty0ne
Expert Protege
Nintendo makes really good games and Nintendo does not want to remind us that other platforms exist. Mario or Link will NEVER come to life on any other platform unless said platform is sold by Nintendo.  Yes Nintendo does have a few Mobile games, one featuring Mario, but I mean really.  Super Mario Run is a good game but its no Mario Galaxy...