Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully) - Page 48 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

Comments

• ApollyonVRApollyonVR Posts: 337
    Trinity
    @rhraziel If both the VR and non-VR version of the game uses the same executable then yes, the profile should be applied even when runing the non-VR version. And yes, if you exit OTT before starting the non-VR version the profile will not be applied. You can check if the profile is applied by looking at the Log tab in OTT. Start the non-VR version and check the Log if it's detected or not.

Cheers!
    Trinity
    @counterfeit187 ; Regarding poor tracking after sleep, i think that might have to do with USB Selective Suspend. I will be changing how i handle that in the next beta release. I'll send you a pm with stuff to test.

Cheers!
  • counterfeit187counterfeit187 Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Sounds great. Also I don't know if this will have any effect on usb selective suspend but I have my power plan set to turn on hi when Oculus home launches and back to balanced when Oculus home closes.
  • fvdheide1963fvdheide1963 Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Sometimes Home doesn't start when I'm starting OTT (latest beta) and I have to manually go into OTT and turn the service off and on to make Home start. It's not always, but mostly first time i start OTT after I turn on my PC. Any ideas why that happens?
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 890
    3Jane
    Sometimes Home doesn't start when I'm starting OTT (latest beta) and I have to manually go into OTT and turn the service off and on to make Home start. It's not always, but mostly first time i start OTT after I turn on my PC. Any ideas why that happens?
    I suggest you uninstall OTT.
    Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!
  • 71st_Mastiff71st_Mastiff Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    either you have Antivirus blocking it or the new update. I have to turn off Avast to get Oculus app to work now. something happen with the last april 2019 update.
    " any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater comeback " Asus z370 MX||i7x8700k||ddr4-32gb PC3200||RTX 2080-8gb||AX1200 Corsair||turtle beach elite pro 7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr 4/ir||ViRpiL,T50cm|MFG CrossWinds||X55 Throttle||G15 Keyboard/Mouse|| Rift VR \ 32" Samsung|| 1x9inc||
  • NetheriNetheri Posts: 212
    Nexus 6
    In beta2 i have the same issues as in beta 1 and in few earlier versions: Default ASW mode reverts back to blanc after every restart of the program as does "Visual HUD" and also the Power options " USB selective suspend". In Game Library, after i create a new profile, game library refreshes and loses sight of every Steam library games. And those come back after i restart OTT, when the issues mentioned earlier are back.
    i5-8600K@5GHz, Gigabyte 2080 Gaming OC, Corsair 32gb 3000MHz@3100MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z370 H Gaming, 2 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 cards.
    Non-mandatory Home 2.0 and/or Dash in memoriam
  • GlobespyGlobespy Posts: 77
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited April 20
    Deleted

NerveGear
    edited April 20
    I don't experience performance impact of OTT like Globespy describes. Mine is reporting very low (in Dutch 'Zeer laag') power usage while OTT is active along with Dash. Something else must be eating you resources. My CPU usage stays at around 0-2%.

Hiro Protagonist
    edited April 20
    I don't experience performance impact of OTT like Globespy describes. Mine is reporting very low (in Dutch 'Zeer laag') power usage while OTT is active along with Dash. Something else must be eating you resources. My CPU usage stays at around 0-2%.

Thanks for your reply.

Hiro Protagonist
    edited April 20
    Deleted
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,099 Valuable Player
    Just checked on my end, opened OTT and did not start Oculus Home - cpu usage was at 0%.
    I will note however I only have two profiles set up currently.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited April 20
    Deleted
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited April 20
    deleted
    Hiro Protagonist
    Can't recall if I ever asked Apollyon about why the OTT is a 32-bit application?

Anyone know why?
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,099 Valuable Player
    Have you tried uninstalling all of OTT then deleting the ApollyonVR folder in your c: <your user name> appdata//Local folder, then do a new install?
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited April 20
    Deleted
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited April 20
    dburne said:
    Have you tried uninstalling all of OTT then deleting the ApollyonVR folder in your c: <your user name> appdata//Local folder, then do a new install?
    Yes, I even use a purchased program I have called 'Revo Uninstaller Pro' which analyzes the entire PC and locates every trace of an installed program, allowing me to delete anything and everything to do with it, right down to the registry.

I've often deleted the ApollyonVR folder, this did no good.

NerveGear
    Globespy said:
    Similarly, watch how after the OTT is launched fresh (like it would be restarting windows) the CPU usage gets lower and lower as profiles are removed.
    When all profiles are removed, it doesn't use any CPU.

Clearly this is the OTT that's causing this - let's not randomly blame anything else without any evidence.

Perhaps that's why I'm not seeing this usage. I have no profiles set and Oculus Home is always started when the Oculus service is started bij OTT
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited April 20
    Globespy said:
    Similarly, watch how after the OTT is launched fresh (like it would be restarting windows) the CPU usage gets lower and lower as profiles are removed.
    When all profiles are removed, it doesn't use any CPU.

Clearly this is the OTT that's causing this - let's not randomly blame anything else without any evidence.

Perhaps that's why I'm not seeing this usage. I have no profiles set and Oculus Home is always started when the Oculus service is started bij OTT
    Perhaps!
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 890
    3Jane
    Globespy,

I kinda think you should be having most of these conversations with ApolyonVR via pm/emails while the current version is still beta.

It seems to me that there are really no issues when actually running VR games.  Both OTT and Home2 do not consume any significant resources when you are running a VR game.  Worrying about the resources either of these use when running non-VR games should not be an issue if you properly manage things to begin with imho.

In order to take control and manage OTT/OVRservices I suggest the following;

- do not auto-start OTT with Windows.  Put OTT on your taskbar, linked to it's shortcut (with admin authority of course).  Only start up OTT when you need it, prior to starting up your Oculus App.

- do not use OTT to turn on/off OVRservices.  Manually start up your Oculus App when you need it and close it down afterwards, followed by closing down OTT.

If you do both of these things I do not think that you will have any 'unwanted resource issues'.  
    Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited April 20
    TomCgcmfc said:
    Globespy,

I kinda think you should be having most of these conversations with ApolyonVR via pm/emails while the current version is still beta.

It seems to me that there are really no issues when actually running VR games.  Both OTT and Home2 do not consume any significant resources when you are running a VR game.  Worrying about the resources either of these use when running non-VR games should not be an issue if you properly manage things to begin with imho.

In order to take control and manage OTT/OVRservices I suggest the following;

- do not auto-start OTT with Windows.  Put OTT on your taskbar, linked to it's shortcut (with admin authority of course).  Only start up OTT when you need it, prior to starting up your Oculus App.

- do not use OTT to turn on/off OVRservices.  Manually start up your Oculus App when you need it and close it down afterwards, followed by closing down OTT.

If you do both of these things I do not think that you will have any 'unwanted resource issues'.  
    Fair point Tom.
    Still, if it's happening in previous release builds then it's a concern.

In all fairness to Apollyon, I removed my posts and will work with him directly to try to figure this out.

It's a fantastic tool, and maybe not everyone is seeing these issues.

• gafilgafil Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Thanks Mate, great work.
  • RosgilliesRosgillies Posts: 81
    Hiro Protagonist
    Question to the Guru`s. Will OTT work straight off with Rift S? I hope so as I`ve just ordered one.
    Trinity
    @Rosgillies Should work, but no way to really tell until it starts shipping and the Oculus software is updated. As it still uses the same kinda "eco system" as the current rift, and provided Oculus still keeps shipping along the debugtool which OTT uses, things should be fine.
  • RosgilliesRosgillies Posts: 81
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thanks for the info Apollonvr, much appreciated.
  • Link2432Link2432 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    So with oculus homeless, i've tried putting in my own music but it doesn't seem to work? The default song included works just fine, mine just won't for some reason. Any ideas as to what might be causing this for me?
    Trinity
    @Link2432 Does the file contain any non-english characters or spaces? Spaces are removed automatically when you use the "Add More" button to add an .mp3, but i just realized i never tesed using a .mp3 with foreign characters in the name.

The .mp3 file itself is copied to the "%ProgramData%\OculusTrayTool\Music" (usually C:\ProgramData\OculusTrayTool\Music) in order to make sure that the path itself does not contain spaces. So check that the .mp3 has been copied to this path, and that the whole path, including the filename, does not contain any spaces. After the file is copied here by OTT, it creates a textfile in "<Oculus_Install_Dir>\Support\oculus-worlds\Home2\Binaries\Win64\background_music.txt". This file contains the path to the .mp3 that Homeless should use.

Cheers!
    NerveGear
    Oh okay thanks, I'll try renaming it and let you know.
    NerveGear
    Yeah that seemed to fix it, thanks!