cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official Films Thread

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well bollocks, we've got a telly thread so I thought I'd create one for films too.

I'm currently working my way through Movies With A Twist Collection 3 which I downloaded years ago from TPB. All of those torrents are now dead which is a shame because I didn't get around to downloading Collection 4. I'm downloading all of those separately which is a hassle but will be worth it in the end going by 1-3 so far.

Am in the middle of watching Law Abiding Citizen, I think I've seen it before but i was so long ago I've forgotten what happens.

The problem with watching these films knowing that there's a twist makes it easy to work out what the twist in question is so probably better if you watch them without that knowledge lol

Here's a list of some of my all-time favourite films of all-time in no particular order:

Brazil
The Life Of Brian
The Holy Grail
The Meaning Of Life
Star Wars
The Empire Strikes Back
Lifeforce (a terrible film but the female lead vampire spends most of it naked lol)
All Lethal Weapons
All Die Hards
Every Dirty Harry Film
The Jungle Book (the Disney original)
Pi
Falling Down (just for the McDonalds scene lmfao)
Silent Running
Logan's Run
All 60s-70s Planet Of The Apes
Soylent Green

Am going to stop there otherwise this post is going to be HUGE lol

583 REPLIES 583

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Watched Ironclad again last night. Still not sure James Purefoy was the best choice for the Templar, though I do think he's a good actor. Maybe it's just the way he plays it that seemed a bit off - enjoyed it second time around as well, though.

I'd be pleased to see more of these modern (i.e. post 2k) medieval films, without all the silly slick matrix-style blade-play that makes films look anything but authentic. That's what put us off Arn, and Kingdom of Heaven.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Just seen Shazam (3D version). Fun film not too serious. A bit slow to begin but entertaining all the same. Good family film.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Just seen Shazam (3D version). Fun film not too serious. A bit slow to begin but entertaining all the same. Good family film.

It's on my list when the disc is released - trailer looks great for the kids:

https://youtu.be/go6GEIrcvFY

Also just preordered Bumblebee, but I won't get it before May 20, sigh.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RedRizla said:

I just watched "The House That Jack Built". Quite a disturbing movie tbh. I'd rate it 7/10 for doing something different. Made "Silence of The Lambs" look like a comedy to me.

I fear I'm first starting to understand your message now  :# Saw 48 min of this disturbing movie yesterday and I'm not sure it's good for me  😄

I feel that Trier is trying to show the audience how truly horrible it is when a serial killer murders another human being. Things you don't see in all the (Netflix) TV shows that more or less seem to fuel some kind of awkward fascination for serial killers. In "The House Jack Built" the violence is really in-your-face. The movie has a lot of humor - but I think it's just there to make people watch a movie that few otherwise would be able to watch. 

The House Jack Built feels much like this kind of movie:

https://youtu.be/YFGPKShiOX4

- but I still need to watch another hour  :#

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

Epona0000
Protege
I'm saddened that we're almost at the point where, when children ask what a Bumblebee is.. their first response will be "He's a Transformer!", instead of "It's an insect that pollinates flowers".

Anonymous
Not applicable
Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer was a fantastic film!

I love watching anything to with serial killers  B)

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

snowdog said:

Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer was a fantastic film!

I love watching anything to with serial killers  B)

Finished watching The House That Jack Built yesterday, it was even more horrible than Henry - it's really hard to recommend the movie even if you normally like to watch movies about serial killers. The movie is about art - sort of - but you can find many other films about art that don't leave you with images you may wish never to have seen. 

There're probably few movies more disturbing than The House Jack That Built, but even though I'm able to watch this movie (the hard to find uncensored version) which has been banned in many countries, I still haven't gotten around to see it, because I don't think I need that experience B)

Billedresultat for human centipede 2 uncensored illegal

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@RuneSR2 - I did warn you it was a quite disturbing and made "The Silence of the Lambs" look like a comedy in comparison 😛

The movie had me wincing and I couldn't tell you the last move I watched that did this. I think a film called "Wolf Creek" and also one called "Hostel" had me wincing in parts to for different reasons. 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RedRizla said:

@RuneSR2 - I did warn you it was a quite disturbing and made "The Silence of the Lambs" look like a comedy in comparison 😛

The movie had me wincing and I couldn't tell you the last move I watched that did this. I think a film called "Wolf Creek" and also one called "Hostel" had me wincing in parts to for different reasons. 

Wolf Creek was awesome - did see Hostel too. But none of them worked like The House That Jack Built - I wonder how many left the cinema thinking "there's no way I'm gonna watch that"  😄

On some level The House That Jack Built is a masterpiece, it's definitely not an ordinary horror movie. 

And just saw this  😄

10gv7usuiyjx.jpg

The Conjuring wasn't bad too - but one film that somehow did get to me was Mirrors - maybe because we do have a lot of mirrors, and while the movie wasn't that scary to watch, it did get to me while brushing my teeth - late at night - alone in the dark - in front of a mirror  :#

https://youtu.be/Tdq7TJsR-ME

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've always loved Nicholas Cage, one of my favourite actors. But he's been in some REALLY shite films these last few years because he's dead skint.