cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I bought the climb last night and it wont install.

AAction
Honored Guest
Last night I saw the climb and thought it was gonna be a fun game so I decided to buy it for me and my step brother, upon purchase I keep getting the same Sorry We Couldn't install The Climb. Message and I'm not sure what to do I have tried to re download and repair Oculus countless times I have changed my library to a new folder C:>RiftLibrary and nothing seems to be working, usually I can download games but I had the same problem with RoboRecall I eventually after weeks gave up on trying to download RoboRecall but I spent 40$ on The Climb so I need to get it to work properly.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Have you disabled any anti virus software? Do you have enough disc space ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Techy111
MVP
MVP
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

AAction
Honored Guest

Techy111 said:

Yes I have disabled avg antivirus and I have plenty of disc space and it still won't download.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Raise a support ticket asap and oculus will help you 😉

AAction
Honored Guest

Techy111 said:

Raise a support ticket asap and oculus will help you 😉

I have and they've honestly been no help I have tried everything they said for a couple weeks with RoboRecall and it never was able to work.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same problem but with: -
LUCK'S TALE 
RIPCOIL
ROBO RECALL
THE CLIMB
These were preinstalled on 2nd Drive and I did a complete OS reinstall on 1st Drive although the PC got the numbers 0 and 1 opposite way. I found a similar thread about having to rename install path juncture if that's the solution. At first it had 12 Games needing updates but those were to check they had their prerequisite files installed for them. It wasn't like this when I bought my PC only a few months ago. I tried a Repair Install without AV as I had forgot about that part! Shouldn't be complex to do so!

It won't allow deleting the Folders on the Drive either. Tried in Safe Mode also and tried deleting the "_oaf" folder.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I solved the Drive not allowing deleting any VR based Folder. I did a Scan&Repair. However, it made no difference to Updates. Also VIRTUAL DESKTOP can not finish Updating and says "Antivirus is blocking it" but I disable AV and Firewall to no avail.

Another issue I've ran into more so is my HDMI>DisplayPort Adapter is intermittent in allowing the PC to Startup. It did this 1st time on this new PC via the Rift so I switched it to the Monitor and that worked. But I since ran into problems getting it to Awake from Sleep. I tried switching them around again and it works either way but is intermittent to Startup. Seems that Adapter is on it's way out and the constant crashing led to errors on my Games Drive which it found and fixed. But still, I'm now left with 5 Games/Apps I can not use!

New Adapter? Then new Drive?

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK I'm seeing random behaviour of Games Pending Installs but always falls back to just those 4.
Others requested Firewall Permissions to Allow to run (or needed them and ran already). I tried starting THECLIMB manually with Home already running and it works and brought up a Firewall Exception to add.
 These few games are not getting the Permissions they should do if already previously installed onto a Drive and then the Oculus is installed later. Bad DEV programming! So happens these are mostly OCULUS OWN GAMES!!!

Warning: Having tried Deleting LUCK'S TALE from my Drive it now will not even download it! Beware :#

Anonymous
Not applicable
Add to list: -
VIRTUAL DESKTOP

I think these are due to me installing Oculus with AV still ON as they don't bother reminding us and allow a total failure and days of lost time! Trying again later with a 3rd install on a new PC! Oculus Team should get their arse into this forum and not just run around Staff that don't know the stuff they represent 😉

Hey, this is OCULUS and we do not belong to REDDIT threads ok! The less forums to scroll over the better.