New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Why cant i buy the rift anymore

madarao627madarao627 Posts: 18
NerveGear
Hey guys whats going on? The ribbon cable in my current oculus shorted out and im out of warranty and i cant buy another one. Whats going on?

Comments

• RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,240
    Wintermute
    You never could buy a ribbon cable.
    Even though you're out of warranty, if you contact Oculus Support, they may still help you. They sometimes offer refurbished HMD's for sale.
    Or just wait for the Rift S and you'll never have the ribbon cable problem again.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
  • madarao627madarao627 Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    Richooal said:
    You never could buy a ribbon cable.
    Even though you're out of warranty, if you contact Oculus Support, they may still help you. They sometimes offer refurbished HMD's for sale.
    Or just wait for the Rift S and you'll never have the ribbon cable problem again.
    you mis understood, i meant that i cant buy another oculus rift
  • kojackkojack Posts: 5,679 Volunteer Moderator
    The rift is discontinued, the Rift-S will be replacing it at some unspecified time.
    (Unfortunately, there's a gap of unknown length between stopping selling the Rift and starting selling the Rift-S.

NerveGear
    kojack said:
    The rift is discontinued, the Rift-S will be replacing it at some unspecified time.
    (Unfortunately, there's a gap of unknown length between stopping selling the Rift and starting selling the Rift-S.

so basically, im sol with this thing until then
  • kojackkojack Posts: 5,679 Volunteer Moderator
    kojack said:

Unless you can get a refurbished one from Oculus, or one from Ebay. Official new rift sales have stopped almost everywhere.
    Although some regions still have some stock left at oculus.com. Australia has some.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,841 Valuable Player
    Rift CV1 has gone the way of the Tookie bird.
    RIP Rift CV1.

Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 1,269
    Wintermute
    Rift S is an updated version of Rift CV1 so just buy Rift S mate.
    UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,879 Valuable Player
    kojack said:

Try with support even though you are out of warranty, they might offer a refurb unit for a lower price, that's what they were doing in the past.

NerveGear
    screw it, i figured out a janky solution until they release the new one.