cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why cant i buy the rift anymore

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey guys whats going on? The ribbon cable in my current oculus shorted out and im out of warranty and i cant buy another one. Whats going on?
9 REPLIES 9

Richooal
Consultant
You never could buy a ribbon cable.
Even though you're out of warranty, if you contact Oculus Support, they may still help you. They sometimes offer refurbished HMD's for sale.
Or just wait for the Rift S and you'll never have the ribbon cable problem again.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Richooal said:

You never could buy a ribbon cable.
Even though you're out of warranty, if you contact Oculus Support, they may still help you. They sometimes offer refurbished HMD's for sale.
Or just wait for the Rift S and you'll never have the ribbon cable problem again.

you mis understood, i meant that i cant buy another oculus rift

kojack
MVP
MVP
The rift is discontinued, the Rift-S will be replacing it at some unspecified time.
(Unfortunately, there's a gap of unknown length between stopping selling the Rift and starting selling the Rift-S.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable

kojack said:

The rift is discontinued, the Rift-S will be replacing it at some unspecified time.
(Unfortunately, there's a gap of unknown length between stopping selling the Rift and starting selling the Rift-S.

so basically, im sol with this thing until then

kojack
MVP
MVP

kojack said:

Unless you can get a refurbished one from Oculus, or one from Ebay. Official new rift sales have stopped almost everywhere.
Although some regions still have some stock left at oculus.com. Australia has some.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Rift CV1 has gone the way of the Tookie bird.
RIP Rift CV1.

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Rift S is an updated version of Rift CV1 so just buy Rift S mate.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

falken76
Expert Consultant

kojack said:

Try with support even though you are out of warranty, they might offer a refurb unit for a lower price, that's what they were doing in the past.

Anonymous
Not applicable
screw it, i figured out a janky solution until they release the new one.