Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.37 PTC Release Notes

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Home:

• Tutorial refresh: We've polished up the new user tutorial in Home to be more lightweight and dynamic, as well as offer rewards for completion. If you are not a new user and want to check it out, find it in your settings menu.
  • UI revamp: We've updated the user interface for a consistent look and feel, and to make navigation and browsing more intuitive.
  • Expressive Avatars Update: Avatars have been updated to simulate eye and mouth movement, making a simple conversation feel more dynamic. And with new outfits and customization options like eye color and lipstick, spending time with others in VR will feel more personal and authentic.

Dash:

• Screenshot capture in VR: Capture screenshots from inside your headset by pressing the 'screenshot' button located on the menu on the right side of your Dash belt. There is a 5 second timer to set the pose and position of the screenshot. Images will be saved out to your C:\Users\*User*\Pictures\ directory. Happy screenshotting!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
97 REPLIES 97

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

CoteDazur said:

For something that is supposed to be that good, the way ASW 2.0 is introduced is the worst ever introduction in the history, a low point even for the Oculus team, which has demonstrated their inability at communicating intelligently many times before.
  • What version do you need to have it working?
  • How do you know you have it working?
Simple questions, this should be interesting!

You can see it if you know what to look for - but the difference to ASW 1.0 may not be as pronounced as many hoped for - I'm happy for the results, though (maybe it feels like 10-20% better performance than ASW 1.0, but not like getting pure 90 fps):

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/74724/the-silence-of-the-frames-how-asw-2-0-has-bee...

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

CoteDazur
Protege

RuneSR2 said:

CoteDazur said:

For something that is supposed to be that good, the way ASW 2.0 is introduced is the worst ever introduction in the history, a low point even for the Oculus team, which has demonstrated their inability at communicating intelligently many times before.

You can see it if you know what to look for - but the difference to ASW 1.0 may not be as pronounced as many hoped for - I'm happy for the results, though (maybe it feels like 10-20% better performance than ASW 1.0, but not like getting pure 90 fps):

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/74724/the-silence-of-the-frames-how-asw-2-0-has-bee...

Thank you, I read your post, interesting read, but not really conclusive, all I have are 2 simple questions.

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support

Shii said:

Thanks for checking on that for us. It can take a little bit for things to catch up after an update. Would you mind logging out of the Oculus software, logging back in, and then checking to see if the Screenshot button is present? That usually helps kick things into gear for anyone who is missing PTC update features.

For those users who are reporting stuttering, freezing, or any other issues with the latest PTC software, please be sure to utilize the Help Center > Provide Feedback feature within the Oculus software. This will ensure that our engineers get eyes on the issue and have the full context needed to properly investigate. If you are experiencing a non-PTC or otherwise urgent issue in need of troubleshooting, please contact Oculus customer support. Thanks!

Shii
Protege
@ShowbizDonkey Can confirm, screenshot button finally appeared after logging out then logging in! Thank you!
Intel Core i7-7700K, Asus ROG Strix Z270E Gaming, 32Gb RAM, MSI RTX 2080 8Gb Gaming X Trio

Anonymous
Not applicable

CoteDazur said:

@ShowbizDonkey could you also answer these please for us. We are left looking for something that may not appear on the Game we test. Surely the Game DEV would add an update and also tell us in some kind of Eureka Announcement. Can we at least be told. Thanks.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Probably up to developers to inform  us all about ASW 2.0 compatibility but it would be useful for Oculus to keep us all informed on this as well.

Back to 1.37PTC;

I just updated to 1.37ptc today and so far it is working very well.  When I look at task manage it seems that CPU is up ~2% (to ~25% for me) and GPU is ~1-2% lower (~19% for me).  Memory usage on Dash seems to be down quite a bit.  For me, ~400mb from ~800mb.  I cannot say if either of these makes any difference.  Overall my performance in most VR apps seems to be ~ the same.

The main positive I've seen with 1.37ptc is that my X-Plane 11 in VR finally shutdown's properly.

Edit; another minor thing I found with 1.37ptc is that if you use the left controller menu to view/change preference settings you will afterwards always get a reminder pane to remind you to use the left controller menu button when you disable Dash.  Not really a big deal but I would prefer this did not happen.  Maybe a good thing for newbies though.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable
SORT OUT YOUR DOWNLOAD MANAGEMENT NOW!!!

Digikid1
Consultant

MAC_MAN86 said:

SORT OUT YOUR DOWNLOAD MANAGEMENT NOW!!!

Whoa. You do NOT get to make demands like that. Be respectful and tag oculus support or email them. There is no need for yelling and making demands to them like this. 

@LZoltowski

Anonymous
Not applicable
Forgive me father for I have sinned.
"Not again...What did you do son?"
I got angry at Oculus for not providing us with a good Download Management that just works as it should.
"That sounds reasonable son, you are forgiven, not to worry now"
But I used ALL CAPS and BOLD, BUT TO MAKE MATTERS EVEN WORSE I ADDED NOT 1, 2, BUT 3 EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!"
"OK that's it. You're cast away into your room and shame on you! At least they now know about it for sure huh"

Digikid1
Consultant
You better believe it!!!

😄