cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apex Construct on Oculus Quest: Screenshots + Interview

Juliusson
Protege
Hi all, this is Andreas from Fast Travel Games. We are so excited to finally be able to show you the first official screenshots from the Oculus Quest version of our award-winning single player action/adventure Apex Construct! It will release for Oculus Quest this Spring and include all the content & gameplay updates currently available in the existing versions (while also adding a few new improvements:-). It also supports cross-buy with the Rift version.

For those of you interested, UploadVR made an interview with us yesterday about making the Quest version of Apex Construct:

Let me know if you have any questions about our game and I will answer them all!

wksc96a8w3rl.png6636ma5259rp.pngncqmtsfsvmdn.pngs7oz7r3fgw37.pngg612ry7ko6sg.png
8 REPLIES 8

Ravenger
Expert Protege
Hi Andreas, many thanks for enabling cross-buy, this is one of the reasons I will be buying a Quest to go along with my Rift.

The screenshots look amazing! I'm looking forward to playing this on the Quest and having room to move more than a couple of steps. I'm partly through a playthrough on the Rift, so I will probably wait for the Quest version before playing again. Will there be a way to transfer save progress across from Rift to Quest?

Also I was wondering how well the bow mechanics work on the Quest, given that it requires you to move your hand close to the side of the headset, which is normally a blind spot, or at least a spot where tracking can be difficult.

Juliusson
Protege
Thanks! Right now there is no way to transfer save process between Rift and Go, maybe if Oculus supports Cloud saves cross platform in the future...

As for the bow mechanics, due to the Quest not having cameras on the sides, if you pull the string way behind your head it will lose tracking of your hand. But it still works great imo, we are also adding an option to toogle aim assist on which is a new (and requested) feature.

Ravenger
Expert Protege
Thanks Andreas! Hope the game is a big success for you on Quest. Looking forward to playing it very much.

Juliusson
Protege

CrashFu
Consultant
Noticed that this is currently on sale 50% off on the Rift store,  so future Quest owners might consider buying it now instead of after you get your Quests.

Just now bought it myself, but I'll probably wait to play until I get Rift-S, so I can fully enjoy these beautiful visuals.
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

Juliusson
Protege

Ravenger said:

Thanks Andreas! Hope the game is a big success for you on Quest. Looking forward to playing it very much.

Many thanks!

Juliusson
Protege
Hi all, I can now confirm that Apex Construct will be a Day 1 title for the Quest:-)

Ravenger
Expert Protege

Juliusson said:

Hi all, I can now confirm that Apex Construct will be a Day 1 title for the Quest:-)

And Quest is a day-one purchase for me. B)

I'm going to have so much fun showing the Quest to friends and colleagues.