cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vacation Simulator is available in the Oculus Store - $30

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Not sure this game deserves its own thread - but it does look like fun, maybe especially if you got kids:

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1818689078164305

https://youtu.be/9io7Zkoyxcw

https://youtu.be/RSLN_Zlu3mg

https://youtu.be/BPkj-cXIUAA

Now there's no need to pay for expensive holidays - just put on the HMD! Awesome!  😄

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

30 REPLIES 30

MowTin
Expert Trustee
I bought Job Simulator. It was cool as a first VR game but it's not interesting as a game. I don't see the appeal. 

Rick 'n Morty and Accounting+ are much funnier and cooler that's their appeal. Kids would much rather play Marvel Powers United.

I would rather play something like Just In Time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53VjEo00H-Q
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
My 7 year old son really likes Vacation Simulator, he likes eating all the food and just being there. I also spent some time in the game, but pure teleportation and no turning with the thumb stick is very old school - and annoying (you turn using the HMD and teleport by pressing down the thumb stick). The only cognitively challenging content I've found so far was building ice structures, $30 seems way too high for that, price should have been $15 or 20 - but we're keeping the game, I even supported Oculus  o:)

I rated the game 4/5 in the Store. The colors and the atmosphere are great - I enjoyed just being present in the world, seemed to counteract stress more than several of the VR mindfulness-like experiences... 

Note that I may just be a grumpy old guy - the average rating in the Oculus Store is about 96% right now - must've been made by the devs kids 😉

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

CrashFu
Consultant
I'm a couple hours into my VR Vacation (VRcation?) now, and having a blast.   Taking a break to get some laundry done, before I hop back in.

So far I've only goofed around the Hotel(?) area and tried out (but not fully exhausted) the activities in the main beach area.   Haven't checked out the Diving sub-area, or anything in the Camping / Mountain zones, and that's making me think that Vacation Simulator has significantly more content than Job Simulator had.   Anyone who liked the original will absolutely love the sequel.

Also, I made Virtual Avocado Toast.  Because why not. 

04jb8c8saw5y.png
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

Tadin
Heroic Explorer
My 11 year old son is certainly enjoying it (half term right now)

I havent been able to get near my Rift since it came out 🙂

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Hmmm, 96 % average rating based on 23 ratings - don't people understand that teleport movement and no way to turn using the thumb stick need PUNISHMENT?  😄

2innrj2r7eqv.jpg

Intersting if CrashFu will still like the game when he's finished eating  😉

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Yesterday my 7 year old son cried in anger when his 11 year old brother went on vacation. They both agreed to cancel ordinary summer vacation. Sigh, seems like I'll need another VR rig soon... And it seems that the high average rating is warranted...

Wildt
Consultant

RuneSR2 said:

Yesterday my 7 year old son cried in anger when his 11 year old brother went on variation. They both agreed to cancel ordinary summer variation. Sigh, seems like I'll need another VR rig soon... And it seems that the high average rating is warranted...

My girls are 7 and 9 (soon to be 10) - how do your boys cope with all the spoken english?
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

Digikid1
Consultant

RuneSR2 said:

Yesterday my 7 year old son cried in anger when his 11 year old brother went on variation. They both agreed to cancel ordinary summer variation. Sigh, seems like I'll need another VR rig soon... And it seems that the high average rating is warranted...

Well that varies. Variation has a lot of variables. 😄 

Spelling errors are FUN. 😄 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Digikid1 said:

RuneSR2 said:

Well that varies. Variation has a lot of variables. 😄 

Spelling errors are FUN. 😄 

Indeed. Wrote that post on my phone. Now I curse the build-in auto correct. Seems like Sony won this time  😄 And on the phone I can't get rid of these gray boxes...   :#

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Wildt said:

RuneSR2 said:

My girls are 7 and 9 (soon to be 10) - how do your boys cope with all the spoken english?

It's not a problem for the 11 year old, he's been learning English in school for several years, but I help the youngest. I'm always there anyway, I never let them use VR alone in case one should fall or pull the rig on the floor  :#

You're absolutely right that all the talking in Vacation Simulator is a great problem for kids who do not speak English, the devs really should consider translating the game to other languages. Summer Fun Land works much better due to almost no language skills required.