cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would a bigger television get me back into Pancake gaming?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I really like VR, but the lack of AAA games is making me feel I also need to get back into pancake gaming. I currently have a 42" television and I'm just wondering if I get a 55" or 65" television, if this will get me more immersed in a game like VR does? Since VR came along I've struggled to get back into 2D gaming and there's some really good pancake games that will never come to VR.

So do you think a lager screen would get me more immersed in a game or not?
288 REPLIES 288

Swifty0ne
Expert Protege
I mean... I feel you. All the AAA quality goes to Pancake because VR entry at high quality is expensive and lets face it. Everyone has a Monitor... not everyone has a HMD.  The Games are starting to get better though. I think as more and more people get on board the quality will come with it. The Question is how do we make VR gaming affordable to the masses.  I am sick of waiting for a Horde Match in Dead and Buried.... I mean seriously its a free game and nobody plays it. 😞

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Have to say I am right back into TV gaming and playing games I missed due to VR. Struggling with contact lenses right now so rules out my rift.
Because it has been so long I am playing the division, Doom (2016) and Mad Max . The beauty is they cost pennies. I keep buying games in vr just not playing (picked up call of starseed for £1.81 10mins ago)

The 1st 2 metro games. Is it worth getting the redux? I have standard versions but feel I should get the newer ones for a better experience
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@bigmike20vt - Yes, get the redux versions they are so much better.

pyroth309
Visionary

RedRizla said:

@bigmike20vt - Yes, get the redux versions they are so much better.

This, Redux look a lot better.

inovator
Consultant

Have to say I am right back into TV gaming and playing games I missed due to VR. Struggling with contact lenses right now so rules out my rift.
Because it has been so long I am playing the division, Doom (2016) and Mad Max . The beauty is they cost pennies. I keep buying games in vr just not playing (picked up call of starseed for £1.81 10mins ago)

The 1st 2 metro games. Is it worth getting the redux? I have standard versions but feel I should get the newer ones for a better experience

I never wore contact lens until the rift so I feel for you. It's been getting harder to wear them. I have been doing  more vr with Playstation vr, go and more pancake games. With rift s glasses will be easier. Then it will be back into more vr. It sounds like that's your plan as well.

bigmike20vt
Visionary
I have had amazing lenses for years now, you can sleep in them and they are rated to stay in for up to a month. I always took mine out for an evening after 7-10 days just to clean them and make sure crud did not get stuck behind them...... But lately my eyes are getting sensitive to them. When I pull my finger out am gonna buy some dailies to get me back to vr.
I am not so sure about rift s for me (exciting product for vr newbies however) but with my large ipd and concerns with tracking for games like sports bar and lone echo etc I think I will need to have a proper good road test of the S before buying. I am more interested with index to be honest.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

inovator
Consultant
If index also offered inside out tracking I'd also consider it (I understand it won't). I love the idea of no more sensors and glasses,that can fit better. As far as you going to daily lens you should know the doctor said if I only wear them for vr only  I can take them in and out multiple times. For me that reduced the it cost. 

Wildt
Consultant
my current pancake game is Gear of War 4, which I picked up for 9 bucks. It's pretty good!
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Wildt said:

my current pancake game is Gear of War 4, which I picked up for 9 bucks. It's pretty good!

Latest pancakes I tried to digest were Crysis 3, Doom (2016), Dark Souls 3, Witcher 3, Divinity Original Sin (Enhanced), Battlefield 1, Hellblade, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Ashen and I've finished less than 20% of each game  o:) I don't know what happened, my interest in pancake games simply died - couldn't force myself to keep playing such games. VR changed everything. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

pyroth309
Visionary
I just started Monster Hunter World since I read it has 4k textures now. I tried to get into it when it released on Steam but the bugs made me refund it. Giving it another go. Recently I've been playing a bunch of different games from Kingdom Come: Deliverance to 7 days to die (heavily modded) to Battletech. I still love flat screen gaming especially for Strategy games. I picked up Shadow Warrior 2 cheap and I'll give that a go soon too. I loved the first one in the 90's.