cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift no longer available in my country(USA)

HiredGunSG
Explorer
When me and a friend went to the Oculus website to order one for him, the order button is gray and message stating that the Oculus Rift is no longer available in my country is displayed. I am in the United States. What is happening?
12 REPLIES 12

kojack
MVP
MVP

When me and a friend went to the Oculus website to order one for him, the order button is gray and message stating that the Oculus Rift is no longer available in my country is displayed. I am in the United States. What is happening?

The Rift is discontinued. The Rift-S is replacing it, but it hasn't been released for sale yet. We should have more info during the F8 conference on april 30 - may 1. Last year's F8 conference was when the Oculus Go went on sale, so it's a good change Rift-S and/or Quest will be released at this F8.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Kind of odd they did not allow for this overlap by having some CV1's to sell until the S was available.
If someone wants a PC-VR headset today, then Oculus is not a choice.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

dburne said:

Kind of odd they did not allow for this overlap by having some CV1's to sell until the S was available.

Well at least it seems that Oculus have cv1 inventory.  I just got my replacement cv1 headset today (refurbished, grade b).  Looks like new and works great.  Mine even came with a new headset cable so now I have a spare cable as well! 
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

kojack
MVP
MVP

dburne said:

If they did, people would probably complain that they bought a Rift without knowing the Rift-S was coming out the next day.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Even right now, there are several people that reported that is their plan when it release in hopes that they can get a new Rift S without having to be in line. Granted, I dont think it'll work like that - but many EU are already posting how they will and call it a 2 warranty claim lol.

Swifty0ne
Expert Protege
There is always Ebay.

jayhawk
Superstar
edit

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

Mradr said:

Even right now, there are several people that reported that is their plan when it release in hopes that they can get a new Rift S without having to be in line. Granted, I dont think it'll work like that - but many EU are already posting how they will and call it a 2 warranty claim lol.

You can't replace something just because it has a 2 year warranty. If they deliberately create a fault they won't get jack shit.

Digikid1
Consultant

dburne said:

Agreed and it is very wrong for them to do so. Yes it promises sales of the newer rift but it’s very sneaky and unethical for them to do so.  It’s ALWAYS a better idea to continue a previous model until such a time the newer model has been proven a well made product. Then they have something to fall back on. 

Whoever made that decision  needs a good swift smack upside the head for being dumb.