cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would a bigger television get me back into Pancake gaming?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I really like VR, but the lack of AAA games is making me feel I also need to get back into pancake gaming. I currently have a 42" television and I'm just wondering if I get a 55" or 65" television, if this will get me more immersed in a game like VR does? Since VR came along I've struggled to get back into 2D gaming and there's some really good pancake games that will never come to VR.

So do you think a lager screen would get me more immersed in a game or not?
288 REPLIES 288

Wildt
Consultant
I enjoyed SW2 quite a bit, but it was a tad too easy on normal difficulty. 
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
This new trailer does look interesting ... must ... resist...

https://youtu.be/a03FqiDpfqk

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Digikid1
Consultant

Wildt said:

my current pancake game is Gear of War 4, which I picked up for 9 bucks. It's pretty good!

Even for a 2D game that’s well worth it. Great game series. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
I still spend a good amount of time playing 2D games, though honestly I think I spend more time benchmarking and tweaking settings than actually playing. Have a few rigs, but one is on a Samsung 55" 4K HDR TV, it's pretty nice actually.

42yebum0hng5.jpg

I mean, VR is great but I find that regular 2D games can be very immersive as well (especially with the 55" TV as a monitor. If I sit close it fills a huge amount of my FOV). All things being equal, I would love to play AAA games like Far Cry New Dawn in VR, but if they are not available it would be a shame to miss the experience.

inovator
Consultant
I agree but nothing takes the place of being in the game. I play horizon dawn and god of war in my Playstation headset to get an imax like experience. Borderlands 2 vr is amazing.

Wildt
Consultant

Digikid1 said:

Wildt said:

my current pancake game is Gear of War 4, which I picked up for 9 bucks. It's pretty good!

Yeah, it's got AAA production value for sure, but it just crashes every second cutscene now. Extremely frustrating, and going by the posts on the subject, it's not just me. Only solution is to downgrade the nVidia drivers to something ancient which I won't do.

Such a shame - I really enjoy the game, but having to reboot my rig and replay the part leading up to the cutscene is a drag :angry:

Digikid1
Consultant

Wildt said:

Digikid1 said:

Wildt said:

Yeah, it's got AAA production value for sure, but it just crashes every second cutscene now. Extremely frustrating, and going by the posts on the subject, it's not just me. Only solution is to downgrade the nVidia drivers to something ancient which I won't do.

Such a shame - I really enjoy the game, but having to reboot my rig and replay the part leading up to the cutscene is a drag :angry:

No issues here but I was referring to my Xbox One  X version. However it’s sad to hear about the pc version having such bad issues. 

pyroth309
Visionary

Wildt said:

Digikid1 said:

Wildt said:

Now you know why it was 9 bucks!  😄

Digikid1
Consultant
I want to know WHERE I can get it for 9 bucks!!!

Wildt
Consultant

Digikid1 said:

I want to know WHERE I can get it for 9 bucks!!!

Seen it even cheaper on some of those semi-shady online stores. 
But tbh it's still a ripoff for such a bloody crashfest! :angry:
I've resorted to skipping the cutscenes, and watching them on youtube.