cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating games

VinceMc
Explorer
I have both Echo VR and Elite dangerous, but can't play them because the updates wont install.
I download the update, it says it's installing update. Then it just goes back to pending..
Help!!!
14 REPLIES 14

Faikey
Honored Guest
I had this issue I guess windows decided I didn't have permissions to save to my default location anymore. I had to find a random folder where I had permissions and make it my new save folder. Don't know why this happened.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried once more and Set the Default Location and then Restart PC and it completed 3 Games. 
I tried to move one, RIPCOIL, and it wouldn't find a starter file (not the exe). I can't Uninstall it or nothing anymore with that, same for LUCKY'S TALE (2 games I used to experiment with as I care not for them).
So now I still have 2 Games I can't Install (one was manually deleted and won't Download back, the other was Uninstalled by menu and can't!)
VIRTUAL DESKTOP still will not Download and Update and says it's a AV blocking it yet had AV=OFF.
I have 3 Games now on my C: Drive I really do not want there as the SDD will need space to move it's files around as they do!
Access Permissions have been lost for the Games Drive, probably by an SSD Crash I had whilst my PC Booted by UEFI and needed to Restart Boot by auto for my Legacy PCIE Music DAW Card. It now does Restarts as normal but any Cold Boot will do the 1min BlackSOD waiting for it to perform it's own Legacy Boot (we can't set BIOS to do this due to Drives are over 2TB limit!) - It's a Windows bodge 😉
To test moving the Files back to Games Drive meant Stopping Oculus Services so I could delete the "_oaf" folder. It failed to start RIPCOIL so I won't do any others.
Perhaps the MBR needs fixing. Once it wasn't even allowing files to be deleted.

VinceMc
Explorer
It's a joke.If I want to update a game, I have to un-install it first? On top of that, if I am playing and want to leave a game to play another one, I have to re-start the PC because Oculus says I'm still in an app..
With all the resources they have, they can't get the simple things right, then ignore any requests for support.

Anonymous
Not applicable
The actual solution is somewhere on this forum to redirect Junctures via CMD Prompt with Raised Admin Rights. It's really a Windows Issue but some DEVs let the back door wide open for this. Many of them are the free Oculus games!

Genericat
Expert Protege
Same problem here. Oculus support are sincerely trying to help but problem remains.

Tried disabling antivirus and firewall. Tried Oculus setup repair. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. None of these solves the issues of certain game updates stuck in "Pending" (AltVR and Xing)..

MAC_MAN86, can you please give us a link to the solution you mention? A search of the forums came up with nada.