cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official Films Thread

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well bollocks, we've got a telly thread so I thought I'd create one for films too.

I'm currently working my way through Movies With A Twist Collection 3 which I downloaded years ago from TPB. All of those torrents are now dead which is a shame because I didn't get around to downloading Collection 4. I'm downloading all of those separately which is a hassle but will be worth it in the end going by 1-3 so far.

Am in the middle of watching Law Abiding Citizen, I think I've seen it before but i was so long ago I've forgotten what happens.

The problem with watching these films knowing that there's a twist makes it easy to work out what the twist in question is so probably better if you watch them without that knowledge lol

Here's a list of some of my all-time favourite films of all-time in no particular order:

Brazil
The Life Of Brian
The Holy Grail
The Meaning Of Life
Star Wars
The Empire Strikes Back
Lifeforce (a terrible film but the female lead vampire spends most of it naked lol)
All Lethal Weapons
All Die Hards
Every Dirty Harry Film
The Jungle Book (the Disney original)
Pi
Falling Down (just for the McDonalds scene lmfao)
Silent Running
Logan's Run
All 60s-70s Planet Of The Apes
Soylent Green

Am going to stop there otherwise this post is going to be HUGE lol

583 REPLIES 583

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Saw the first episode of Black Summer last night - it was ok, RedRizla seems to have enjoyed it more than I did, I'll give it another shot later tonight  🙂

Also just bought this movie - found it for 8 bucks - it's the highest-grossing anime film of all time worldwide - and 8.4 on IMDB. Have had it in MKV for years, just never got to watch it and thought I better support the industry  o:) (and my TV's processors need a lot of data to work with  B) )

edrjx6fuas6c.jpg 
The movie is part of my recovery proces after The House That Jack Built 😄 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Digikid1
Consultant

RuneSR2 said:

Next movie on my list - I'd like the steelbook edition, but this seem extremely expensive (even if it's 4K + 3D) - is the disc made of gold? - Did Jesus touch and bless the disc? 

p17czyx28i9z.jpg

I hope the price will come down after the movie is released April 22... 

Or Black Summer it is - I'm slightly getting tired of zombie movies - or movies where the main characters can't talk - or can't see, but if Zenbane says Black Summer is good... - I did see the trailer last night, but ended up watching Maddie, which was kinda boring - I'm pretty sure she won't be found in S1E8 😉

I also just watched Spiderverse. Surprisingly good for a cartoon movie

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RuneSR2 said:

Saw the first episode of Black Summer last night - it was ok, RedRizla seems to have enjoyed it more than I did, I'll give it another shot later tonight  🙂  

- And just saw episode 2 to 4, much better than the first episode. Episode 2 is probably my favorite for now - maybe episode 1 and 2 should have been merged, episode 2 is much more coherent and loved the action. Stange that the length of the episodes seem to vary from 20 to 44 min, so it does make sense - if possible - to watch them all at once.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Digikid1 said:

RuneSR2 said:

Next movie on my list - I'd like the steelbook edition, but this seem extremely expensive (even if it's 4K + 3D) - is the disc made of gold? - Did Jesus touch and bless the disc? 

p17czyx28i9z.jpg

I hope the price will come down after the movie is released April 22... 

Or Black Summer it is - I'm slightly getting tired of zombie movies - or movies where the main characters can't talk - or can't see, but if Zenbane says Black Summer is good... - I did see the trailer last night, but ended up watching Maddie, which was kinda boring - I'm pretty sure she won't be found in S1E8 😉

I also just watched Spiderverse. Surprisingly good for a cartoon movie

It's also rated 8.5 on IMDB - and number 49 on IMDB's list over the top 250 best movies ever made:

https://www.imdb.com/chart/top?ref_=nv_mv_250

It's the highest-rated Spidey movie ever made. Would love to see the 3D version - but I'm definitely not going to spend like $70 to get both versions. 4K wins for now I think... Strange that the 3D version isn't available in the UK, but it is in Scandinavia and some other countries. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just watched Sinister on Netflix about a true crime author writing a book about murders. Not going to give anything away, it's an excellent film. 🙂

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

snowdog said:

I just watched Sinister on Netflix about a true crime author writing a book about murders. Not going to give anything away, it's an excellent film. 🙂

Does he turn into a Transformer at any point in the film?

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

snowdog said:

It was Sinister I thought was such a great horror movie - not The Conjuring - got them mixed up. Yup, The Conjuring is for young girl scouts, Sinister is for men 😉

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Ended up binning The Expanse as it was getting dull - kept waiting for it to get interesting, but after 5 or 6 episodes we gave up.

Still watching Grimm, though - that's nothing special, either, but at least it's a little different from the usuals.

We took my brother's advice of trying the series instead of the films on the Pay TV services - as most of the films are crap (to us). We did watch an interesting Anthony Hopkins early performance, though - on YouTube. Not bad - but don't watch it if you need action...

https://youtu.be/bi-KmCgpAVQ

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

RedRizla said:

snowdog said:

No.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

snowdog said:

RedRizla said:

snowdog said:

No.

I couldn't resist looking at the spoiler.