cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows security update fubared Oculus application!

71st_Mastiff
Honored Guest
the new update is causing Oculus to take up to 5 minutes to start; I suggest uninstalling AVAST or the update.
windows update culprit.
KB4493509

" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater comeback " Asus z370 MX||i9x9900k||ddr4-32gb PC3200||RTX 2080-8gb||AX1200 Corsair||turtle beach elite pro 7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr 4/ir||ViRpiL,T50cm|MFG CrossWinds||X55 Throttle||G15 Keyboard/Mouse|| Rift VR \ 32" Samsung|| 1x9inc||
4 REPLIES 4

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

the new update is causing Oculus to take up to 5 minutes to start; I suggest uninstalling AVAST or the update.
windows update culprit.
KB4493509

I got that Windows 10 cumulative April 2019 update a couple of days ago and I have not had any problems.  This was with 1.36 and yesterday I updated to 1.37ptc and still no problems.

If you are having problems maybe try downloading Oculus software and run Repair.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

falken76
Expert Consultant
Mine takes up to 10 minutes to load Oculus software the first time after a reboot.  Mine isn't caused by a windows update though, there's something conflicting on my system and I'm not sure what it is.  I never bothered to figure it out since it loads.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

falken76 said:

Mine takes up to 10 minutes to load Oculus software the first time after a reboot.  Mine isn't caused by a windows update though, there's something conflicting on my system and I'm not sure what it is.  I never bothered to figure it out since it loads.

Maybe your antivirus?  Who knows?  Have a look at your task manager and see if you can find any processes that are hogging your system.  Maybe try a Repair?  

My Oculus app has always fired up in less than 10 sec flat.  If you cannot sort this out maybe start a ticket with Oculus Support.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mine Boots twice from a Cold Start and hangs on BlackSOD for 1min to Auto-Restart. This is due to me setting Secure Boot OFF whilst OEM GPU was in, Booting then removing drivers to add my bigger GPU GTX1080. Upon installing Dell told me that it will do this as it goes into UEFI to try a Secure Boot until it realizes it can't, then just performs the Legacy Boot I wanted. Although in BIOS I can't set it to Legacy Boot as my Drives are over the 2TB limits. So it seems it will always do this but I'll talk to them again as there maybe a menu to make the UEFI always just perform a Legacy Boot regardless also.
BTW I thought the last Culmulative Update solved those issues with Oculus.