cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vacation Simulator is available in the Oculus Store - $30

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Not sure this game deserves its own thread - but it does look like fun, maybe especially if you got kids:

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1818689078164305

https://youtu.be/9io7Zkoyxcw

https://youtu.be/RSLN_Zlu3mg

https://youtu.be/BPkj-cXIUAA

Now there's no need to pay for expensive holidays - just put on the HMD! Awesome!  😄

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

30 REPLIES 30

Wildt
Consultant
Yeah, I'm also present, but it's quite the chore to yell the translation at a kid who's busy exploring  🙂
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Wildt said:

Yeah, I'm also present, but it's quite the chore to yell the translation at a kid who's busy exploring  🙂

Most instructions seem to be when you enter one of the 3 levels, so it's not that bad. Many tasks are self-explanatory - and you can prepare food many places (requires no instructions).

Personally I bought the game, tested it myself for 30 min, then I let the youngest play it for about 1 hour - so there was still time to get a refund. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

Wildt
Consultant
Well, playing Job Simulator was an endless loop of "Hva' ska' jeg nu?"
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Wildt said:

Well, playing Job Simulator was an endless loop of "Hva' ska' jeg nu?"

Vacation Simulator is more: "Das ist so toll! Der perfekte Urlaub! - Ich will immer hier sein!"

Hope my spelling is correct, you're from Germany right? 

Or to put it differently:

Nine year old daughter's rating of her dad, who doesn't lets her play Vacation Simulator: 2/10.

Nine year old daughter's rating of her dad, who lets her play Vacation Simulator: 10/10.

Of course that means you'll no longer be able to use the Rift much - time for some Netflix? 
😄 

😉 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Fun observation - there're no god rays in Vacation Simulator. Either that's just awesome design, or the devs are just lucky that the bright colors and backgrounds don't (or extremely rarely) cause any god rays.

Since my sons love the game so much, I've change my rating from 4 to 5 stars. Also after making more sandcastles, actually *long dry cough!* there may be some cognitively challenging content in the game even for adults - or my uncle Alzheimer just arrived early  :#

BTW, be careful when playing ball on the beach with the robot - I just knocked out one Touch controller against the ceiling. Had to take out the battery and insert it again, now the controller works again - phew! 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Even though I - as a grown man - an adult - of course don't spend a lot of time painting in kids' games like Vacation Simulator :blush: I've heard - or read - *cough!* :blush: that you can paint in a rather awesome way in Vacation Simulator - in fact this article is spot on! (or so my sons say... maybe also their dad :blush:)

https://www.roadtovr.com/vacation-simulator-virtual-reality-paintbrush-design/ 

gbvlvwviup3b.jpg

Maybe this video isn't the best example, but you get the idea...  😄

https://youtu.be/uusDO21ouj4

I've also heard :blush: that you can have fun skipping rocks in the game - anyone got 7 or better?  B)

Today Vacation Simulator has an average rating of 96 % in the Oculus Store based on 50 ratings (making it the 4th best Rift game of all Rift games with 40+ ratings) 

CrashFu
Consultant
My high score in the rock-skipping game is 8, but I only managed to get it that high once.   Totally unrelated, you can skip your stone using the slingshot, too!

The painting mechanics are pretty nice.  I like how you can use photos as the base.. or even dip your brush into a magic photo-colored spot to paint bits of it over whatever else you're doing on the canvas, lol.

Apparently I've enjoyed this game for over 8 hours now!  Tried out all of the activities at least once, but haven't 100% completed all of them.   Sadly, I've run out of cooking tasks to do; Clearly my favorite of all the activities, and I was kind of hoping that even after I got all the memories, there'd be like.. randomized tasks available just for the heck of it.  Like the "Infinite Overtime" mode in the original.   But I guess nothing is stopping me from just making random food items for the heck of it, huh?     

Anyone want a (screenshot of a) sandwich, or anything?  :tongue:

I guess there are also a number of actual VR cooking games out there for me to buy.. anyone have any favorites?
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Patch 1 has arrived - although I haven't experienced any issues with the game so far:

Patch 1 Notes

16 APR @ 12:10AM - BUDDINGMONKEY
We just pushed Patch 1 live for Vacation Simulator! Here are the patch notes for this update:

Changes:
  • There are now 5 Guest Passes (save games) available for players
  • The fish now can breathe flames and/or bubbles, just like a human can!
  • Minor VO additions and modifications to clarify specific cases of player confusion
  • Spectator Headset View FOV now defaults to 60
  • Spectator Headset View now mirrors screen fade
  • Bathtub tap now turns off when leaving zone
  • Added haptics to treasure chest lock
  • SuntanBot now respects all cooling items
  • VacationBot will now accept food order from Forest/Mountain/Overlook/Divesite/Hiking as well as Beach now
  • Shampoo fluid now causes the player to spit bubbles that match bubbles being poured in the bath

Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed a bug where VacationBot could end up in an incorrect position during the introduction
  • Fixed an issue where audio could be duplicated when returning to the museum
  • Trash cans can no longer destroy living things, and other fixes involving creature destruction
  • Fixed an issue when attaching lenses to the handheld spectator camera
  • Fixed an issue where WildBot wouldn’t hand the player a memory
  • Fixed an issue where handheld spectator camera light was appearing in photos
  • Fixed an issue with the Unicorn Horn hat clipping hair
  • Fixed an issue where Skiing wouldn’t cancel when dropping on of the poles during the intro
  • Fixed an issue where hats and mittens in small play spaces would return to the wrong position
  • Fixed an issue where puzzle pieces could fall through the table
  • Fixed some item icons and descriptions
  • Fixed an issue where the tortilla chip would not cook
  • Fixed an issue where the “Castle Blaster” game would not clean itself up properly and would curse future games and the bathroom mirror
  • Updated beach order board to say PhotoBot2 to match mountain order board which says PhotoBot3
  • Fixed an issue with saving paintings between sessions
  • Fixed an issue where you could shred a guest pass and have it not respawn until restarting the game
  • Fixed an issue where captain hat would appear on boat after you have taken it
  • Fixed a few Vacay-pedia issues
  • Additional minor bugfixes

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
New DLC arriving next week - looks interesting, my 8-year-old son loves this game:

https://youtu.be/ghk2OKd6dEE

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Back To Job - the free DLC - has just arrived - just patch the game and you've got the DLC. Official launch trailer:

https://youtu.be/DfDxEDNrjsw