New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

High end oculus vr.. don't hold your breath

Comments

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,116 Valuable Player
    And we all know that the bestest AAA game EVAR is on it's way, albeit VERY slowly. All done by one very sexy developer who at some point in the not too distant future is gonna marry @vannagirlB)
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,796 Valuable Player
    snowdog said:
    Both. The Rift S is a high end headset coming in a few weeks and the CV2 will be the next one coming in 2022.

The Rift S is only a notch below the Vive Pro in terms of clarity, it's going to be a high end headset.
    How could the rift be high-end when it doesn't have IPD adjustment or earphones to save a few bucks?

It's a mid-range VR headset. Better than the cheap WMR headsets but not as good as a Vive Pro. And when you add knuckles controllers, it's even a bigger difference. 

It's just a fact that it was designed to be affordable. It's a Honda, not a BMW. But Hondas are good cars. Great fuel mileage, reliability, and resale value. Rift-S excellent quality, reasonable price but it's not high-end. 
    i7 6700k 2080ti   Rift-S, Index
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,605 Valuable Player
    MowTin said:
    snowdog said:
    Both. The Rift S is a high end headset coming in a few weeks and the CV2 will be the next one coming in 2022.

The Rift S is only a notch below the Vive Pro in terms of clarity, it's going to be a high end headset.
    How could the rift be high-end when it doesn't have IPD adjustment or earphones to save a few bucks?

It's a mid-range VR headset. Better than the cheap WMR headsets but not as good as a Vive Pro. And when you add knuckles controllers, it's even a bigger difference. 

It's just a fact that it was designed to be affordable. It's a Honda, not a BMW. But Hondas are good cars. Great fuel mileage, reliability, and resale value. Rift-S excellent quality, reasonable price but it's not high-end. 

Have you actually tried the Vive Pro? I'm guessing not. I have. And BMW is quite the stretch. Plus girthy wands are the opposite of high-end hand presence.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • KlodsBrikKlodsBrik Posts: 1,197
    Wintermute
    Not having to deal with an mechanical switch for ipd .. That's quite much a step forward for me.
    Be good, die great !
  • KoBak07KoBak07 Posts: 42
    Brain Burst
    Zenbane said:
    KoBak07 said:
    Lenovo has only produced low end, cheap WMR headsets - thus the label "junk".

You are still dodging. The Lenovo Explorter received good reviews on Amazon (by Consumers) and on places like Trusted. Low end and cheap are not the labels for "junk" by any stretch of the imagination. The fact is that you are 100% wrong to call Lenovo's products "junk," but it seems you are going to double-down for arguments sake. I'll continue to point out how wrong it is because the wrongfulness of your statement is the sole basis for your exaggeration of the Rift-S situation.

Calling something "junk" just because it is cheap is a bit silly considering that the Oculus Rift + Touch dropped from $800 total down to $349. Math isn't on your side here.

I still think, that most likely a decision was made at FB in Q3 last year to just take the cheap Lenovo, then as quickly as possible snap on the Oculus tracking and controller as an upgrade (this is actually a real upgrade) and call it a day for PCVR. Not surprised that some people jumped ship and not wanting to play the PR smile while talking about it.

Not surprised to see you try to downplay the situation considering your past hyperbole. Granted, you are overlooking huge factors like the 5-cameras on the Rift-S which makes it the most precise Inside-Out Tracking HMD on the market.

The lack of AAA titles are a direct result of how the industry changed over the last decade+. It used to be that devs wanted to blow people away with creating worlds and experiences, now mostly its just about making the bucks, while catering to the lowest hardware out there, and banging out the next re-iteration of the "whatever 21".

None of that is even remotely accurate. AAA titles take 3-5 years on average. We just now barely hit the 3 year mark of mainstream PCVR. Time is needed to allow for true AAA Software releases. But we need something in the meantime, which is why we get the types of experiences found today.

No matter how those Amazon reviews are, the product has weak tracking, small lenses, cheap plastics and other materials. At it's full MSRP of 399 is a joke, but I guess if you don't mind all of that at $99 that it was going for a while I guess it was a great buy, for somebody out there. Look, different products fit different market segments, and this one was definitely not aimed at providing a high-end VR experience, nor priced as one, while available at "On sale" prices. But it does not change the facts, that from a high end immersive experience perspective, it is as far as you can get in the current products on the market.

I downplay the "huge factors" of 5 cameras, as it does not offer any tangible benefit for people who already have a proper room scale setup. Rather it reduces tracking performance, and it also requires room lights to be on, which was not needed before. On another note though, since future Oculus titles most likely will be cross platform between the Rift and the Quest, it probably does not matter anyways. Since the Quest will have tracking limitations such as the Rift, devs will design with that constraint in mind.

• inovatorinovator Posts: 2,098 Valuable Player
    Someone said dvrs didn't become mainstream until the price dropped to 100.dollars. not true they sold millions at higher price points. Gee do you think having plenty of content had to do with it. 
    Brain Burst
    snowdog said:
    KoBak07 said:
    snowdog said:
    Oculus still is a high end brand with a soon to be released high end headset. It doesn't just come down to specs. For my money, despite the 2K resolution, the soon to be released Acer Ojo and HP Reverb are both mi range headsets. Why? Because the tracking isn't good enough for them or any other WVR headsets to be considered to be high end headsets.

All hands on reports for the Rift S have been positive so far despite the trade offs both Oculus and Lenovo made during the design of the thing.
    So that high end headset is coming soon or in 2022?

I thought Facebook is now targeting the mainstream, because that is what's needed for VR to survive, but also the Rift S is a high end headset.  Got it. :/
  • ShocksVRShocksVR Posts: 465
    Trinity
    edited April 15

KoBak07 said:

I downplay the "huge factors" of 5 cameras, as it does not offer any tangible benefit for people who already have a proper room scale setup. Rather it reduces tracking performance, and it also requires room lights to be on, which was not needed before. On another note though, since future Oculus titles most likely will be cross platform between the Rift and the Quest, it probably does not matter anyways. Since the Quest will have tracking limitations such as the Rift, devs will design with that constraint in mind.

I currently have my 3 sensor Rift (+ goodies) listed on Craigslist. Once it sells I'm UPGRADING to the Rift-S. Not having to deal with external sensors and the USB fights is a win for me.

I cannot tell you how many times I've been asked to "hey bring your VR headset so you can show people" to family events and parties.  And everytime I'm asked I CRINGE at the thought of taking my sensors down (wall mounted btw) and setting them back up elsewhere (plus tinkering with the sensor layout to minimize occlusion).  And lets stop acting like external sensors had 100% tracking with no occlusion (because it didn't)

Having an out of the box room-scale W/O external sensors is a DREAM !
    i7-7700k, GTX 1080Ti (11G) || MSI B150m (1 USB controller) + Inateck 4-port USB to PCIe (2nd USB controller)
    Oculus Rift S
    Oculus GO
    Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale
    Zenbane said:Have you actually tried the Vive Pro? I'm guessing not. I have. And BMW is quite the stretch. Plus girthy wands are the opposite of high-end hand presence..

Omg those wands I remember when I had to decide between the rift and vive. I almost went for the vive because I was such a big fan of motion controllers. But oculus saved me so I decided to be mature enough to swollow using the Xbox controllers for 6 months. One of best decision purchasers ever. I can't imagine using wand controllers with no analog sticks.
    edited April 15
    KoBak07 said:
    No matter how those Amazon reviews are

Reviews matter when trying to label something as "junk." You have no basis for calling it junk other than personal bias. The Industry and Consumers speak to Lenovo not being junk at all.

I downplay the "huge factors" of 5 cameras, as it does not offer any tangible benefit for people who already have a proper room scale setup.

Wrong again. I have a proper room-scale setup and while I'm quite happy with it in its current form, being able to remove the cables running through the room for my 3 cameras would in fact be a "tangible benefit" based on the literal definitions of both "tangible" and "benefit." Physical cables and sensors must be maintained (cleaned often), and they use extra Ports on the PC.

Rather it reduces tracking performance,

The lack of behind-the-back camera does offer reduced camera "coverage," but there is currently zero evidence that "performance" is reduced. You're just guessing here.

it also requires room lights to be on, which was not needed before.

I can agree that this kinda sucks. I do enjoy VR sessions in the dark. But I would rather wait to test this out first-hand before passing final judgement.

• RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,710 Valuable Player
    Don't want to change the topic, but rather then making another thread, I thought I thought I'd just ask here. Does anyone know if the Rift -S controllers work with the CV1?
    Brain Burst
    Zenbane said:
    KoBak07 said:

Reviews matter when trying to label something as "junk." You have no basis for calling it junk other than personal bias. The Industry and Consumers speak to Lenovo not being junk at all.
    Of course there is personal bias in reviews, as each person views it from the perspective of what they expect a product to fit. For example I would rate a Nissan Sentra as a very bad vehicle if you want a nice interior, and great driving dynamics. Just like that, I would consider the Lenovo explorer as a subpar product for providing a high-end immersive VR experience, that Oculus was a champion for in the past.

KoBak07 said:
    Zenbane said:
    KoBak07 said:

Of course there is personal bias in reviews, as each person views it from the perspective of what they expect a product to fit.
    I've read the reviews and they seem quite fair. I'm referring to your own personal bias. You have allowed your bias to take over so much that you will continue to refer to Lenovo products as junk despite the blatant reality showcasing the opposite of junk. And now your bias has you accusing all the reviews that contradict you as being biased. Quite hilarious!

For example I would rate a Nissan Sentra as a very bad vehicle if you want a nice interior, and great driving dynamics.
    In that example, the Nissan Sentra isn't junk. Nor is it a very bad vehicle. You just are bad at rating things properly.

Just like that, I would consider the Lenovo explorer as a subpar product for providing a high-end immersive VR experience, that Oculus was a champion for in the past.

That still doesn't make it a junk product.

Your arguments are quite redundant. The constant rephrasing won't make them any more valid.

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,951 Volunteer Moderator
    RedRizla said:
    Don't want to change the topic, but rather then making another thread, I thought I thought I'd just ask here. Does anyone know if the Rift -S controllers work with the CV1?
    Yes, the new Touch controllers work with Rift S, Rift CV1, and Quest. The old ones only work with CV1. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • MradrMradr Posts: 3,536 Valuable Player
    edited April 15
    nalex66 said:
    RedRizla said:
    Yes, the new Touch controllers work with Rift S, Rift CV1, and Quest. The old ones only work with CV1. 
    Do they? I think I miss something. I didn't know the new controllers work for the CV1 where did you see that information? If you can, please link - I tried to do a google search (guess I am not a good googler) but I dont see anyone writing it works for the CV1.
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,710 Valuable Player
    edited April 15
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cxTJgbRi1E

I'll be getting a Rift -S after watching this YouTube video. It's better then CV1 in every department and he's should know after spending 1 hour in it. Even the Halo design makes is so much more comfortable and that's one of the things I'm looking for. I did test PS -VR for a short time and felt the Halo design was so much better then the CV1 design.

Now all I need is a date it's going to be available and I'm hoping it's in May.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,951 Volunteer Moderator
    edited April 15
    Now you've got me searching for an official source. Here's one article that mentions the new Touch controllers being compatible with CV1, but I'm positive I've read or heard it from an Oculus representative (I thought it might have been Nate Mitchell in the Tested Interview, but I re-watched it and didn't find a mention). I'll post it if I find it.

Edit: Here's another article that mentions it:
    When it comes to the controllers, the Oculus Rift S’ is the same as Oculus Quest, and they’ll both work with the original Oculus Rift. However, the original Touch controllers will not be compatible with the new head-mounted displays (HMD).
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    RedRizla said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cxTJgbRi1E

I'll be getting a Rift -S after watching this YouTube video. It's better then CV1 in every department and he's should know after spending 1 hour in it. Even the Halo design makes is so much more comfortable and that's one of the things I'm looking for. I did test PS -VR for a short time and felt the Halo design was so much better then the CV1 design.

Now all I need is a date it's going to be available and I'm hoping it's in May.
    I haven't seen this one but I've seen others by which I thought for myself the s would be a big bump up in every way. It may be a small improved headset in comparison to what was expected but in comparison to the rift omg the improvement is awesome. I can't wait. 
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,116 Valuable Player
    MowTin said:
    snowdog said:

It's a high end headset for the reasons I've stated. It has high end clarity and high end tracking. If it wasn't for the tracking the WVR headsets would also be high end headsets, but the poor tracking makes them mid range.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 4,075 Valuable Player
    Zenbane said:

Here is a brief commercial interruption for the sake of laughs...

to be completely honest i think it is fair to suggest we have the vive to thank for the tracking we have with the rift. I do fully believe the rift WAS meant to be primarily a forward facing 270 degree motion controller tracked device.
    i think iirc oculus even stated this in the early days.  It would explain why the rift lauched with 2 sensors, why for the initial 12 months or so after launch the settings only supported forward facing and why the cable on the hmd is so short.

then the vive came out with its full 360degree tracking and oculus adapted.... it took some time with some buggy issues in the early days but now, with a 3 sensor set up i believe in an average - above average sized room the rift tracks every bit as well as the vive in full 360 degrees.
    but with out the vive i think we would still be like at touch lauch, with a much more psvr like tracking.

so for that i thank valve.
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
    edited April 16
    Sorry too @snowdog if I come out strong saying you might be wrong too. I see it both ways in terms of the direction Oculus could go. I agree mostly with you in terms of I want good VR and that price alone shouldn't hold us back if it includes a step forward in hardware advancement. It's just what I am seeing right now and what some forum users are saying just doesn't look good, and at the end of the day, I just want more information from Oculus to say what they are wanting to do and what their future plans look like. Waiting 3 years just to find out, at least from my point of view, isn't reasonable to ask of its customer base to have faith in. Either direction they go is fine and I understand - but small comments they made over the release of Quest and Rift S makes me do a double take from what they said at the start. 

I do hope openXR opens the door too. Remember, at the end of the day, Oculus is a store as well. Their main goal is to sell software. If we can get a thin layer to support any headset you want to play - then that works perfect and sure does open the market to whatever headset you want to use on any store that supports it. Software is key for any hardware solution and that will be the way for VR as a whole to move forward.

Image result for openxr

Question though, will openXR use whatever API design for the store/product or will they their own API sets? I mean for example, if I use a Vive Pro and run Oculus' store software - would you get the benefit of ASW - while if you run Oculus on Steam's store software you will get their version ASW? OR you will get whatever the HMD supported for their API set? OR You will get openXR ASW version? The diagram is a bit confusing to read:)

I do hope its the first - this way the store can always have a leg up on another store if they wish to from software advancements while providing whatever hardware you want to use. This means buying software from the Oculus store would have great value over buying steam software while at the same time using a Valve Index for higher spec hardware. Win win for the customer - but I can understand why the company may not like selling their hardware at a lost if they can't a win in the store front too:) I would assume at that point though - it be up to the store to keep software coming in so customers buy on their store over the other and to work on getting better features setup for their store in the first place.
    edited April 16
    MowTin said:

I wanted to reply to this post especially last night but my phone would not let me log in.

honda are not a bad example of where i would like oculus to be actually... offering affordable reliable devices at 1 end of the market, but also offer a more balls to the wall device at the higher end for those who want to pay a bit more.

Fiat are an even better example.

they make this

and they make this

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
    edited April 16
    to be completely honest i think it is fair to suggest we have the vive to thank for the tracking we have with the rift. I do fully believe the rift WAS meant to be primarily a forward facing 270 degree motion controller tracked device.
    i think iirc oculus even stated this in the early days.  It would explain why the rift lauched with 2 sensors, why for the initial 12 months or so after launch the settings only supported forward facing and why the cable on the hmd is so short.

then the vive came out with its full 360degree tracking and oculus adapted.... it took some time with some buggy issues in the early days but now, with a 3 sensor set up i believe in an average - above average sized room the rift tracks every bit as well as the vive in full 360 degrees.
    but with out the vive i think we would still be like at touch lauch, with a much more psvr like tracking.

so for that i thank valve.
    Um, Vive always had 360 (one of its main selling points and why it was selling more units than Oculus for a bit even though it 200$ more than the Rift)... yes... Oculus was just a seated experience at the time of release (or was their main goal), but people wanted more - so standing was, "oked", but we didn't have controllers yet. It wasn't till the touch controllers came out that front facing was a thing from that point on that then turn into 360 for 3 or 4 cameras.
    snowdog said:
    KoBak07 said:
    snowdog said:
    Oculus still is a high end brand with a soon to be released high end headset. It doesn't just come down to specs. For my money, despite the 2K resolution, the soon to be released Acer Ojo and HP Reverb are both mi range headsets. Why? Because the tracking isn't good enough for them or any other WVR headsets to be considered to be high end headsets.

All hands on reports for the Rift S have been positive so far despite the trade offs both Oculus and Lenovo made during the design of the thing.
    So that high end headset is coming soon or in 2022?

You post with confidence, i will give you that snowdog, i imagine it will work well in an interview :)
    the truth is you have no clue, and nether do I.  You HOPE an all singing all dancing dome like hmd will come out in a few years time but really you are just going on faith... which is fine and all but i do think you should probably make it clear in your posts you are guessing just like the rest of us.
    remember it was not so long ago you were equally certain that oculus would never release a small upgrade device and at the same time that it would be commercial suicide for oculus to wait until 2021 even iirc for CV2.
    I really wish your 1st guess had been correct, I now hope your 2nd guess is also correct................. but those who think PC is now a secondary platform which will continue to get cheaper mid range hmds and that the quest is where oculus will focus most of their development is imo just as likely a prediction.
    The RiftS is a nice upgrade in some aspects, but, without sensor support (which oculus tease us may come) tracking will be compromised in a few areas, LCD vs oled again is a trade off, the loss of refresh rate is something i remember some posters panning pimax for with the 5k and the 8k, but the biggest thing making me worry about riftS is the lack of proper IPD adjustement.  I know you are equally convinced riftS will be just fine for those with extreme IPDs.... but when oculus themselves admit for some the riftS is not for them and for those they suggest get a CV1 or a quest then i think there is good reason to be concerned.
    What we really all need, and something which will stop most of this bickering is for oculus to open their store to all devices and i really hope openXR allows this.  I am not sure who is at fault for oculus not supporting other headsets but either way it is hurting VR as as whole imo as it is that kind of thing which makes some potential adopters sit on the fence and wait to see the winner.
    no one wants to be the owner of the betamax, the HDDVD, the saturn. or the 3DO.
    (I still have a HDDVD drive btw, and i was one of the mugs who bought a CD32 on launch and it does sting being on the losing platform)
    How can you say he has no clue and posts on faith. That may be true with the index. Nobody has tried that. But we have seen quite a few hands on with the rift s and quest. It's easy to get more than a clue how tracking and visuals are going to be. When the rift and go were in the same stage as rift s and quest is now, it worked as I expected when it launched  because I paid close attention to all  of the reviews. Visuals and tracking will be very decent and high end on the s.
    edited April 16
    inovator said:
    How can you say he has no clue and posts on faith. That may be true with the index. Nobody has tried that. But we have seen quite a few hands on with the rift s and quest. It's easy to get more than a clue how tracking and visuals are going to be. When the rift and go were in the same stage as rift s and quest is now, it worked as I expected when it launched  because I paid close attention to all  of the reviews. Visuals and tracking will be very decent and high end on the s.
    He means faith that the CV2 will be any good - base on the direction that they are currently taking and commented on about Rift S decisions. We will not know for another 3 years on what they will do or not do until 3 years from now and that is why it is consider faith in what is going on. Basically - read the last two pages between snowdog and I in the fact they might not go a CV2 high end - but instead - just release in small bumps like we saw with Rift S while bring out the advancements first on other product lines instead of first on the pcvr side of things (witch I gave examples of them doing with the lenses, screens, tracking, etc).
    edited April 16
    inovator said:

You seem to have built a wacking big strawman about what i said!.
    RiftS i am worried about for reasons i stated - no adjustable FOV and whilst some have said it is ok, oculus themselves admit it is not as good at the extremes.  Also tracking has some positives but we have SEEN videos of how it struggles in some areas. These are facts.. not opinions. I would like to see a video of somone playing pool properly in sportsbar VR.  IF it can do that, as well as lone echo whilst still playing naturally then the tracking at least i will be more relaxed about... but from what i have seen such videos are conspicuous by their absence....  but the ipd thing, this is a hardware issue which may be nothing to you, but everything to others.
    The refresh rate of the panel i am not so worried about myself, i had a DK2 and at 75hz it seemed great to me......... BUT there is a danger of some double standards going on (not necessarily here) but again, to reiterate i remember some people using the dropped refresh on the pimax as a massive negative for the 5k and 8k... it seems double standards anyone who had an issue with that then to be fine with it on the RiftS.

but...... my main point was based around CV2 in 2022 and oculus future regarding PC VR.... and i stand by everything i said. 
    Whether riftS you see as a high end device or mid range is kind of irrelevant, it is just your perspective, but its strengths and weaknesses are there.
    I am confident for some it will be an upgrade over CV1 but if a person cant wear it comfortably due to their ipd for long periods then it is moot for them, and that is what i am worried about regarding RiftS (from my perspective)

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,774 Volunteer Moderator
    My 2 cents, I actually completely understand why high-end enthusiast-grade is not on the Horizon for Oculus. They want to be the Playstation / Nintendo / Xbox of VR ... pricepoint needs to be low, requirements to use must be low and there has to be little to no friction to get into it. Plenty of other manufacturers out there working on or releasing enthusiast level hardware. There is something for everyone. Things like revive will even let you play Oculus games.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,227 Volunteer Moderator
    I've mentioned that analogies aren't great for comparing to VR but cars really are the worst!

Car manufactures can produce whatever they like in the knowledge that the infrastructure is there... the roads are  there... the petrol stations are there (sorry gas stations). Every car manufacturer is free to choose their target customer, safe in the knowledge that they can sell mass-market or small scale performance/specialist vehicles, able to make a profit on every vehicle they sell, without concerning themselves with the long term success of the automobile industry/road network ecosystem as a whole. The oil companies all make huge profits, road construction and maintenance is publicly funded.

EV is the only car analogy that comes close. Tesla had to build a network of chargers to plicate potential buyer's range anxiety. But even then, the only chance Tesla has of surviving is to make an affordable non-performance EV which they're trying to do. As of the end of 2018, after 10 years, the company has a net loss of $1 billion.

But even then this analogy is pointless, the infrastructure of roads isn't something Telsa has to contribute to. Regardless of Telsa's business plan, climate change is driving everyone to move to EV anyway. Governments are banning ICE vehicles from major cities and putting rules in place to ban them totally in the future.

VR headset manufacturers have none of these external influences. They have to grow the ecosystems themselves. They can't target anyone without there being a long-term business case that makes sense.
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18363.476)