cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beat saber won't update

WolfgangWaltenberger
Honored Guest
Hey, about a month ago I have bought beat saber in the oculus store. Things are working nicely, the updates are great. Except the most recent update, 0.12.1, just won't install. The oculus program simply says "couldnt install, please contact occulus support". Anybody knows whats going on?
30 REPLIES 30

CrazedLlamaz
Honored Guest
I have also been having this issue ever since Version 12. Since Oculus doesn't want to help with problematic updates in their launcher, I am no longer buying games via the Oculus store. I will just go through Steam. At least there we can get support and clear feedback on what is going on. 

Nij
Heroic Explorer
Thought I'd found a way round it, I moved beat saber to my second drive, then it let me update it and then I moved it back to my main ssd drive and it seemed to have kept all my scores but then I tried the same with lone echo as this had an update but after moving it back to my main ssd, I went to play the game and my save game had gone, so that game will now be redundant as I think I'd almost finished it and I'm not starting again
Headsets: DK1 Kickstarter edition, DK2, Rift CV!, Oculus Go, Rift S, HP Reverb G2 System: i7-8086K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz, 11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2, Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm about to find out if my fresh install works as 4 Updates wouldn't complete and it caused errors on that Games Drive. In my haste to try fixing the Drive I reinstalled Oculus but with AV still ON which I think is the issue. Or it's the repairs it did which broke some connection files. Once I couldn't delete any VR file at all until I re-connected the Drive! Seems like the MBR got all switched around upon trying to fix my Drive Errors. Reason it all started was due to an old DAW Soundcard actually needing a Cold Boot instead of just a Reboot to fully complete install...it gave me a BlackSOD for 30secs and seemed to crash then my PC could never be started! This time I discovered it was still installing during that time to finalise the Drivers even though they were installed in Devices using Update Driver. Hopefully that's all it was rather than needing a bigger PSU as I had previously. I gone from 825W (old PC) to new upgraded from stock 550W. Also I've noticed PCIE LINK STATE could have needed to be OFF for WAKEUP from SLEEP!

If your SSD ever crashes then expect problems! If you installed Oculus with AV ON then expect problems 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable
SO, fresh OS install and I get my PC to boot after it always has to do an Auto-Restart due to having the legacy Music DAW card and it over complicates the boot process. I have a Legacy Boot Option in Bios but my SSD is greater than the 2TB limit which would result in lost data even if it booted.
RESULT: I now had 9 Updates to complete Prerequisite checks and now just 2 remain to refuse to "Update" which is simply to check them against the already installed and working game which I can actually launch manually.

Oculus Download Management at it's BEST!!!:o 
So that's 2 games you owe me!!!

kickassretard
Protege
I also have the problem that most games fail to update. The workaround is to move them to a different location and then back. Then updates work.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fails...
I tried Copy/Paste.
I tried Cut/Paste.
Tried all those to same Drive but root Directory.
Tried all those but to C: Drive from 2nd Games Drive.
Tried all those with Running Oculus Update whilst in other locations.

There was an old post about redirecting the Juncture by some method.

Nij
Heroic Explorer

MAC_MAN86 said:

Fails...
I tried Copy/Paste.
I tried Cut/Paste.
Tried all those to same Drive but root Directory.
Tried all those but to C: Drive from 2nd Games Drive.
Tried all those with Running Oculus Update whilst in other locations.

There was an old post about redirecting the Juncture by some method.

Nice one for the update

I also have the problem that most games fail to update. The workaround is to move them to a different location and then back. Then updates work.

This did work for me for lone echo but I lost my saved game and I'd nearly completed it, should of copied the save file
Headsets: DK1 Kickstarter edition, DK2, Rift CV!, Oculus Go, Rift S, HP Reverb G2 System: i7-8086K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz, 11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2, Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't managed to find THE CMD FIX JUNCTURES yet even though I tried on 2 occasions. However, Support also mentioned other option to try Creating another USER MS ACCOUNT and although I think that will work, I don't know if it is a simple matter to then transfer all progs permissions via any Renaming or just Deleting the broken User Account. I'll get around to it. I had this before on a Drive I considered was failing so just bought another Drive! Best of luck.

LavaFlow
Honored Guest
Beat Saber, BoxVR, SUPERHOT, and Space Pirate Trainer were all stuck.  Looking through the OVRLibraryService.log and the consistent error was this:  

[Error] [5/31/2019 3:44:23 PM] Error moving old install directory.
Daybreak.Core.Io+IoException: Error installing '\\?\Volume{fff414c2-e572-40a5-9688-0336c70c4957}\Program Files\Oculus\Software\swap\hyperbolic-magnetism-beat-saber-a0903d13-1dc7-4514-a381-bde1386611b1'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Daybreak.Core.Io.InstallTrustedFile(Nullable`1 transaction, String source, String dest)
   at Daybreak.OVRLibraryService.Packages.PackageOperation.<>c__DisplayClass6_0.<FinishChunkedPackageInstall>b__1()
   at Daybreak.Util.Mixins.Retryable[TExpectedExcept](Int32 tries, Action block)
   at Daybreak.OVRLibraryService.Packages.PackageOperation.FinishChunkedPackageInstall(ChunkedPackageInstaller packageInstaller, CommonManifest installedManifest, String stagingDir, String installDir, String hotSwapDir, ChunkedProgressUpdater updater, Func`2 finishAction, IntPtr transaction, Boolean inPlace)
[Debug] [5/31/2019 3:44:23 PM] Operation failed.  Rolling back changes.

Tried shutting down non-essential services and apps.  Dug through a ProcMon capture to see if I could see the file lock (nope).  Even declared an AV exclusion for the Software folder.  No joy.

In the end, I shut down the Occulus app, moved the four game folders from C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software to C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\Old, restarted Occulus and initiated the upgrade from the Library screen.  Worked.  Now to figure out if I lost any save data and put it back...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your problem may return in future as Program Files Folder is used by OS so has Permissions on it. Ideally you install Oculus Setup to a 2nd Drive.
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/74027/games-wont-update