Free Assassins Creed Unity PC Game/Notre Dame Fire — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Free Assassins Creed Unity PC Game/Notre Dame Fire

Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,906 Valuable Player
edited April 17 in Off-Topic
In light of the Notre Dame Church that had a HUGE fire on April 15th 2019, Ubisoft has decided to give away free copies of Assassins Creed Unity for PC so that you can explore the Notre Dame Church in all it's glory.

It's very sad that this happened.  It will take an estimate of SIX YEARS to repair and a LOT of history has been destroyed. :(

Comments

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,732 Valuable Player
    Whilst it was terrible that all of that history has literally gone up in smoke I do find the hundreds of millions of Euros that everyone has donated quite offensive when you consider that NONE of these celebrities or companies did the same thing after the Grenfell tragedy.

Despite the historical significance of what was lost it's just STUFF and not human beings (although I believe that one firefighter was injured, unless I've heard that wrong?).
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,906 Valuable Player
    snowdog said:
    Despite the historical significance of what was lost it's just STUFF and not human beings (although I believe that one firefighter was injured, unless I've heard that wrong?).
    Agreed there.  Stuff can be restored....human lives cannot.  As long as we have records we can still remember the place.  Never been there ( actually I have never left Ontario.....except to Prince Edwards Island a couple times ) and  hope to see it at some point in the future.....restored or not.

This morning on the walk to my store I remember seeing a cathedral type building placed in a windows of a Lawyers office.  Looked to me like one of those Hallmark buildings that they used in their Christmas display ( this lawyers office has the ENTIRE collection and always displays them at Christmas time...quite beautiful as they light up and are animated as well ) and I remember them having the Notre Dame Cathedral in that display....I bet that is the same thing they have in their window now.