cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest Preorders Accidentally Went Live !

kevinw729
Honored Visionary

Facebook told us that Amazon launched preorders accidentally. Preorders for Oculus Quest have not begun. The Amazon listing has now been taken down. However, Facebook told us the £499 (US $499) pricing for the 128GB model is correct.

https://uploadvr.com/oculus-quest-128-uk-preorders-amazon/?fbclid=IwAR13Evo2zOxqGlEjbW0RynrAg3t-oiSq...

https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
46 REPLIES 46

bigmike20vt
Visionary

Here's a question, the galaxy fold is coming out on the 26th. If you can, which one would you buy? Don't tell me why.

isnt that a bit like asking which one would you buy a quest or a microwave?

they are totally different items, it depends which you need the most. I have zero interest in a mobile phone which costs more than £150... indeed i would rather have a phone the right side of £100 myself and then not stress about it breaking.... but am happy to pay for a better than entry level VR device.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Digikid1
Consultant

OmegaM4N said:

£500!!......for the 128 meg version!!!........but i don't want the gold jewel encrusted version that comes with two dusky maiden's who waft you with cool palm leaves and feed you Trukish delight, i just want the plain plastic one. lol

Speak for yourself. @snowdog and I want that version!!!!!!!

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
I still can't understand why they didn't make the Quest PC powered as an option or v2. Very disappointing - so I won't be buying one.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

DTH
Heroic Explorer
If the s will run all the games I already have. I might but so far everything I have read will not say yes or no.  they post about stuff I do not care about and talk in double speak about games we already own. I will not buy a game more than once.

Anonymous
Not applicable

DTH said:

If the s will run all the games I already have. I might but so far everything I have read will not say yes or no.  they post about stuff I do not care about and talk in double speak about games we already own. I will not buy a game more than once.

They've confirmed that the Rift S will be able to run all games that the current Rift does. Or are you getting the Rift S confused with the Quest?

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee

JD-UK said:

I still can't understand why they didn't make the Quest PC powered as an option or v2. Very disappointing - so I won't be buying one.

You never know what is around the corner. 😉
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

DTH
Heroic Explorer
@snowdog  I might be.  So I do not have to load a new home, store ect.  I guess I would just download updated software and unplug my sensors?  I would like to keep my Rift Just incase I'm not happy with the S.

CrashFu
Consultant

JD-UK said:

In other words, they should have just made one hybrid mobile / PC VR device, instead of the separate Quest and Rift-S?   True that would have been awesome, and given them a huge advantage over other HMDs...  But I wonder how much a device like that would have cost?

Particularly, if it had all of the best features of each headset and none of the cost-saving tradeoffs.  $600, maybe?   Certainly, VR enthusiasts would buy it at that price, but would they have much luck selling it to everyone else?  $400 is kind of a magic number for entry-level devices, I think, because that's about the average price of a Game Console at release. $600 isn't objectively that much more, but subjectively it's twice the average price of major game consoles now that their prices have dropped.

DTH said:

@snowdog  I might be.  So I do not have to load a new home, store ect.  I guess I would just download updated software and unplug my sensors?  I would like to keep my Rift Just incase I'm not happy with the S.

Correct.  Actually, I don't think you'll even need any specific software,  the support for Rift-S should just automatically be in the latest / next home update whether you get one or not.    But also, Oculus Home will continue to support the original Rift for a very long time, so even if you get a Rift-S and decide to return / sell it later,  you can still play all the hot new games on your old Rift.   (They just won't look quite as nice :wink: )

Come to think of it, maybe a generous return / refund policy is exactly what Oculus needs to get skeptical Rifters to try out the Rift-S?  Maybe even include one or more of the hot new AAA titles as freebies with purchase, and say you can keep them even if you decide to return the Rift-S.
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
They recently added support for multiple headsets in the Oculus desktop app, so you probably don't even need to unplug your sensors or your CV1.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable

JD-UK said:

Because PC-VR is no longer a large focus of Oculus, hence contracting with Lenova.
Mobile and social aspect are where they are mainly focused now.
Of course only my personal opinion based on observations.