cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official Films Thread

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well bollocks, we've got a telly thread so I thought I'd create one for films too.

I'm currently working my way through Movies With A Twist Collection 3 which I downloaded years ago from TPB. All of those torrents are now dead which is a shame because I didn't get around to downloading Collection 4. I'm downloading all of those separately which is a hassle but will be worth it in the end going by 1-3 so far.

Am in the middle of watching Law Abiding Citizen, I think I've seen it before but i was so long ago I've forgotten what happens.

The problem with watching these films knowing that there's a twist makes it easy to work out what the twist in question is so probably better if you watch them without that knowledge lol

Here's a list of some of my all-time favourite films of all-time in no particular order:

Brazil
The Life Of Brian
The Holy Grail
The Meaning Of Life
Star Wars
The Empire Strikes Back
Lifeforce (a terrible film but the female lead vampire spends most of it naked lol)
All Lethal Weapons
All Die Hards
Every Dirty Harry Film
The Jungle Book (the Disney original)
Pi
Falling Down (just for the McDonalds scene lmfao)
Silent Running
Logan's Run
All 60s-70s Planet Of The Apes
Soylent Green

Am going to stop there otherwise this post is going to be HUGE lol

583 REPLIES 583

Anonymous
Not applicable
I watched The Conjuring the other day and quite enjoyed it. Have now downloaded Yhe House That Jack Built and will watch that later on.

Am in the middle of watching The Autopsy of Jane Doe and it's pretty good so far, am about halfway through.

I'm on a real horror vibe as far as films are concerned at the moment, I watched The Amityville Horror remake last night but it wasn't anywhere near as scary as the original, but that might be because I was a kid when I watched it lol

Vampires freaked me out for a while when I was a kid because I snuck downstairs whilst my parents were watching a Christopher Lee Hammer House Of Horror film and it gave me nightmares. From then on I started to sleep with my arm wrapped around my neck to protect it lol :blush: :smiley:

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

snowdog said:

I watched The Conjuring the other day and quite enjoyed it. Have now downloaded Yhe House That Jack Built and will watch that later on.

If you watch it this weekend, we can go together and see my trauma therapist next week. He offers couples therapy, and we can split the bill!  B)

You're watching the unrated (uncensored) version right? 

Next in my get-well-and-forget-The-House-That-Jack-Built-therapy is watching this film - it's in the mail tomorrow  o:)

grcv18mnhtn9.jpg 
And before you laugh, yes it's for my sons, BUT I read this on IMDB:

"Laughed Until I Cried

17 February 2018
This movie is seriously funny. There are so many parts where I couldn't stop laughing. I'm an adult man and this may be my favorite movie. 

Ignore negative reviews about the bullying scene. I mean the rabbits are mortal enemies of the gardener so yeah they are going to do whatever it takes. People need to stop being so sensitive about the whole allergy issue. 

This movie will make you laugh, cry, and wish you could watch it again. Take your kids, take your mom, take a stranger..... they'll laugh too !!!"

The movie has a $50 mill budget - it can't be bad  😄

https://youtu.be/7Pa_Weidt08

BTW, did get this one too - 4K edition:

https://youtu.be/EsozpEE543w

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Didn't realise there was an Uncut version. Have started downloading it now, thanks for that! :smiley:

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
We just watched The Ghost Ship for the second time, as we couldn't remember much of it - always a good sign..... not!

Nothing special at all, but as we watched the whole thing, it couldn't have been that bad. Only 90 minute's anyway. Same old story, really, just in a slightly different setting.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just finished watching The House That Jack Built and loved it lol

The only part that was disturbing to me was:

The poor duckling getting his leg cut off. Poor thing. I loved his wallet too, I might have to make one for myself!  >:)

Anonymous
Not applicable
I also watched Creep last night which was excellent, about a guy that hires a videographer to do a video for his unborn son because he has cancer. Loved it. I REALLY like low budget indie films like this.

I also watched Creep 2 this morning but it was nowhere near as good.

kojack
MVP
MVP
Later today I'm going to watch Lupin The Third: The Castle Of Cagliostro again. Monkey Punch, the creator of Lupin III, died a couple of days ago at age 81. 😞
The Castle of Cagliostro was directed by Hayao Miyazaki (his first feature film), 6 years before he founded Studio Ghibli.

Kind of appropriate for here, Universal Studios Japan has a Lupin III VR ride at the moment (limited time, it's ending in september).

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Digikid1
Consultant
lcv47ud1pspe.jpeg

Just received and watched this. Pretty good but not excellent.  Something is off on this and I cannot put my finger on it.  Will be great for my English dub ONLY Dragonball collection.  Love anime but ONLY English dub....can’t stand jap dubs. 

kojack
MVP
MVP
The Dragon Ball movies are usually non-canon.
Toriyama did write the screenplay for Resurrection F and Broly, and the story for Battle Of The Gods, so these 3 should be canon. The rest were done without him.

Digikid1 said:

Love anime but ONLY English dub....can’t stand jap dubs.

I would generally disagree, except in a few specific instances:
- I prefer the english dragonball cast. I'm just not used to goku being voiced by an 82 year old woman (although she does a fine job). Although the dragonball abridged cast is even better. 🙂
- Ghost In The Shell has an excellent english cast
- FLCL had the director fly out to america to supervise the english cast to make sure the dub was done right. It shows.
- Yu Yu Hakusho, because Kuwabara is voiced by Christopher Sabat, who also does Vegeta and Piccolo from Dragon ball.
- Ninja Scroll. I like Dean Wein as Jubei.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Bloody hell, I've just watched The Devil & Father Amorth directed by William Friedkin who directed The Exorcist. It has footage of a real exorcism for the very first time. 😮

I guess you could put it down to the woman being nuttier than a fruit cake, just like our very own @vannagirl, but her voice was a bit fucking spooky lol 😮 😄

Definitely worth watching anyway just to see what goes on in a real exorcism  B)