cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apex Construct on Oculus Quest will support cross-buy with Rift

Juliusson
Protege

Hi all, Andreas from Fast Travel Games here! We have received a lot of questions from the community about cross-buy for our game Apex Construct on Oculus Quest, so I thought I would confirm to you now that this IS supported! If you already own our game on Rift, you don't need to pay for it again on Quest:-)

We will share more specific info about the Quest version of Apex Construct soon, but let me know if you have any questions at this point!

Apex Construct on Oculus Store: https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1255051101208827/

4 REPLIES 4

MowTin
Expert Trustee
I heard a lot of good things about this game. I haven't had a chance to play it yet. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

Juliusson
Protege

MowTin said:

I heard a lot of good things about this game. I haven't had a chance to play it yet. 

Great to hear! There is a free demo of the first level available for download on Steam if you have the option to try it on that platform. We are also running a 50% discount right now on the Oculus Store if you are eager to get the full experience:-) Cross buy with Quest is supported as well.

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Out of curiosity, how hard was it for you to convert your game for the Quest? Is it it really difficult and takes months of hard work? Or was it really simple and took just a few hours?

Thanks.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

Juliusson
Protege

Out of curiosity, how hard was it for you to convert your game for the Quest? Is it it really difficult and takes months of hard work? Or was it really simple and took just a few hours?

Thanks.

Hi, sorry for the late reply. We actually ported a part of Apex Construct to mobile VR (Gear VR) as an experiment last Spring and that helped us understand a lot about the necessary priorities etc when making the Quest version. The "hard" part was that we decided to only do the full game experience and reach a perceived experience similar to the Rift version, so it took some time to get all the animations and the details in, but thanks to the mobile experience (and the fact that we had released Apex on PSVR first) it was a smoother experience than we first thought.