New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

The Music Thread

Comments

• WildtWildt Posts: 2,261 Valuable Player
    @pyroth309 - the art from "Black Blade" looks like a mutated Motorhead cover.
    PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
    PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
    WMR: HP Reverb
  • CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,756 Valuable Player
    My interest has been piqued for the new album from King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beIDKFwXam0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kE1S9olY6A&list=WL&index=3&t=0s

Also digging the recent "Buoys" album from Panda Bear.  Can't stop listening to the track "Dolphin"  :grin:
    It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.
  • pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 1,667 Valuable Player
    Wildt said:
    @pyroth309 - the art from "Black Blade" looks like a mutated Motorhead cover.
    Lol yea kinda. Been going through my stuff, Got stuck on a 2 steps from hell kick. Here's some other favs.

Some other stuff -

And of course Hans Zimmer

• MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    edited April 2019
    APRIL FOOLS by Jimin Park - nice vibes just a bit late :o 
    Seems to be about rekindling a relationship by playing dead. Only he ends up being the fool 🤣

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 5,300 Valuable Player
    edited April 2019
    I'm a great fan of original American music  B)

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

Wintermute
    Try this out for dynamic contrast
    AIN'T NOBODY by HA:TFELT (Yenny)

DDD by Exid

• Dawas19Dawas19 Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    Red Hot Chili Peppers forever!!!!
    Wintermute
    edited April 2019
    CALIFORNICATION cover by Red Hot Chili Peppers (let this track play as you view the next 2 clips)

Or did you mean this @Dawas19

"This is so good...very, very, good" eating NAM NEUNG the best Vietnamese food experience in the world ever!

ENTER SANDMAM :p  cover by Metallica (this is very loud!!!)

Johnny Cash/Nine Inch Nails-Hurt Gayageum ver. by Luna

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,483 Valuable Player
    How come only some posts are coming up with YouTube players and others aren't?
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
    Wintermute
    edited April 2019
    They maybe using a mobile and didn't open the Share button to then see the option to COPY LINK then just use PASTE on here. Try NAM NEUNG in your life span. It really is a mind blowing experience. As you you try to work out how to eat it in a wrap your mouth drips with anticipation and it feels like survival food by the time you taste it!!!
    Wintermute
    edited April 2019
    I TRIED SO HARD by Linkin Park version ft. Jung Youth & Fleurie. "Time is a valuable thing..."
    R.I.P. Chester Bennington (20/3/1976– 20/7/2017)

LEGENDS NEVER DIE from League Of Legends ft. Against The Current

ESCAPE from Beat Saber ft. Summer Haze (Extended version)

Wintermute
    edited April 2019
    AWAKEN - Valerie Broussard. I never played L.O.L. (lol) but some say it could come to VR.
    Just how has it gained lots of great songs? There's none whilst you play it right? I'm lost :*

Wintermute
    edited April 2019
    <<<NEW RELEASE>>>
    KILL THIS LOVE
    by Blackpink after only 5days it already reached over 150million views!!!

DDU-DU DDU-DU by Blackpink

BOOMBAYA by Blackpink

SOLO by Jennie of Blackpink

Although massive now in the US I still much prefer Hyuna for her diversity from Soft to Hard to Negro Rap styles.
    Sometimes I feel KPOP has too much going on to take in on a first listen. Other times I feel it is bare. Only when you know where it's going, and this I've heard from other new listeners also, that you appreciate how they created it.
    Wintermute
    edited April 2019
    A very intriguing 30min Documentary about the rise of Coachella (one of the World's Biggest Music Festivals in California) via PEARL JAM's fight with Ticketmaster when looking for random places to play without going through them due to ripping off the Concert Goers!
    BLACKPINK performed tonight for a 1hour Set being the 1st ever KPOP act to perform there 🤩 @ 28'18"

As an unprecedented Gift to BLACKPINK for the first KPOP act ever, YouTube are streaming the event Live right now with full production cameras. Hopefully it will still be uploaded now they've finished it.
    Members: 2 South Korean / 1 Thai / 1 New Zealand

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 15,142 Valuable Player
    Another theme song from Conan the Barbarian. Played live,

Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    Wintermute
    I LOVE YOU by Exid produced by Shinsadong Tiger

I LOVE YOU by 2NE1 and was played on BBC Radio1 the first Korean song to do so before Psy both released in 2012.

Wintermute
    edited April 2019
    NO by CLC

NONONO by Apink

N.O by BTS (omg a boy band! nooooooooo!)

Guess the KPOP Song by it's "NO NO NO"

I assume that they are all just different versions of the same song.
    Wintermute
    NO NO NO by TheFatRat (if that's any clue?) ;)

Wintermute
    edited April 2019
    In Tribute to the lost, 5yrs today 😢...here's the post i first heard this song back in February:
    "How could they sing this and yet remain so professionally poised were my thoughts upon discovering this. 1st watch the MV, then the fan's explanation theory, and then watch them sing this live under such circumstance. It's not about just 1 separation...it's about 304!
    Watch it. This is one hell of a way to make a tribute if ever 😲"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-IyTC7rSno
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzr3GUGbaoA

THEN last night I couldn't sleep as I looked at the song again and discovered the dark truth of their gov trying to cover up the Sewol Disaster. I had no idea what date this tragedy happened!

Haunted by a song I discovered that revealed an evil secret 5yrs ago today on 16th April.
    At first it was a Tribute to the 304 lives lost in the S.Korean Sewol ferry disaster but was supposedly prevented to be officially due to the gov orders or just modesty in light not to profit from such in higher respect...
    But it was worse. On scene were US, Chinese and Japanese Navy Ships told not to help out whilst it was capsized and only a third were saved.
    But it was worse than that...a Diving Bell was coming to a rescue party and started work after it sank. They found a tube was sabotaged and held back efforts.
    But it was worse than that. The Coastguard almost killed the divers by ramming into the boat and soon after the rescue boat was ordered to stay out.
    Worse than that, their news were reporting all passengers were saved, later blaming the Captain for the loss of lives due to telling them to stay in cabins, and then after raising Sewol the gov bowed down and apoligized, also declaring to break up the Coastguard from any future Rescues.
    I had no idea of the gravity of this until today. The exact same day it happened 5yrs ago. Most were students the same age as Yeri of Red Velvet (19) in their video. A line in the song has their fingers walking along their arm, onto the hand which turns over, then falls upside down (see the animation at 1'25" & 2'50"). That clip was sublime in clips i had seen before but it was a sign which led me to look further and i discovered this 80min Doc. RIP 5yrs on 🚢🌸

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Posts: 163
    Art3mis
    Have you not heard this masterpiece?

Wintermute
    edited April 2019
    Hmmm paying tribute in respect of 304 dead Asian students is easily blinded by the West. How nice. Hopefully they don't just want to go to South China Seas just to play War Games but have a regard for the lives they are helping.

CRAZY by 4Minute

I AM THE BEST by 2NE1 (feat. "No No No No" by the cat)

Wintermute
    edited May 2019
    FOREVER YOUNG by Blackpink is just awesome and bound to put you in a good mood ;)

WANT IT by Itzy (2nd Single for this new act this year) has a cool funky Guitar Riff

• kojackkojack Posts: 6,407 Volunteer Moderator
    Neural Network generated Death Metal that never ends (infinite live stream).
    :)
    kojack said:
    Neural Network generated Death Metal that never ends (infinite live stream).

omg @kojack - this is the live soundtrack to Hell!

And it's glorious. I effin love it!! <3

• WildtWildt Posts: 2,261 Valuable Player
    Dang, now my oldest girl is starting to like daddys music. Was wondering when or if that'd happen.
    We're talking about the danish pop/rock band Nephew. Of course the greatest influence are the kids in her class and their music teacher, but nevertheless it's neat to have this in common.
    A couple of fan made videos she likes a lot:

PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
    PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
    WMR: HP Reverb
    Wintermute
    edited April 2019
    I LIKE IT by CLC is a very cool structured track. Happy Stuff ;)

HOBGOBLIN by CLC (woah now that looks dangerous!)

BLACK DRESS by CLC (that's more like it)

Wildt said:
    Dang, now my oldest girl is starting to like daddys music. Was wondering when or if that'd happen.
    We're talking about the danish pop/rock band Nephew. Of course the greatest influence are the kids in her class and their music teacher, but nevertheless it's neat to have this in common.
    A couple of fan made videos she likes a lot:

Guess you're not from Germany then, and it explains why you knew about the Overlords I guess ;) 

I really hope my sons don't start to enjoy my taste in music soon  :#