Sairento vr is unplayable!!! — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Sairento vr is unplayable!!!

So I have an i7 7700 ibuypower with 16gb ram installed and an rtx2080 founders edition graphics card everytime I play sairento there is screen tearing, stuttering, fps drops, sudden freezes this is the worst optimized game Ive ever played!! Is anyone else having this problem?! Its my favorite vr game but I can barely play it!!

Comments

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 2,324 Valuable Player
    Is it possible to reduce graphics settings, do you use high levels of super sampling?
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • Brandon5455Brandon5455 Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    No none of that! My rig is an ibuypower 7700 with a trace930 motherboard, 16 gb of ram (although the full 16 isnt available of course because of essential background processes) but I have way more than the minimum requirements. I have tried turning all settings to low, turned off anti aliasing, killed back round processes. This shouldn't be happening when I have an rtx2080 8gb installed
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,776 Valuable Player
    I have an I7 7700, 16 gigs and a 1060 6gb and the game plays perfectly fine on my machine, it's not the game.  It must be a conflict of some sort.
  • SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 1,049
    Wintermute
    It could just be drivers mate, uninstall your drivers and revert to old drivers.

There is nothing wrong with the game, it's definitely on your side. I had this problem once with other games like Robo Recall but once I went back to old drivers mine worked fine and the stuttering went away.

Just revert to old drivers. I have a GTX 1060 and it works fine for me.
    UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,859 Valuable Player
    edited April 19
    Works fine for me as well. 1070, 16gb,i7 8700k, latest drivers for everything. 

There is nothing wrong with the game. There is some other issue with your pc unfortunately. 

What AV do you have?
    NerveGear
    Forgive me I'm fairly new to pc gaming as far as AV I have a pink, green, and blue port and my audio says its Realtek HD audio manager. When you say "drivers" you do mean the drivers on my graphics card right? If I revert them will it mess with my other games? Also all my oculus cameras have issues to the point where I couldn't get them set up correctly.
    You don't know what "drivers" are?  Youtube is a great resource, look up how to roll back video drivers on rtx 2080, there should be videos on it.  People are making videos for everything these days.

Forgive me I'm fairly new to pc gaming as far as AV I have a pink, green, and blue port and my audio says its Realtek HD audio manager. When you say "drivers" you do mean the drivers on my graphics card right? If I revert them will it mess with my other games? Also all my oculus cameras have issues to the point where I couldn't get them set up correctly.
    hmm...no that is where you plug in your speakers.  If you have standard speakers you ALWAYS plug them into the green hole.

Drivers are small programs that teach a computer how to effectly run the hardware inside of it.

Much like a driver inside a car runs the car.....hence the name "Driver".
    NerveGear
    Right I'll try reverting them. As far as the sensor problems go though I'm not sure what to do I guess I could reinstall them first and try that
    NerveGear
    I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver on the geforce app but now it plays a little worse that before. I really wish i could fix it I love the game and I don't have issues with any other game but with this one I just don't know what the hell is going on *sigh* really wish i could play..
    Sry but when I asked about AV I meant AntiVirus. 
    NerveGear
    I use the windows defender I have McAfee as well. I turned off most of the background apps I don't use like game bar Im not sure what else do to this game tuns like absolute shit!! My other games so far have been ok not nearly as bad as this one
    NerveGear
    Maybe its something to do with minimum and maximum performance settings? Both are set to default 100%. I don't know getting tired of this bs I just want to play but cant.
    Disable McAfee and see if it helps. 
    NerveGear
    Did that. Uninstalled it actually and still the same problems wish I didn't buy it I have enough problems already with the rift cameras had to skip the whole setup. Thinking of just getting a vive instead tbh
  • SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 1,049
    Wintermute
    Don't be silly mate, Vive sucks haha.

This is PC gaming for you, owning a PC is more complicate then owning a console, sometimes you have to troubleshoot problems. It still sounds to be like it's a software issues with your GPU drivers.

Do you not have any family member that can help you with your PC?

Also just because you reverting back to one drivers addition doesn't mean you tried everything, sometimes you have to revert back 5 additions of drivers to find one that works for that particular game. 

Go to nvidia website and find a really old driver from like 1 year ago or something for your GPU and try that one instead.
    UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 2,324 Valuable Player
    The oldest RTX driver you may be able to find is probably 411.51. This was the driver Nvidia provided, when the RTX cards launched. 411.51 may be the RTX driver which has been given the greatest and most thorough compatibility check, because at launch day it may be Nvidia's worst nightmare to have a driver ruin official RTX benchmark results at major sites like Anandtech, Tom's Hardware etc. 

Then again, something else than drivers may be causing your problem - of course the game should be working using the latest drivers. If all your other VR games work perfectly, you could try to contact the devs for ideas:

http://www.sairentovr.com/contact-us/
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
    NerveGear
    Thanks for all your help going to contact them first and see if they know but if not I'll revert the drivers.
    Do NOT get the Vive. Shitty controllers, heavier, no headphones included and heaven help you if you need support from Vive. Oculus is far better in mostly every way. 

Give us a link to your EXACT computer because something else is up. Perhaps a shitty Power Supply or a loose cable  to your video card
    NerveGear

iBUYPOWER - Desktop - Intel Core i7 7700 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - 120GB Solid State Drive + 1TB Hard Drive - Gray/black these are my specs the only differences are I have a Corsair psu 750 watt and an rtx 2080 8gb installed

Hmm....nice specs. I don’t see any reason hardware wise then. You have top brand parts so doubtful that it’s a hardware issue. 

Do other vr games do this as well?
    NerveGear
    edited April 25
    Yeah I do. Really like Dead Effect 2 as well as robo recall but dead effect 2 tends to have problems on rift for me with multiple instances of black screens and freezing as well. Honestly though I dont play them now because I got sick of all the problems Oculus has. Was thinking about if not vive then maybe Windows Mixed Reality so I dont have to deal with the god awful setup and sensor tracking problems.
    Oculus is still the best right now.....and WMR really is a joke. It’s not an Oculus issue....this is an issue with your computer.  Nothing else. 

It could be a defective PSU....it could be a defective memory stick....could be MANY things. Just because something is new doesn’t mean that it doesn’t have defective parts. 

I think it’s time you have a chat with iBuyPower. 
    NerveGear
    Well upon further research I realized Wmr probably isn't the best choice. No point of built in tracking if the tracking is still bad. I guess it is time to contact them. I'm thinking the sensor problem could be a bandwidth problem with the usb ports but not sure. I really wanted to like the rift I wouldn't have swapped it out twice if I didn't but the fact that they don't even have a support number really says it all about their confidence in their product. 

I use the windows defender I have McAfee as well. I turned off most of the background apps I don't use like game bar Im not sure what else do to this game tuns like absolute shit!! My other games so far have been ok not nearly as bad as this one

Go to their discord page and ask for help, they should be able to help you.  They're going to want logs, the logs will identify what is conflicting on your system and causing this, at least I hope they reveal what it is.  You need to get support from the devs that made the game and Discord is currently what many devs are using to keep in touch with their users.
    Did that. Uninstalled it actually and still the same problems wish I didn't buy it I have enough problems already with the rift cameras had to skip the whole setup. Thinking of just getting a vive instead tbh
    Computer literacy is your problem, getting a Vive isn't going make it any easier...

iBUYPOWER - Desktop - Intel Core i7 7700 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - 120GB Solid State Drive + 1TB Hard Drive - Gray/black these are my specs the only differences are I have a Corsair psu 750 watt and an rtx 2080 8gb installed

Take out the 2080 and put the 1060 back in just to see if it can play the game properly, if it can, it's most likely a driver issue.  The devs for support is still your best bet, they need those logs.
    Well upon further research I realized Wmr probably isn't the best choice. No point of built in tracking if the tracking is still bad. I guess it is time to contact them. I'm thinking the sensor problem could be a bandwidth problem with the usb ports but not sure. I really wanted to like the rift I wouldn't have swapped it out twice if I didn't but the fact that they don't even have a support number really says it all about their confidence in their product. 

The product works fine.  The world of PC gaming has never been forgiving, it has always been fraught with troubleshooting nightmares because there are a million and one different configurations that devs have to program for as opposed to the universal 1 that Console devs have to support.  It's an absolute nightmare for someone not familiar with computers, especially when you ask for help and everyone you ask assumes you know so many basics.  That's not a fault of the newbie, these are complicated and most of us have been using them for years.
    NerveGear
    edited April 26
    Well if it worked fine there wouldnt be so many negative reviews about Oculus again I'm not sure why you say vive and wmr suck so much have you used them or any other vr headsets besides the rift? I'm not trying to bash the rift but it doesn't make sense to me how they don't even have a phone number to call. Every major tech company I can think of has one. But instead of adding better support they just decide to announce new vr headsets instead. To me it shows they don't really care about their customers problems.
    It worked fine for me and everyone I know that bought it.  So I take it you're not going to try the 1060 just to see if it's possibly a driver issue and you're not going to go to their discord channel to try and get support from the devs?