Robo Recall: First OH game with over 5K Reviews — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Robo Recall: First OH game with over 5K Reviews

ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 13,674 Valuable Player

Great news for one of my favorite titles,

Robo Recall Becomes The First Game With Over 5000 Reviews On The Oculus Store

This makes the game the most reviewed VR game on the Oculus marketplace and for good reasons. When you check the reviews and ratings, you will notice that the game has received a lot of positive reviews. In fact, 84% of the people gave it a 5 out of 5 stars.

https://www.vrandfun.com/robo-recall-becomes-first-game-5000-reviews-oculus-store/

Hopefully this means that we'll start to see some official DLC soon!

Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
Tagged:

Comments

• cybernettrcybernettr Posts: 902
    3Jane
    I was just about to post this myself! I think it shows the growing popularity of VR, as long as there continues to be great content for it. I’m sure a Robo Recall II will be equally popular. 
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 13,674 Valuable Player
    5,000 is a milestone number for an online storefront that is still considered beta. Even places like Amazon peak out at 2% reviews on average, although 1% is most common. While other stores that foster a "review culture" are able to hit much higher review percentages (e.g. Steam is probably over 10% easy, Etsy is over 20%, etc).

The fact that over 5,000 people took the time to review this is fantastic! In fact... I don't think I ever reviewed the damn game. So my stat isn't even being counted here lol

I should double-check.
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 2,002 Valuable Player
    Wildt said:
    Just hijacking a random RR thread to post this - a new tech demo with a strong RR theme :smile:

Gotta drink my coffee faster and stay more alert - just posted the video in another thread and then saw you got first dibs, impressive  ;)
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 1,707
    3Jane
    It's great fun but I just don't play it. I installed the SMOOTH LOCO hack and it really came to life but incurred some bugs. I don't understand why things don't get a polished treatment for VR. Everything seems to go further away from giving us the BEST VR EXPERIENCE EVER. Just because someone at Facebook wants 1billion VR users so thinks they need to do stuff only kids will want with cheaper VR headsets. Well sorry but in any multiplayer in VR you find out that only about 1 in 50 Players are kids! VR is a seriously simulation and we are being robbed of quality potential.
  • jayanshekhjayanshekh Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    M so much excited to try it out...
  • SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 971
    3Jane
    edited April 19
    Yeah this game is so deserving of so many extremely positive and glowing reviews as well. This was my first ever VR game I played when my Rift arrived, and I still play it today, it's simply awesome.

Have you guys installed the mod that lets you fight endless waves of mobs? I have that one installed and its a blast!!! :)

I'm with everyone else, the devs that made Robo Recall seriously need to release more DLC or release Robo Recall 2 with better graphics, bigger and better levels and weapons etc.

If they sold more DLC or Robo Recall 2 today or with the release of Rift S and Valve Index, can you even imagine how much money they would make? Sure millions!!!

I often say that most games in VR I won't spend £30 - £40 on and wait for them to go as low as £15 but you know what. If Robo Recall 2 came out today and cost £40 - £50 it would be an instant buy for me. And there's no other game that I could say that for. That's how high I hold this game in my heart. I've shown it to all my friends too and they were all blown away.

Why do you guys think they haven't released more DLC? Surely it wouldn't take them long to throw together a few more levels or something? They aren't willing to spend a couple of weeks on what could potentially make them millions in DLC?
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,334
    Project 2501
    edited April 19
    I never play Robo Recall anymore just like I never play Marvel Power United anymore.

They're devoid of any real content. They're both skeletons of a game. They're beautiful amazing skeletons but that's it. 

Both games would be fantastic if they had a nice long story-driven campaigns. 

Also, I wish they had stuck to the Bullet Train idea they originally had instead. 

I'm not saying it's not a great game. It's a fantastic extremely polished wave shooter. 
    Oh look, MowTin hates another game.

• Nekto2Nekto2 Posts: 244
    Nexus 6
    Multiplayer cooperative will be cool add on. And more immersive tricks like rocket flight and wall climbing. And even asymetric game mode, when other person will use Android tablet/browser to lunch new robots toward main player. Will be cool as a party game :)
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 2,002 Valuable Player
    edited April 20
    Robo Recall now has more than 6K ratings  :o  B)

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1081190428622821/?locale=en_US

Fighting Odin still is second to none - an absolutely epic VR experience:

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,334
    Project 2501
    Zenbane said:
    Oh look, MowTin hates another game.

I never said I hate Robo Recall. I just said I almost never play it anymore. It's probably true of most people who own the game. It lacks content. 

The best VR game is Lone Echo combined with Echo Combat and Echo Arena. I still play Echo Combat. It's without a doubt the best VR game. 

Fortunately, we're getting Stormlands soon. A real campaign and world, not just a glorified wave shooter. That's what we need to sell VR to the masses. 
    Stormlands is very exciting indeed. I fell in love with the open world it provides when I tried the demo. I believe it will rank up there next to Lone Echo as one of the best VR Games to-date.