cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAPUCHA check every time I try to login to the forums?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
How do I stop this CAPUCHA check every time I try to login to the forums?
7 REPLIES 7

kojack
MVP
MVP
Strange. I've never seen that from here.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

kojack said:

Strange. I've never seen that from here.

Just got rid of it using SuperAntispyware.

Nekto2
Superstar
There is.
When you press on "login" and see 3 dots not stoping it means there is captcha inside a query.
You could right click on login and get direct URL. Paste it and you will see a captcha.

Digikid1
Consultant
strange I have never seen CAPCHA on Oculus.....anywhere.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Now it's back again, but only if I don't use my VNP? Why does it appear only when I'm not using my VNP?

@Nekto2 - I'm not sure I understand what you mean? Are you saying this is normal or something? I never used to get it even without using a VNP.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Because when you use VPN it thinks you are a bot 😉

Another thing can be if your PC's true IP address is hidden by your network - so if, for example, you use a Netgear-based home network it will show your address as something like 192.168.0.1 - which the site software knows is not a genuine PC address, so it challenges you with a CAPTCHA, to make sure you are not one of thousands of bots that roam the net, trying to get in where they are not wanted. Probably a bit of a loose description, but that's the gist of it.

Right pain the fekkin arse, CAPTCHAs can be.

PS - one solution is to stay logged in.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Nekto2
Superstar

Digikid1 said:

strange I have never seen CAPCHA on Oculus.....anywhere.

Copy "Sign In" link instead of clicking on it (if you can't log in).

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/entry/oculusconnect

You will get captcha.

It is not ok with "sign in" button. You can't see it, but "sign in" is not working if there is captcha inside.