cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could You Survive An Apocalypse..?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd be okay for a bit but once my insulin runs out I'd be pretty much fucked 😞

If it wasn't for my diabetes though I'd be fine and would have no problems surviving. I'm a decent shot with either a bow or gun and would have no problems killing other people so that I could live. I can also make a fire too without a problem, and know how to make a battery and a water filter from everyday items.

For a battery you just need some nails and copper wire. Bang the nails into the ground and connect the wire to each nail. Boom. There's a battery.

A water filter? Easy peasy. Get yourself a bin, some charcoal and some sand. Puncture the bottom of the bin, bang a few holes in it, fill it up with alternating layers of sand and charcoal. Boom. Water filter.

That last one will probably save your life once the zombies/bombs start appearing, if you're out there and you see any insulin please feel free to drop some off to me to return the favour B) 😄
43 REPLIES 43

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Fuck that - I'd just round up a load of the local yokels and get 'em to do it all for me, and call me Negan 😄

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

kojack
MVP
MVP
Depends on the type of apocalypse.

snowdog said:

For a battery you just need some nails and copper wire. Bang the nails into the ground and connect the wire to each nail. Boom. There's a battery.

Earth batteries require dissimilar metals for the electrodes, such as copper and iron or copper and aluminium. If the two nails are the same material, there won't be a chemical reaction and electron transfer via the dirt electrolyte.
Leave out one of the nails and just stick the copper wire directly into the ground and it should work.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Yeah that would probably be fairly easy where I'm from. And I doubt I'd have to work very hard to survive. I live in Texas, just about everyone around me is literally planning and waiting for the damn Apocalypse lol

Anonymous
Not applicable
Of course, living in London, it is @vannagirl's DUTY to pop over to Tottenham so that we can breed perfect human beings to ensure that the human race survives. And you don't even need to wait until the Apocalypse has started, the sooner we start the better.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
btw,

Things didn't turn out well for Negan...

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Well if it's a Zombie apocalypse and they are anything like they are in "The Walking Dead". Then I'd just go about my daily life as if nothing had changed. The Zombies in that series are about as slow as a tortoise with arthritis and would be just a minor inconvenience. 

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee

RedRizla said:

Well if it's a Zombie apocalypse and they are anything like they are in "The Walking Dead". Then I'd just go about my daily life as if nothing had changed. The Zombies in that series are about as slow as a tortoise with arthritis and would be just a minor inconvenience. 

True .. I would go about and find Clementine, have her protect me against the human species. They seem like a bigger threat in that series. A great game though.
Be good, die great !

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

snowdog said:

I'd be okay for a bit but once my insulin runs out I'd be pretty much fucked 😞

If it wasn't for my diabetes though I'd be fine and would have no problems surviving. I'm a decent shot with either a bow or gun and would have no problems killing other people so that I could live. I can also make a fire too without a problem, and know how to make a battery and a water filter from everyday items.

A water filter? Easy peasy. Get yourself a bin, some charcoal and some sand. Puncture the bottom of the bin, bang a few holes in it, fill it up with alternating layers of sand and charcoal. Boom. Water filter.

That last one will probably save your life once the zombies/bombs start appearing, if you're out there and you see any insulin please feel free to drop some off to me to return the favour B) 😄

I did warn you that watching Black Summer could cause a relapse  😮 Now, did you remember to take all the antipsychotics, not just the green pills, also the hard to swallow red ones? Yeah, I'm quite worried right now!  😄

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Anonymous
Not applicable
You crazy fool. I can't start taking those ones again. They stop me from hearing the voices and I'd have nobody to talk to 😞