cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could You Survive An Apocalypse..?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd be okay for a bit but once my insulin runs out I'd be pretty much fucked 😞

If it wasn't for my diabetes though I'd be fine and would have no problems surviving. I'm a decent shot with either a bow or gun and would have no problems killing other people so that I could live. I can also make a fire too without a problem, and know how to make a battery and a water filter from everyday items.

For a battery you just need some nails and copper wire. Bang the nails into the ground and connect the wire to each nail. Boom. There's a battery.

A water filter? Easy peasy. Get yourself a bin, some charcoal and some sand. Puncture the bottom of the bin, bang a few holes in it, fill it up with alternating layers of sand and charcoal. Boom. Water filter.

That last one will probably save your life once the zombies/bombs start appearing, if you're out there and you see any insulin please feel free to drop some off to me to return the favour B) 😄
43 REPLIES 43

kojack
MVP
MVP
If you want an apocalyptic show that's not about zombies (zombies are boring now, they are used WAY too often), try The Promised Neverland (it's an anime).
Young children happily living in an orphanage, waiting for adoption. Then one day the nightmare begins.

One youtube review of it was titled "This anime horrified me for weeks". If that person watched Blood C they'd be traumatized for years.  🙂

Or for a very different animated apocalypse, try Gyo, The Death Stench Creeps.
It's about the world being invaded by fish with metal legs. It's based on a series by Junji Ito, the master of horror manga.

Gashunk!

Against a zombie apocalypse, no problem, I'd be fine. But in both situations above... not so likely.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable
One sort of apocalypse that hasn't been done enough is a vampire apocalypse. If @vannagirl was a vampire she could feed on me any time she wants...just as long as she turns me so that we could spend eternity together Heart

pyroth309
Visionary
I have a small personal Armory and I have basic survival skills so I'll probably last awhile as long as I have ammo. I also have a Barrett m82a1.50 cal and currently have about 120 rounds left so for people trying to get on my property, body armor is optional. 😄

I'm not a prepper though, most of what I own is shotguns and hunting rifles but I should be able to secure food unless it's nuclear/biological attack then I'm f'd like everyone else.

edmg
Trustee
I've played more than enough video games to know how to survive an apocalypse. And I'm not a bad shot with a pistol and rifle in real life, either.

Anonymous
Not applicable
LOL if the zombies were like walking dead - you might have some problems in the early days in large cities - but long as you took out more zombies than was bit - you win as a human race. Really, the infection would be over before we knew it except in large pocket cities. As other pointed out - the big reason is that they are slow - so just walking in and out a small firing groups would be more than enough to kill them much like we see with micro fighting in starcraft killing zealots.

On the other hand - I feel like 28 day later zombie like would be more real. Where they run at you and are smart enough to know how some things work like doors. Now that would be different and could take us by surprise enough to cause major problems.

On the other hand - more real life threat like nuclear/biological would be more than enough to kill most of the world. Not much you can prepare for those type of attacks. Even if you do have a bunker - you wouldn't have mear mins or seconds to get in there before it just wipe out everything. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

RedRizla said:

Well if it's a Zombie apocalypse and they are anything like they are in "The Walking Dead". Then I'd just go about my daily life as if nothing had changed. The Zombies in that series are about as slow as a tortoise with arthritis and would be just a minor inconvenience.

Yep, you'd be one of the first to die! lol

Everyone who makes the mistake of thinking that they will live by default just because Zombies are slow end up dead. Zombies never tire, and unless you can run forever without stopping for rest, food, and water, then you're gonna be in big trouble. It doesn't matter if they're slow when a horde of 100,000 stand between you and survival.

vannagirl
Consultant

Zenbane said:

RedRizla said:

Well if it's a Zombie apocalypse and they are anything like they are in "The Walking Dead". Then I'd just go about my daily life as if nothing had changed. The Zombies in that series are about as slow as a tortoise with arthritis and would be just a minor inconvenience.

Yep, you'd be one of the first to die! lol

Everyone who makes the mistake of thinking that they will live by default just because Zombies are slow end up dead. Zombies never tire, and unless you can run forever without stopping for rest, food, and water, then you're gonna be in big trouble. It doesn't matter if they slow when a horde of 100,000 stand between you and survival.

Please

no more helpful hints, some of us plan on finishing on top.

i also hear Snowdogs going to be kinda slow
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I don't think snowdog would even know that the apocalypse is happening. He'd probably still be in his room working on his VR Game
😛

vannagirl
Consultant

Zenbane said:

I don't think snowdog would even know that the apocalypse is happening. He'd probably still be in his room working on his VR Game
😛

Hahahaha

yes I know right

wow these Zombies are so life likeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 

Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

vannagirl said:

Zenbane said:

😛

Hahahaha

yes I know right

wow these Zombies are so life likeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 

Probably like this old joke, just imagine zombies instead of burglars  😉

https://youtu.be/fqZj8hG6dSc

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"