cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about Oculus Touch & battery drain...

Bix_Byte
Honored Guest
My left Oculus Touch drain battery faster than the right Oculus Touch. Why?
The left controller has 1-2 days duration while the right controller (main hand) after one week is still OK.
I think this is an hardware issue...
Solution?
31 REPLIES 31

cybereality
Grand Champion
That's not normal. Please contact us, you may be eligible for a warranty replacement. https://support.oculus.com/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Fanible
Protege
Interesting.  The exact same issue is happening with my right controller.  Always ends up dying long before the left.  I've tested it a couple times and the right controller may only last a few days at most, and then the left controller ends up lasting sometimes several days longer beyond that.  Considering I've had these for over a year now, I'd be surprised if I'm eligible for a warranty.

My wife and I both have headsets, so I'm going to try swapping the right controller with hers to see if it's just because I'm right handed, but I feel like that's a pretty significant difference in power to be only that.  That, and I've been playing a lot of games that use both controllers fairly equally.

CYBL4DE
Honored Guest
Same issue here. I changed both batteries at the same time and suddenly after getting back from work I found my left controller dead to the point it could not even stay powered on more than few seconds.

Daxmort
Honored Guest
Gonna resurrect this thread to say the same thing; now April 23rd 2019. I replaced my left touch controller battery yesterday afternoon, right touch controller battery has been untouched for over two months. I'm right-handed; this morning the left battery was only half-full. Right still "full".

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sometimes the battery will not make proper contact and needs slightly raised. The cavity is slightly too big and allows it to disconnect. I'd try adding some card under the battery!
Another point is we still get BATTERY WARNINGS for Games we are NOT USING TOUCH and in Elite this loses focus and can mean losing your Ship/Missions (invaluable time invested!)

mayuh
Honored Guest
Same here: On both my Quests - left controllers drain their batteries in standby. Right controllers both behave as expected.
Must be an firmware issue of some sort... 

dsmithgator
Honored Guest
I'm having the same issue on the quest.  Left controller drained down (I'm right handed) and the right is still at about 70%.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same problem switch the left to right and it's giving the same problem

w3lkzkjkbkc3.jpg

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Seems to be happening on the Quest touch controllers too. My left drains quicker than right even though I am right-handed.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

KaNeMore
Explorer
Same issue here, two differents controllers, same issue, right controller is draining so fast, I tested it and its about 10% less in 2.5h being offline. Playing 40% in 1.5h

Whats the matter here?, firmware? Desperate here

o3ru0uwabmgm.jpg