cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official TV Thread

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just thought I'd start a thread where we can all share what we've all been watching.

I'm just finishing the fifth and final series of The Gentle Touch starring the lovely Jill Gascoigne as DI Maggie Forbes. It's a programme from the 80s and is excellent.

Next up for me is the second series of Monkey, known as Monkey Magic in the States I think. If you haven't seen it then you HAVE to check it out. It's a Japanese programme from the 80s that tells the legend of Monkey, Piggsy, Sandy and Tripitaka who travel through Asia to pick up the Buddhist Sacred Scrolls. Some may be familiar of the legend from the video game Enslaved: Odyssey Of The West.

I love rewatching stuff from the 70s and 80s regularly, they don't make telly like that any more which is a real shame. All we seem to see these days is mostly reality TV bollocks with the odd gem hidden here and there. 😞

So what are you guys and girls watching?
351 REPLIES 351

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Yeah Black Summer is a much watch. Amazing and intense.

Although today marks the day where the One Show To Rule Them All returns!! I'm throwing a watch party at House Skeletor. Sheit's going down today!!

Digikid1
Consultant

kojack said:

That does work well. 🙂

Also used for fight music in Deadpool 2:

I have completely forgotten about that. LOL

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup, I loved Black Summer. Based on the TV series Z Nation, they mention the Black Summer in the first episode. I haven't watched all of Z Nation yet, just started rewatching it last night after finishing Black Summer.

Luciferous
Consultant

RuneSR2 said:

Have been discussing this show in another thread - maybe better to show the trailer in this thread. I'm getting ready for episode 5 tomorrow (season 1 has 8 episodes). At first the show did seem to have a very limited budget (staying out of the city center, some episodes with few actors involved), but after some episodes I think the producers have managed just fine. It's 6.6 on IMDB, maybe it's not for everyone, but I'm enjoying it right now:

I watched it after Zenbanes recommendation and enjoyed it, except for one thing

FFS pick up a weapon, 5 episodes of people walking around with not even a fork. This is America, people are armed when they go swimming. A zombie apocalypse happens and nobody picks up a weapon. Breathe and unclench. Ok I'm done.

kojack
MVP
MVP
I've started watching Project Blue Book.
It's basically X-Files, but set in the 50's.
It's inspired by the real life Project Blue Book, an airforce investigation into ufos.

I'm enjoying it, except for angry general. He just doesn't make sense. (Don't want to spoil it)

I'm getting a strong Dean Winchester vibe from the main airforce guy, and Aiden Gillen is cool as Dr Hynek.
(The real life Dr Hynek was the one who came up with the "Close Encounters" rating system)

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
I've completed Maddie season 1 - it did get better and better, highly recommended if you've got kids  😉 It's 6.8/10 on IMDB, I'm ok with 8/10. The series is made to make you firmly believe one thing at first, but then the evidence changes everything - and that may happen twice or more. 

https://youtu.be/tBnarCTOiCY

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Game of Thrones' episode last night was absolutely amazing!

No spoilers for those waiting to watch it. For everyone else, here are some hilarious meme's (they are all spoiler heavy!)

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Has anyone watched Chambers yet on Netfix? I might take a look but it has got mixed reviews. I guess everyone's taste is different though

Anonymous
Not applicable

RedRizla said:

Has anyone watched Chambers yet on Netfix? I might take a look but it has got mixed reviews. I guess everyone's taste is different though

I'm a few episodes in, pretty good so far. And I'm not just saying that because the lead actress is hot and got her tits out in the first episode. 😄

kojack
MVP
MVP

btw back on topic i have just 1 more episode to go on "Fortitude". It is a strange one, am at the end of series 3 and I still have not decided if it is any good or not. It has its moments, for sure, and I like the twists and turns it takes regarding character development, but it is proper weird.   I am not 100% convinced the person who wrote it - esp series 2 - is completely sane!.

I needed to watch something to fill the hole until Stranger Things series 3 launches.

I just started on Fortitude last night. I'm up to ep 7 of season 1. Very interesting show.
There's only two ways to see it here:
- Season 1 is on Amazon Prime. That's where I'm watching.
- Seasons 1-3 are on SBS On Demand. But every episode will have around 4 ad breaks.

SBS is an australian tv station for foreign content. SBS On Demand is their online streaming service. It's the only legal source of The Orville in australia, and has some other good shows. But so many ad breaks while streaming is damn annoying. I get pissed off enough at Amazon showing one ad before every episode of a series.

(I'm not aware of any ad blocking systems that work with my OLED tv, I use it's WebOS apps for all streaming, except for crunchy roll which refuses to support WebOS so I have to watch it on my pc)

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2