cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have a Rift- what to buy next?

ElvisPresley
Explorer
Question I have the Rift, Go, and the Lenovo- Not sure between buying the Rift S or the Quest- What are most leaning towards- The S has more power but it seems the Quest would be more fun without the wires- I dont think the bump from Rift to Rift S would be that noticeable- Thoughts???  ANDY
7 REPLIES 7

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Why not both?

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Richooal
Consultant
You know that you don't have to buy anything if you don't need it, right?
If your Rift, Go and Lenovo are working for you then why do you need any of the others? Buy a house or car or something instead.
My first thought was wait for second generation Rift, unless your existing Rift dies.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Greyman
Superstar
As a current Rift owner, probably the only reason that I would buy a Rift S would be if the Rift broke down and there was still no sign of the fabled CV2.

the Quest, on the other hand is the one that I will be far more likely to go for, due to it being free-standing and more flexible in where I can use it.  

My PC is in a fairly small room and the Quest would allow me, probably much to my wife's annoyance, to play games like Beat Saber in one of the bigger rooms in the house.  ?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

Richooal said:

If your Rift, Go and Lenovo are working for you then why do you need any of the others? Buy a house or car or something instead.
My first thought was wait for second generation Rift, unless your existing Rift dies.

I wish could buy a house for the same price as a VR headset, I'd own half the town if I could 😛

Richooal
Consultant

RedRizla said:

Richooal said:

I wish could buy a house for the same price as a VR headset, I'd own half the town if I could 😛

Yeah, I might have been a bit too enthusiastic there.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

FastForward352
Heroic Explorer
I may have to buy a Rift S in the incoming months since I encountered  the dreaded right earphone syndrome two days ago. Not a poor contact in the earpiece like I experienced some months ago on the left one, but a failure in the strap this time 😞
As for now I ordered a bluetooth headset and I'm waiting for my Rift to die :'(
Asus X99-A MB | i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz | Asus ROG-STRIX 1080Ti | 32 Gb RAM | SSD SAMSUNG 500Go M-2 |  Samsung 40" 4K Screen | T500RS & TH8A Shifter on Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog & Combat Rudder Pedals | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | OCULUS RIFT CV1 - 3 Sensor roomscale setup

Greyman
Superstar
From personal experience, it might still be worth contacting Oculus support, even if the Rift is out of warranty.  Mine was a month or so over the warranty, yet they still sent me a reconditioned Rift, when that audio issue arose with mine.