cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Explains Why It Doesn’t Think the Time is Right for ‘Rift 2’ or ‘Rift Pro’

kevinw729
Honored Visionary

“VR is going to keep progressing. So, beyond and shadow of a doubt, at some point we will have a next generation where we add some sort of feature that breaks all of the old stuff and makes it either not work, or makes it seem obsolete. Our goal is not to do that right now. Our goal is to bring as many people into the ecosystem as possible. Bifurcating the ecosystem with a Rift and, say, a Rift 2 […] is not the right thing to do right now.”

https://www.roadtovr.com/oculus-explains-timing-rift-2-rift-pro/?fbclid=IwAR37hW4dGpGnISlto-mubuiS2Z...

https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
179 REPLIES 179

KoBak07
Protege

snowdog said:

KoBak07 said:

snowdog said:

I'm just surprised you keep coming back to a forum you're banned from Atmos. This is the second time you've come back. 😮

Me Atmos? I thought KoBak07 was Atmos. 

Sorry for the off topic, but who is Atmos?

A poor individual who has an anti-Oculus agenda after Oculus killed his family and raped his dog. He was perma-banned a while back and counting this time is on his third account after his first two were banned.

Believe me, it won't take long for mods to lose patience with him and ban him a third time. He's a nasty piece of work.

Well, I don't have a son, or a dog.

I also far from having an agenda against FB Oculus, however I am definitely not jumping from joy that their only entry for PCVR

KoBak07
Protege

Zenbane said:

KoBak07 said:
Deep down I still hope that they succeed with getting more people on, as we need a larger install base. But having to wait another three years stuck at the current visuals, if you would want to stay on their platform sucks bad. There will be probably two more GPU generations in that timeframe, and even if the performance increase is only like Turing, there is nothing to take advantage of those resources from O.

I do agree that "waiting sucks." I am not thrilled about waiting for a serious hardware upgrade. But I, personally, am not limited to just the Oculus platform. I will happily buy a competitor (e.g. Valve Index) if they can release something that's actually worth a sheit. Vive Pro, Pimax 5K/8K, and WMR all force me to take a step "down" when it comes to hand-controllers. I just won't do it.

Valve Index may be a worthwhile competitor, we'll see at release. But I refuse to replace the sexy sleek Touch Controllers with Bulky wands and ridiculously over-sized Knuckles. Especially since I'd be doing it just to play the same damn titles that's already available. No other platform has any real exclusives to warrant the downgrade.

More or less I am in the same boat. I wanted to avoid having to mess with connecting and disconnecting headsets all the time. For other than sims, the Touch controllers are miles ahead of all others currently on the market.

Anonymous
Not applicable

KoBak07 said:

snowdog said:

KoBak07 said:

snowdog said:

I'm just surprised you keep coming back to a forum you're banned from Atmos. This is the second time you've come back. 😮

A poor individual who has an anti-Oculus agenda after Oculus killed his family and raped his dog. He was perma-banned a while back and counting this time is on his third account after his first two were banned.

Believe me, it won't take long for mods to lose patience with him and ban him a third time. He's a nasty piece of work.

Well, I don't have a son, or a dog.

I also far from having an agenda against FB Oculus, however I am definitely not jumping from joy that their only entry for PCVR

I wasn't referring to you, I was answering your question by telling you who Atmos is 🙂

vannagirl
Consultant

nalex66 said:

Banned Vive enthusiast/Oculus detractor who used to frequent this forum and has returned now under a new name. Forum history here.

Atmos confirmed??

he3cbo4ccwkz.jpeg

So you were all correct 😛

Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

nalex66 said:

KoBak07 said:

snowdog said:

Banned Vive enthusiast/Oculus detractor who used to frequent this forum and has returned now under a new name. Forum history here.

It's 50/50 whether he'll complain to the mods over being personally attacked for these posts.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh great - he'sssss backkkkkkkk….

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
So, back on topic,

I think this meme puts things in perspective in to where Oculus is driving their strategy and, despite a lack of high-end HMD being released at the moment, their existing hardware and software lineup is unparalleled.

3umzn39h67hv.jpg

Luciferous
Consultant
You may need to add another page where he is unshaven, black rings under the eyes and staring open mouthed at the index order screen. 🙂 Title premature headsetulation.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Leave the guy alone.  He's just over here looking for his Primarx 8k headset that he was bragging about 3 years ago.

If it is you Atmos, welcome back. 

Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3